User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Burn Notice

MBTI
    IsTP

So. Very. Wrong.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not necissarily Ni there
    Ni is foresight. You know Ni is foresight, you fucking wrote about it (amazing job by the way ). What else is foresight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm just saying that just because a type lists the functions in a specific order doesn't mean that those are going to necissarily be a person's orders of strength... he shows even more Se than he does Ni, with his technical grasp on things, ability to manipulate the situation around him on almost NO notice and control over his physical being
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

The other functions don't fit, in any case. Michael is clearly Te rather than Ti -- rather than scanning his environment and making deductions from it, his mode of operation is to foresee a sequence of events (Ni), and then plan accordingly and mobilize the necessary and available human and material resources to get that plan done (Te). His Se may be strong (I actually did detect strong Se in him, yes), it could even be stronger than his Ni and Te (bizarre but possible -- my own Te is stronger than my auxiliary Fi), but it's subordinate to his management and planning skills, and thus a lower function. That is why he's the mastermind of every operation, whereas Fiona (who is ISTP and badass of her own accord) is not. His feeling function is also Fi rather than Fe. He's certainly heroic, but his heroism is rather selective -- he appears not to give a shit about innocent bystanders.

EDIT: More on his Se... even being inferior, it would most certainly come out very strong, given his age and his line of work. It's gotten plenty of exercise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Fiona- some Feeler type, I'm not sure if she's an enfp. By the way Feeler is can be tough and bad. A lot of Fiona decision are determined by her feelings. Not saying that istps female aren't girly but Fiona is very girly. Look at her apartment and the way she dress.
    Michael- intj
    Sam- esfp
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Fiona is a tough as nails, impulsive, live-in-the-moment type (so Se it hurts) and not very sociable. I could easily see her being ISFP instead of ISTP, but she's definitely some sort of ISxP.

Sam -- I could definitely buy Sam being ESTP (certainly some sort of ExTP), but I think N. He seems to have some degree of foresight, though of course not nearly as much as Ni-on-crack Michael.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Fiona is a tough as nails, impulsive, live-in-the-moment type (so Se it hurts) and not very sociable. I could easily see her being ISFP instead of ISTP, but she's definitely some sort of ISxP.

Sam -- I could definitely buy Sam being ESTP (certainly some sort of ExTP), but I think N. He seems to have some degree of foresight, though of course not nearly as much as Ni-on-crack Michael.
    I can see Sam as an entp. That was my second choice. I'm glad you see Fiona as a F not T.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

If he's not INTJ, I'm Santa Claus.
    I want a new camera for Xmas.

Michael is an ISTP stereotype.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

No he isn't. I just laid out in detail why he isn't. Offer a counterargument, or gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

No he isn't. I just laid out in detail why he isn't. Offer a counterargument, or gtfo.
    Easy:

Portrait of an ISTP - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
    (Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Sensing)

The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone. ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.
    Practically a character sheet for Michael.

Stereotypical ISTP.