• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by Face (or appearance)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both MBTI and Enneagram types are fair game here:

1907613_278855905607662_4919625808098271910_n.jpg

Vs.

543731_596914090320775_2107751720_n.jpg

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP 9w1 sp/so and ISTP 6w5 sp/sx.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have much else, do I?

That's what I wanted.

I agree with ISFP for the first. The second picture is classic SJ in appearance. What do you think?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's what I wanted.

I agree with ISFP for the first. The second picture is classic SJ in appearance. What do you think?
ISTJ would be my second guess.

EDIT: Changed my mind. ISTP > ESTJ > ISTJ.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a known ISTP for comparison:

harrison-ford.jpg
Well, it's the vibe I get. It's a completely arbitrary impression. I'm not seriously attempting to determine his type by his appearance. It just means my mental image of an ISTP is something like the picture you posted.

Alea_iacta_est

First person seems Fi-valuing with the telling "in-pain" face (called such because it looks like they are in pain, not because they are actually in pain).

If I were to take a guess, ISFj. (Let's isolate VI to its origination)

I have no idea for the second person. (EDIT: though my base instinct tells me ISTj, or at least Ni-valuing in some fashion)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's the vibe I get. It's a completely arbitrary impression. I'm not seriously attempting to determine his type by his appearance. It just means my mental image of an ISTP is something like the picture you posted.

If you have a mental image for comparison then at least it's not completely arbitrary. It's an archetypal impression drawn from several real examples.

It's like being shown a breed of dog or cat that you've never seen before, your mind automatically compels you to deem it a dog or cat because you've seen so many examples of both of them from different species.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you have a mental image for comparison then at least it's not completely arbitrary. It's an archetypal impression drawn from several real examples.

It's like being shown a breed of dog or cat that you've never seen before, your mind automatically compels you to deem it a dog or cat because you've seen so many examples of both of them from different species.
Perhaps. But I don't think my mental image is based on real examples. The archetypical ISTP is usually described as a mechanic or something similar, and that's the association I made looking at the picture.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First person seems Fi-valuing with the telling "in-pain" face (called such because it looks like they are in pain, not because they are actually in pain).

If I were to take a guess, ISFj. (Let's isolate VI to its origination)

I have no idea for the second person. (EDIT: though my base instinct tells me ISTj, or at least Ni-valuing in some fashion)

If you mean ISFP (which is kind of identical with ISFj in that "other" typology), then I agree. However, I don't know where VI originated. I know there were practitioners of Enneagram VI over 20 years ago.

But you only explained Fi. How do you explain SP (or Se)?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps. But I don't think my mental image is based on real examples. The archetypical ISTP is usually described as a mechanic or something similar, and that's the association I made looking at the picture.

Then it's based on real examples of mechanics, not all of whom are ISTPs.

Alea_iacta_est

If you mean ISFP (which is kind of identical with ISFj in that "other" typology), then I agree. However, I don't know where VI originated. I know there were practitioners of Enneagram VI over 20 years ago.

But you only explained Fi. How do you explain SP (or Se)?

The Fi was easy to recognize but I can't point to any exact quantitative data that suggests S over N, so I went with what I felt was appropriate (a hunch, if you will).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Fi was easy to recognize but I can't point to any exact quantitative data that suggests S over N, so I went with what I felt was appropriate (a hunch, if you will).

Would you agree that Intuitives see themselves as deep, and that Sensors see themselves as practical?

Alea_iacta_est

Would you agree that Intuitives see themselves as deep, and that Sensors see themselves as practical?

I'd actually put forth that deep vs practical would be more along the lines of Fi vs Te and Ni vs Se rather than the entire function attitude of N or S.

How individuals might view themselves based on certain functions:

Practical: Te and Se
Deep: Fi and Ni
Structured (or Rational): Ti and Si
Open-minded: Ne and Fe (it's a stretch for the last one, though emotionally they would be rather open-minded)

This of course assumes that there would be perfect symmetry in these categories.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd actually put forth that deep vs practical would be more along the lines of Fi vs Te and Ni vs Se rather than the entire function attitude of N or S.

I can see your point there, especially Ni vs. Se.

If the sad-faced gentleman is Fi-dom, then is he Se or Ne aux?

Alea_iacta_est

I can see your point there, especially Ni vs. Se.

If the sad-faced gentleman is Fi-dom, then is he Se or Ne aux?

Well, staying strictly with VI, it would be safe to analyze the individual's eyes (from some source I don't remember, perception functions show themselves in the way the eyes act, who would have guessed?).

Penetrating, glazed eyes -> Ni
Child-like, twinkling eyes -> Ne
Intense eyes, wider open -> Se
Soft, calm eyes -> Si

I guess the individual would be more Se due to the way his eyes seem to be more intense than child-like (which is really based on the fact that his eyes don't look like the "naive" eyes of the Ne types at all, I really don't see any intensity).

I'm not a VI expert, let alone good at it, so it is merely an amateur analysis.