• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by Face (or appearance)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Type me (and then maybe tell me your process on doing so please)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Type me (and then maybe tell me your process on doing so please)

Your head on stone cold eyes says to me that you are most definitely an Sx dominant type, but there's something disarming in your smile that suggests So, so Sx/So is most certainly your correct type. You seem like the type of person who makes other people work to gain her trust, but you also have a side to you that makes it easy for people to approach you at the same time. It is very difficult what MBTI typing you are through just these photos alone, but there's something Gamma quadra to your face for some reason.

Just my two cents, I might be off the mark completely. You have the prettiest brown eyes on this forum, too. :wubbie:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your head on stone cold eyes says to me that you are most definitely an Sx dominant type, but there's something disarming in your smile that suggests So, so Sx/So is most certainly your correct type. You seem like the type of person who makes other people work to gain her trust, but you also have a side to you that makes it easy for people to approach you at the same time. It is very difficult what MBTI typing you are through just these photos alone, but there's something Gamma quadra to your face for some reason.

Just my two cents, I might be off the mark completely. You have the prettiest brown eyes on this forum, too. :wubbie:

Aww, thanks Nori. What other kind of photos do you need? Also me as a gamma? No way!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww, thanks Nori. What other kind of photos do you need? Also me as a gamma? No way!

I think I need to see your 'type me' video one more time so that I can see your features in movement, y'know? :unsure:
I don't see you as Alpha so far from these three photos, Beta might be the top choice for me if nothing else, but that's my biggest guess at this time. :shrug:

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phrenology was once popular and believed in typing people by the shape of their head. It is now considered a superstition, and today we measure personality with Psychometrics.

And just as phrenology was once popular, mbti today is popular, but both are superstitions based on fantasy and not on evidence and reason.

We do though cling onto our fantasies as though our life depended on it, and when our life did depend on the unconditional love of our parents, we had to repress any failure on their part, and compensate with the fantasy of their complete unconditional love.

So as babies and small children, as far as we were concerned, our life did depend on our fantasies.

Of course these are unexamined fantasies, and we take them with us unchanged into adulthood. So we cling to our fantasies just as a baby clings to their mother, just as we cling to mbti.

And we also import a heavy load of narcissism from American culture as a strategy of survival, to gain meaning, to substitute for the lack of meaning by fantasy in a highly competition based neoliberal economy. If we didn't have these fantasies, we'd be more objective but at the same time too nihilistic to bother with survival. Hence, the new meaning in the 21st century is "introversion," the narcissistic display of having a meaning, at all; having found an identity, something unchanging, central within by turning one's gaze inside, retreating from the competition, the meaning of which is conspicuously worn off by now. And then with the quickfix tools that substitute for real self-contemplation, and distract from real life action, we define a seemingly more palpable identity, goal, teleology in our covert frantic search against complete alienation, against the schism in our selves, thus for ourselves behind the compulsory social masquerade; then, for meaningful allies, others, who, between two moments of social connivance, pulled aside, can validate our apathy and fatigue, can reassure our suffering and disillusionment in a world where complaining is the taboo of failure. Typology is but a recuperation of the social revolution that's been waiting to happen for two centuries.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not typing by face but typing by the image of a face, that is, typing by picture, typing by selfies.

What is striking is that the image of a face is almost perfect for hiding the psyche. In fact it is almost impossible to make an image of the psyche with a camera. If discovering our psyche were as easy as taking a picture, there would be no need for psychology, the study of the psyche.

But we take pictures of ourselves because it is cheap and easy, and hey, everyone does it, so why not us?

And we are so cheap we believe we can tell the personality type from an image.

Good to encounter someone who at least uses their head in this virtual "place." No, it's not about typing, it's more like an expectation of reaffirming social identity. The "I exist; tell me that I do actually exist." "I have a type; I have a significance, I am someone, I'm worth a dime, I am worth to become a node in this interconnected web of social capital; I do typology, therefore I socially exist; I'm into others telling my type, therefore asking for it is a speech act to entrance me, make me belong into this social sphere." It doesn't matter what type they have, as long as it stays a pupa, uncocooned, not revealing more beyond their social façade and is in shallow concord with what their waking personality, persona fathoms its deeper layers to be.