• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dostoyevsky's novel: Demons (aka The Possessed)

Nikolai's type?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

yeghor

Anyone that identify with Nikolai Vsevolodovich Stavrogin?

What type do you think he was?

What do you think of the types of other characters in the novel...?

And do you also get confused deep into the novel who was who with all the different names the Russians use when referring to the same person (like the characters' child name, formal name, informal name etc...)?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've not read it, but I've read Crime and Punishment, Notes From Underground, White Nights and half of The Idiot, and I can agree that, yes, he is confusing with the names. I've seen people joking about it too. All I can say is that I identify with his writing and themes a lot. Is Demons good? I've been wanting to read most of his work but haven't bothered with that one.

yeghor

I've not read it, but I've read Crime and Punishment, Notes From Underground, White Nights and half of The Idiot, and I can agree that, yes, he is confusing with the names. I've seen people joking about it too. All I can say is that I identify with his writing and themes a lot. Is Demons good? I've been wanting to read most of his work but haven't bothered with that one.

I think it must have been groundbreaking for its time but it felt just like another novel to me tbh...There's a chapter called "at Tikhon's" which wasn't published till later editions though that I found interesting...

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think it must have been groundbreaking for its time but it felt just like another novel to me tbh...There's a chapter called "at Tikhon's" which wasn't published till later editions though that I found interesting...
I might as well read it eventually, not really like I have anything better to read. I think it's hard to find good books. I like psychological and brooding realism, with charming characters and I don't mind a political/religious twist. Sounds easy enough to find by other authors. It isn't.