User Tag List

MBTI
    WILD

Default Only lovers left alive

I've just watched this movie, and the relationship between the two main characters Eve (wonderful Tilda Swinton) and Adam stroke me as a typical NF relationship.

Although she's definitely Fe (more "conformist", adaptable, warm, demonstrative etc), he's some kind of a depressed Infp, very strong Fi, stuck in his misanthropic feelings, his despair about humanity ruining everything and destroying geniuses by ignorance, and very reclusive...
    She balances his negativity with her optimism, choosing to concentrate on the noble values, beauty of art, enjoying the moment...

I'd say Eve's an ENFJ (moreover, infp-enfj appears to be the ultimate romantic match) but I'm not really sure...
    Her sister is a classic Esfp (no offense but not interesting to develop here lol) and I don't know for Marlowe.
    What's your guess ?

Anyway it's a great movie, Jarmusch at his best for sure

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    I've just watched this movie, and the relationship between the two main characters Eve (wonderful Tilda Swinton) and Adam stroke me as a typical NF relationship.

Although she's definitely Fe (more "conformist", adaptable, warm, demonstrative etc), he's some kind of a depressed Infp, very strong Fi, stuck in his misanthropic feelings, his despair about humanity ruining everything and destroying geniuses by ignorance, and very reclusive...
    She balances his negativity with her optimism, choosing to concentrate on the noble values, beauty of art, enjoying the moment...

I'd say Eve's an ENFJ (moreover, infp-enfj appears to be the ultimate romantic match) but I'm not really sure...
    Her sister is a classic Esfp (no offense but not interesting to develop here lol) and I don't know for Marlowe.
    What's your guess ?

Anyway it's a great movie, Jarmusch at his best for sure

Too late, it's 2017.

But:

I think Eve is an INFJ and I agree with Adam as INFP. (I was just browsing to see if others think the same, and I found this.)

I also agree with Ava's (did I get her name right? The sister.) ESFP-ness.

Eve struck me as an I.

She likes being alone a little too much for an E. After all, the two, in spite being so much in love that are inseparable (fact stated explicitly by Marlowe) live alone in opposite parts of the globe. They both need a lot of personal space - typical for I.

I agree with her being a heavy Fe user.

I don't know what to say about Marlowe. I think he's an IN type, but, on the other hand, his wisdom and general N vibe may be at least partially due to the fact that he had been around for centuries; his I-ness because, as a vampire, he had to keep a low profile; he may just be really mature and rounded.

But yeah, most likely INxx. Maybe a very mature INTP? Or, as a second option, INFJ (he does have that strong artistic bend). I think he's more of a Fe-Ti than a Fi-Te, and he is that pleasant fatherly figure I've found some older xNTPs become, that's why I chose INTP first and INFJ second.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I saw this recently too and I'd agree with INFJ for Eve and INFP for Adam. His connection to old technology may be a symptom of Tertiary Si.

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Eve: Textbook INFJ.
    Adam: INxP.
    Eve's sister: ESFP.
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.