• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Only lovers left alive

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
I've just watched this movie, and the relationship between the two main characters Eve (wonderful Tilda Swinton) and Adam stroke me as a typical NF relationship.

Although she's definitely Fe (more "conformist", adaptable, warm, demonstrative etc), he's some kind of a depressed Infp, very strong Fi, stuck in his misanthropic feelings, his despair about humanity ruining everything and destroying geniuses by ignorance, and very reclusive...
She balances his negativity with her optimism, choosing to concentrate on the noble values, beauty of art, enjoying the moment...

I'd say Eve's an ENFJ (moreover, infp-enfj appears to be the ultimate romantic match) but I'm not really sure...
Her sister is a classic Esfp (no offense but not interesting to develop here lol) and I don't know for Marlowe.
What's your guess ?

Anyway it's a great movie, Jarmusch at his best for sure :)

iNdependent

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've just watched this movie, and the relationship between the two main characters Eve (wonderful Tilda Swinton) and Adam stroke me as a typical NF relationship.

Although she's definitely Fe (more "conformist", adaptable, warm, demonstrative etc), he's some kind of a depressed Infp, very strong Fi, stuck in his misanthropic feelings, his despair about humanity ruining everything and destroying geniuses by ignorance, and very reclusive...
She balances his negativity with her optimism, choosing to concentrate on the noble values, beauty of art, enjoying the moment...

I'd say Eve's an ENFJ (moreover, infp-enfj appears to be the ultimate romantic match) but I'm not really sure...
Her sister is a classic Esfp (no offense but not interesting to develop here lol) and I don't know for Marlowe.
What's your guess ?

Anyway it's a great movie, Jarmusch at his best for sure :)

Too late, it's 2017.

But:

I think Eve is an INFJ and I agree with Adam as INFP. (I was just browsing to see if others think the same, and I found this.)

I also agree with Ava's (did I get her name right? The sister.) ESFP-ness.

Eve struck me as an I.

She likes being alone a little too much for an E. After all, the two, in spite being so much in love that are inseparable (fact stated explicitly by Marlowe) live alone in opposite parts of the globe. They both need a lot of personal space - typical for I.

I agree with her being a heavy Fe user.

I don't know what to say about Marlowe. I think he's an IN type, but, on the other hand, his wisdom and general N vibe may be at least partially due to the fact that he had been around for centuries; his I-ness because, as a vampire, he had to keep a low profile; he may just be really mature and rounded.

But yeah, most likely INxx. Maybe a very mature INTP? Or, as a second option, INFJ (he does have that strong artistic bend). I think he's more of a Fe-Ti than a Fi-Te, and he is that pleasant fatherly figure I've found some older xNTPs become, that's why I chose INTP first and INFJ second.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I saw this recently too and I'd agree with INFJ for Eve and INFP for Adam. His connection to old technology may be a symptom of Tertiary Si.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eve: Textbook INFJ.
Adam: INxP.
Eve's sister: ESFP.