First 12

Thread: The West Wing

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Bartlet - ENFJ
    He seems so ENTJ to me. What makes you think Fe-dom?
    Toby - INTP (I can see INFP too)
    I could see either one, too. On the one hand, he seems like a Thinker, but on the other hand, I could see his (sometimes inconvenient) idealism as being a sign of Fi-dominance. (Unless he's an INTP 1, or something.) Josh, on the other hand, doesn't seem like he has Fi at all -- so opportunistic! -- so I definitely see him as some sort of ExTP charmer type. (7w6?)
    I've been finishing it up, and I'd have to disagree. I like the last two seasons even more (Santos' story). I heard bad things about the last seasons, but I think the first few seasons had an almost "serial" like quality to them. Like a monster of the week tv series, but with the White House. Bartlet's presidency has to be most eventful period in American history. The last two seasons are more focused on what a presidential run is like and has a better narrative.
    I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. The show also portrays Republicans a little bit more even-handedly later on, what with Alan Alda's character actually being sympathetic.

I still like the first two seasons best because of the banter and overall writing skill on the part of Sorkin -- I agree with @Z Buck McFate -- and also because I really disliked some of the plot twists later on. (e.g. Josh and the leak/the Idaho senator. Ugh.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right. The show also portrays Republicans a little bit more even-handedly later on, what with Alan Alda's character actually being sympathetic.
    Yeah, Alan Alda was cool. Funnily, that debate with Smits was the first time I saw the underlying wisdom behind Republican tax cuts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The romantz aspects were extra nice.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yeah, Alan Alda was cool. Funnily, that debate with Smits was the first time I saw the underlying wisdom behind Republican tax cuts.
    !

I loved Ainsley Hayes for that, too. When she kicks Sam's ass in that televised debate... man. One of my favorite moments of the show.

And speaking of Ainsley Hayes... ESTJ?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Jed Bartlet: ENFJ 1w9 (Definitely an nf, he's ridiculously idealistic for a president. Look at the way he reacted to Maurice's death in season 1. Leo was his thinker counterweight. Jed had a diplomatic style and a love for just about everyone in the country. The man bled fe. Almost all idealized politicians are ENFJ, at least when they're written by lefties like Aaron Sorkin)
    Leo McGarry: ISTJ 1w9 (He's more an administrator than a wonk. Stark contrast to...)
    Josh Lyman: ENTP 6w7 (The staff's main ideas man. Motivated more by loyalty than idealism. Definite sensing inferior.)
    Toby Zeigler: INTP 1w9 (Looks a bit like an INTJ, but I think he's just a grumpy INTP. Inferior fe explains the awkward idealism, and he was more a ti-ne gadfly than a ni-te visionary. I also see si rather than se.)
    Sam Seaborn: ENFP 1w2 (A clear fi user and 1. His job is to spew out idealistic, semi-poetic rhetorical fluff. And he actually seems to buy it. The 2 comes out in the relationship with Laurie)
    CJ Cregg: ENFJ 3w2 (Her job as press secretary does introduce a bias towards 3, but she really does seem to care most about protecting everyone's images, and is known as "a bit of a clothes horse". A fe-dom, she takes a diplomatic approach to the press. And her way of speaking suggests intuition)
    Mandy Hampton: ESTP 8w9 (An excessively competitive, temperamental, over confident loudmouth. Was not sorry to see her go)
    Charles Young: INTP 6w5 (His job as the president's nanny makes him look si, but he's clearly ti-ne (remember how he found the president's glasses without looking?)
    Dolores Landingham: ISTJ 1w9 (A dumber, female Leo)
    Donna Moss: ESFP 9w1 (Realistically, she'd be an awful secretary)
    Joey Lucas: ESTJ 5w6 (Hard to type, for obvious reasons)
    Percy Fitzwallace: ISTJ 6w5
    Will Bailey: ENFP 1w9 (A slightly less sappy Sam)
    Amy Gardener: ENTJ 8w9 (Could be an ENTP, and was probably intended to be a female Josh, but I think in making her a deliberate "strong feminist character" they inadvertently made her stand-offish, ambitious, ruthless, arrogant, and demanding enough to be a J.)
    Abigail Bartlet: ESTJ 3w4 (No cause for Intuition as far as I can see. And she was rather imperious - odd, given that she had no reason to be)
    Zoey Bartlet: ESFP 7w6
    Eleanor Bartlet: ISFJ 5w6
    Elizabeth Bartlet: INTJ 6w5
    John Hoynes: ENTJ 8w9
    Bob Russell: ESTP 3w4
    Bruno Gianelli: ISTP 9w8 (Ti for campaign strategy, Se for Campaign presentation. Inferior fe is clear.)
    Lou Thornton: ESTP 8w9
    Arnold Vinick: INTJ 1w9
    Matt Santos: ENFP 1w2
    Lionel Tribbey: Psycho ENFJ 1w2
    Oliver Babbish: ENTP 9w8
    Ainsley Hayes: ESFJ 3w2 (Had an empathetic style: "think about that, next time you make a joke about the south". And a staunchly conservative ESTJ would be very unlikely to take a job in a democratic white house)
    Last edited by Emotionalogic; 09-28-2013 at 11:01 PM.