• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your country's type

Calliope

Enneagram
9w1
Or any country whose type you think you know (since I imagine most of us come from a few of the same countries).
I'll go first
The U.S. to me is an ESTJ. Very much always wanting to be a leader, rather traditional (compared to European countries), in everyone's business, and values its beliefs very strongly.
Also would be interesting to list possible enneagrams.
Yes, I know countries are very complex but just go based off stereotypes and/or current world relations.

L

LadyLazarus

(current)U.S: ESFJ

(state)California:ENFP

(original)Mexico:ESFP

Last edited:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
USA is so ESXJ.

Japan is INFJ for sure.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
USA is so ESXJ.
Japan is INFJ for sure.

Japan is, at the least, some sort of xxTJ. very formal, efficiency oriented

United States in general: ES?J 3w2>6w5>1w2 So/Sp
United States traditionally: ESTJ 1w2>6w5>3w2 Sp/So (American History is soooo 1-ish. everything is about moral battles)

however, among my generation
women: ESFJ/ESTP 2w3>6w7>1w2 So/Sp
men: IS?P 9w8>6w5>?w? Sp/So

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Um, excuse my french, but why is Japan INFJ? Not disagreeing... just wondering what the reasoning would be.

Sorry: I posted this without knowing NADs and Elfboy posted. But I do know that Japan is cray cray with it's music at times and can be pretty out there... so Japan doesn't always display a business-like persona (so I get why Cafe didn't write xxTJ). I can definitely see the Se in there, though.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Japan is, at the least, some sort of xxTJ. very formal, efficiency oriented
well they are pretty INTJ as well, but FJ more I think because of the excessive emphasis on politeness, generosity, formality, value, aesthetics, etc. Also they are extremely spiritual and mystical. INTJ's can be this way, but China is way more XNTJ, to show the difference. China is super efficient, but doesn't care so much about politeness or hospitality or empathy. Japan is emotionally expressive and INTJ is not. INFJ with very strong Ti.
[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION]: In addition, Japan makes everything into an art form and emphasizes personal honor and dignity (and honor and dignity is extremely based on external valuation). I think this is consistent with INFJ as well. I because they are private and like quiet personalities, N because of abstract symbolism and Ni mysticism and intuition in general, Fe shows itself in the ways I've described above, and J because of strong work ethic, organization, efficiency, routine, formality, and ambition.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry: I posted this without knowing NADs and Elfboy posted. But I do know that Japan is cray cray with it's music at times and can be pretty out there... so Japan doesn't always display a business-like persona (so I get why Cafe didn't write xxTJ). I can definitely see the Se in there, though.

Yeah lots of Se. Aesthetics everywhere, and Japanese businessmen after working like slaves all go out with their boss and coworkers and drink lots of beer and sake and sing karaoke, then fall asleep on the subway at 3am. Inf. Se indulgence.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This seems to be taking the values associated with a particular type, and assigning them to a country. To the extent that it is possible to do this for the U.S.

Red America: ESxJ

Blue America: ESxP

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If such a thing has any meaning:

I'd say Blue America is ENFP.

Further notes on Japan since I luurve it so much:
Shinto: Ni
Bushido: Fe

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]
formality is more Fi/Te than Fe. Fe is warmer, more sociable, more inviting. just look at the facial expressions of your typical Japanese person. they're near expressionless and pride themselves in emotional restraint and (near excessive) self control

Shinto: Ni (you are correct here)

for Bushido, I will type each of the 8 Core Virtues:

Rectitude: Fi, 1
Courage: Se, Fi, Sexual 6
Benevolence: Fe, Se, Social 7
Respect: Fe, Fi (both are respectful for different reasons), 1
Honesty: Fi, Te, 1, 4
Honour: 1, 2, 6, Fe, Fi
Loyalty: Fe, Social 6
Self Control: Te, 1

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]
formality is more Fi/Te than Fe. Fe is warmer, more sociable, more inviting. just look at the facial expressions of your typical Japanese person. they're near expressionless and pride themselves in emotional restraint and (near excessive) self control

Shinto: Ni (you are correct here)

for Bushido, I will type each of the 8 Core Virtues:

Rectitude: Fi, 1
Courage: Se, Fi, Sexual 6
Benevolence: Fe, Se, Social 7
Respect: Fe, Fi (both are respectful for different reasons), 1
Honesty: Fi, Te, 1, 4
Honour: 1, 2, 6, Fe, Fi
Loyalty: Fe, Social 6
Self Control: Te, 1
Actually I see them as being extremely expressive in the face and when they talk. And they often smile when they talk to people as a formality of politeness. Maybe you haven't met many, but this is consistent through all my experience. I feel that they are sociable, warm, and inviting. Again, contrast it with the Chinese culture and you will see that the chinese are far more Te-Fi. Of course I think most countries will have an X somewhere. Self control even emotional control is consistent with INFJ; we tend to be control freaks and perfectionists in all areas.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
countries have no types. types have only humans
sincerely yours, captain Obvious

The U.S. to me is an ESTJ. Very much always wanting to be a leader, rather traditional (compared to European countries), in everyone's business, and values its beliefs very strongly.
lol. well... at least we know how people inside of USA see their country
just to mention that most people on Earth see USA as something between a bandit and a profligate

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems to be taking the values associated with a particular type, and assigning them to a country. To the extent that it is possible to do this for the U.S.

Very nice.