User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASMRtists

Default ASMRtists

Here is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to type some of the people who produce and publish ASMR videos on YouTube (or elsewhere).

Since the purpose of ASMR videos is to relax the viewer, I predict there will be few EPs among them.

First one:

Ginkgo

Ahhh so I tried multitasking with this on and her voice quietly nagged me into a quick headache. Better used if focused, apparently. I don't doubt its potency, for better or for worse.

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

What the hell is ASMR? This is sort of strange.

First Impression: ESFP

Only evidence I found to back up my impression:
    Pe dominance with amount of movement and animated face
    Ji - doesn't really exude Te, Fe, or Ti from what I can perceive, there is a bit of sympathetic/emotion underneath the Se front with word choice and the "control" over emotions (the "quiet rage" she mentioned)

This is me from like 2 minutes in by the way, so I'm not sure about the other 95% of the video.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Longtime ASMR person. A constant daily thing before sleep too.
    My favourite ones I'm subscribed to are:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgO...nhVrc9IEcSk1Nw
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2e...ByJBjE4CYXwNXQ
    I think both are INFJs

I really love the 3D ones.
    Here's a few of my favourite videos:

I'll post more after.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    What the hell is ASMR? This is sort of strange.

First Impression: ESFP

Only evidence I found to back up my impression:
    Pe dominance with amount of movement and animated face
    Ji - doesn't really exude Te, Fe, or Ti from what I can perceive, there is a bit of sympathetic/emotion underneath the Se front with word choice and the "control" over emotions (the "quiet rage" she mentioned)

This is me from like 2 minutes in by the way, so I'm not sure about the other 95% of the video.
    Interesting. I think she is actually pretty much the opposite: INFJ. She acts a lot to make it 'professional'. Here is an older video.

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    I am not surprised you enjoy ASMR videos. These two are not among my favorites, though.

I like GentleWhispering (ESFP), ASMR Reqquests (see above), ASMRanthony (ISFP; I am in love with his eyes), MRmeridian (ISFJ), StevenASMR (Ixxx).

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Interesting. I think she is actually pretty much the opposite: INFJ. She acts a lot to make it 'professional'. Here is an older video.
    I could see Fe-valuing, but I think that is because of the setting of the video (quiet, comfortable atmosphere). I don't think she is an intuitive, and if so, is probably not an Ni-user; I pick up particularly on Pe dominance, justifying Ji in the main persona and leaving Je and Pi in the subordinate persona. Pi dominant users tend to snap into a deep stare when talking to something or to someone, but that is simply just an impression.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ

I like GentleWhispering (ESFP)
    INFP

I like GentleWhispering (ESFP)
    She's my favourite ASMRtist (that term makes me cringe slightly, but it's succinct and clever, so I have learned to accept it). She's very relaxing and just seems like a very nice lady. I agree with your ESFP typing. I don't see any Ne (in response to Sol's suggestion of her being INFP), but she might be a Fi-dom. To me though, she has inferior N written all over her. In her case, it manifests itself in weird, new-age garbage beliefs. Sub-Oprah level philosophy. Her strength definitely lies in the sensory/material realm. She's all about the lip gloss, and charms, and shoes, and anti-aging creams and all that junk. Not saying that INFP's are never into that...but it seems like she's more obsessed with that stuff than a lot of INFP's I know.

ASMRequests could easily be an N. Her videos are very conceptual, and she has this weird Nish sense of humour that crops up every now and then. I don't find her as relaxing as other ASMRtists, but I really like her, and she has very novel ideas for videos. Phrenology exams, Dystopian Space Adventures, A Bob Ross video, etc. She also has very weird characters in her videos, like Salmon, and how she plays her Tooth Fairy as this hapless smoker with a long-island accent. She's more about exploring the possibilities of her videos, and sometimes overlooks the main point of her videos: which is to relax people. I could buy INFJ, but I could see her as an ENTP/ENFP even. A lot of her characters have that humorous rambling style of a Ne-dom. It's hard to get to know someone fully through videos though.

TheWaterWhispersIlsa (or whatever her name is) strikes me as very ISFJ. She's very community focussed and low-key. She's always talking about the good of the ASMR community and making sure it looks "normal" to the uninitiated. She just seems very grounded to me, not as flighty as some ASMRtists. I don't watch her that much though, so I might be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    She's my favourite ASMRtist (that term makes me cringe slightly, but it's succinct and clever, so I have learned to accept it). She's very relaxing and just seems like a very nice lady. I agree with your ESFP typing. I don't see any Ne (in response to Sol's suggestion of her being INFP), but she might be a Fi-dom. To me though, she has inferior N written all over her. In her case, it manifests itself in weird, new-age garbage beliefs. Sub-Oprah level philosophy. Her strength definitely lies in the sensory/material realm. She's all about the lip gloss, and charms, and shoes, and anti-aging creams and all that junk. Not saying that INFP's are never into that...but it seems like she's more obsessed with that stuff than a lot of INFP's I know.

ASMRequests could easily be an N. Her videos are very conceptual, and she has this weird Nish sense of humour that crops up every now and then. I don't find her as relaxing as other ASMRtists, but I really like her, and she has very novel ideas for videos. Phrenology exams, Dystopian Space Adventures, A Bob Ross video, etc. She also has very weird characters in her videos, like Salmon, and how she plays her Tooth Fairy as this hapless smoker with a long-island accent. She's more about exploring the possibilities of her videos, and sometimes overlooks the main point of her videos: which is to relax people. I could buy INFJ, but I could see her as an ENTP/ENFP even. A lot of her characters have that humorous rambling style of a Ne-dom. It's hard to get to know someone fully through videos though.

TheWaterWhispersIlsa (or whatever her name is) strikes me as very ISFJ. She's very community focussed and low-key. She's always talking about the good of the ASMR community and making sure it looks "normal" to the uninitiated. She just seems very grounded to me, not as flighty as some ASMRtists. I don't watch her that much though, so I might be way off.
    I agree, even about the cringeworthy term.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast