User Tag List

First 123

Stansmith

I'd say he seems too articulate/comfortable talking about his personal vision in detail to be ESTP...and too detached/technical when speaking about his process to be EFP. He almost seems to approach making a film as if it were an amusing experiment/mix-and-matching of genres, as opposed to something of true personal resonance; he simply portrays a story and any moral/ethical message you could take from it is either incidental, or there for the sake of genre convention.

Take Inglorious Basterds for example; rather than expand on the story of the young Jewish woman living in Nazi-occupied France who had her family murdered earlier in the film, Tarantino chose to spend most of the plot following The Basterds and their 'badass' antics, conveniently throwing the Jewish girl in towards the end of the film - gun in hand, preparing to blow up a theater full of Germans as she gives her poorly developed male love interest a passionate kiss on the mouth.

While I enjoy his films for what they are, they don't seem like something that would be made by someone with a genuine feeling preference..at least not with that level of consistency over the course of a 20 year career.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I'd say he seems too articulate/comfortable talking about his personal vision in detail to be ESTP...and too detached/technical when speaking about his process to be EFP. He almost seems to approach making a film as if it were an amusing experiment/mix-and-matching of genres, as opposed to something of true personal resonance; he simply portrays a story and any moral/ethical message you could take from it is either incidental, or there for the sake of genre convention.

Take Inglorious Basterds for example; rather than expand on the story of the young Jewish woman living in Nazi-occupied France who had her family murdered earlier in the film, Tarantino chose to spend most of the plot following The Basterds and their 'badass' antics, conveniently throwing the Jewish girl in towards the end of the film - gun in hand, preparing to blow up a theater full of Germans as she gives her poorly developed male love interest a passionate kiss on the mouth.

While I enjoy his films for what they are, they don't seem like something that would be made by someone with a genuine feeling preference..at least not with that level of consistency over the course of a 20 year career.
    Exactly. His style of film making seems to be just taking things that he thinks would be cool and sort of haphazardly cut-and-pasting them together into a movie. It reminds me of a Mamet essay about plot comedy vs pretext comedy.

I know Te. Tarantino doesn't have much as far as I can tell. If you want Te film making, Michael Mann is the best example I can think of.

Michael Mann treats actions scenes the same way he treats dramatic scenes. For him violence is just another element of the drama, and therefor it has to be the logical result of the plot up to that point, and it has to propel the plot forward.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    ENTP
    NO IM NOT.

Imma ISTJ.

Introvert because when I want to go bafroom, I wanna be alone. Onlee Intrvert wanna ever be lone.

Sensing bekuz I have eyes that look around and sea things in teh room. Onle e Sensrs.

Tinking bekuz once I saw a fcking cute buny and didnt stop 2 pet it. A feelr woodve stopped 2 pet ti

Juging becuz I get outta bed evry morning instead of sleepin in.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, his working and directing style is far more play than work; for him, structure would be too restrictive, he's about energy thrown at things to see what happens (EP).
    Even in the case that he was choleric (though, frankly, he seems more sanguine), I'd have to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    NO IM NOT.

Imma ISTJ.

Introvert because when I want to go bafroom, I wanna be alone. Onlee Intrvert wanna ever be lone.

Sensing bekuz I have eyes that look around and sea things in teh room. Onle e Sensrs.

Tinking bekuz once I saw a fcking cute buny and didnt stop 2 pet it. A feelr woodve stopped 2 pet ti

Juging becuz I get outta bed evry morning instead of sleepin in.
    Okay. We get it. You're bored and you don't necessarily agree with the ideas being pushed here. But the histrionics aren't necessary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Even in the case that he was choleric (though, frankly, he seems more sanguine), I'd have to agree with this.

Okay. We get it. You're bored and you don't necessarily agree with the ideas being pushed here. But the histrionics aren't necessary.
    No, that was actually funny. It resembles half of the arguments in any typing thread.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

ENTJ as hell. Have you ever seen an interview with this guy?! He acts like some fat cat CEO just walked in the room.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP