• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cowboy bebop and Lupin the third characters

R

Riva

lol @ type

Finally, someone I can relate to.

Heh he

I believe Spike Spiegel is an ISTP 9w8. Not sure about the instinctual variant though.

Spike is the person in my avatar (incase you haven't watched animes).

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Heh he

I believe Spike Spiegel is an ISTP 9w8. Not sure about the instinctual variant though.

I am aware. Nice choice, aesthetically pleasing.

I agree on his type, as well.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh he

7w8 imo (probably Sx/Sp)

R

Riva

7w8 imo (probably Sx/Sp)

Spike is a classic 9w8. Lupin the third is a 7w8. Compare those two and you'd see the difference.

Both have strong w8s but Spike is a classic comfort seeker who is extremely easy going upto a level of being lazy at most times which is more 9w8>7w8 (most of what he does during the day is lay on the couch). He becomes extremely aggressive when in confrontations and is extremely driven on occasions to achieve his self-interest which implies his w8.

Lupin is also extremely easygoing but the difference is he is energetic. 7w8s are extremely energetic and one of the best ways to notice the difference between a 7w8 and a 9w8 is that. And Lupic has a 7w8 playful personality whereas Spike has a relaxed smooth personality which is more of a 9w8 trait than a 7w8 one.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spike is a classic 9w8. Lupin the third is a 7w8. Compare those two and you'd see the difference.

Both have strong w8s but Spike is a classic comfort seeker who is extremely easy going upto a level of being lazy at most times which is more 9w8>7w8 (most of what he does during the day is lay on the couch). He becomes extremely aggressive when in confrontations and is extremely driven on occasions to achieve his self-interest which implies his w8.

Lupin is also extremely easygoing but the difference is he is energetic. 7w8s are extremely energetic and one of the best ways to notice the difference between a 7w8 and a 9w8 is that. And Lupic has a 7w8 playful personality whereas Spike has a relaxed smooth personality which is more of a 9w8 trait than a 7w8 one.

based on this, I'm a 9w8 :alttongue:
I see your point though, I'll watch more of the series (apparently it's pretty short)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You should start a thread for Bebop! :happy2: (I agree for his type)

Faye was my favorite character in that show but her type always confused me.

R

Riva

Haha yes.

I wonder whether [MENTION=19862]ALL-HAIL-ME[/MENTION] will be alright with changing the name of this thread to 'cowboy bebop characters' which i feel like the right thing to do because most posts here are about cowboy bebop?

Either that or i request that a madmin moves the spike spiegel posts (3rd post onwards) to a new thread and name it cowboy bebop characters thread.

Summons [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION]. :worship:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was about to merge this thread with the old House of Cards thread, then saw none of the replies concerned HoC, and didn't understand what they did refer to, since I'm unfamiliar with Spike Spiegel, cowboy bebop, et. al.

So, someone start a new thread on the cowboy topic, and I'll move relevant posts there, then merge the OP with the old thread, to bump it for visibility.

R

Riva

I was about to merge this thread with the old House of Cards thread, then saw none of the replies concerned HoC, and didn't understand what they did refer to, since I'm unfamiliar with Spike Spiegel, cowboy bebop, et. al.

So, someone start a new thread on the cowboy topic, and I'll move relevant posts there, then merge the OP with the old thread, to bump it for visibility.

Done and thanks in advance.

wolfy

awsm

I saw Faye as estp somewhere. If I remember right.

Speaking of Lupin, what is Jigen's type? istp?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, I'm a little foggy on the anime since I haven't seen it in a while but I'll give it a shot.

Spike Spiegel: ISTP 9w8 sp/sx
Jet Black: ESTJ 8w9 sp/so? (hmm, I can't remember much about him either)
Faye Valentine: she confuses me the most - but for what it's worth her whole storyline seems kinda 4w3ish
Radical Edward: ESFP 7w6 sx/so

R

Riva

I saw Faye as estp somewhere. If I remember right.

Speaking of Lupin, what is Jigen's type? istp?

See i changed the title for you.

Faye i believe is an estp though on her times of extreme emotions she displays enfp character traits. If i am not overanalysing she is an estp 7w8. If i am overanalysing she was an enfp who became an estp 7w8 as a coping mechanism to deal with her past trauma and the feeling of being awaken in an era where all her loved ones have passed away. If course i could be very very wrong here ;).

Regarding her enneagram type in her present estp self it is a bit confusing because she is extremely aggressive and has a counterphobic 6w7 touch to her. But she is clearly a 7w8. So maybe she is an sx/so?

Jigen is a istj it hurts. However i am unable to type his etype properly. I find it very hard to type the etype of istjs unless one is a e1.

Compare jigen with lupin. Jigen is rather pessimistic and has tert fi always influencing him (fi based value system) although he maintains a rather unemotional poker faced expressions at most times which implies itj (i believe i'd have to elaborate further).

Lupin is a istp 7w8 (especially his original character in the mangas and the series 'a woman named fujiko mine'. Comparing his personality with jigen: he is always positive, easy going, has no fi at all (no apparent value system), always have ulterior motives (tert or inferior Fe) and has animated facial expressions. Of course animated facial expressions when excited is not indicative of any type but his are extremely different from an itj.

I will most likely receive opposition regarding my istp typing for him. I see that most people type him as an entp - without backing them up -. This is probably due to his ridiculously long grand schemes which are stereotypically thought to be ntj>ntp and a few other factors such as his extroverted nature and his Pe based characteristic traits (which is also probably why people believe he is entp>entj).

However his ridiculously long grand schemes are actually quite ridiculous and unrealisitc (believe me even entps or probably entjs aren't that clever and if so al of them would be millionaires overnight) and his extroversion is due to him being a 7w8 which is known to be the most extroverted type. And yes istp 7w8s do exist.

In defense of his entp typers his character changed from season to season and i am typing him based on his original character traits and his depiction in the series 'a woman named fujiko mine' which is a much darker character who clearly uses Se based persuasive tactics than Ne based idea bouncing off the wall. In some of the seasons he is a much mellow, less manipulative/persuasive character who is a goofball which would imply that he is not entirely istp 7w8 at all times.

R

Riva

Okay, I'm a little foggy on the anime since I haven't seen it in a while but I'll give it a shot.

Spike Spiegel: ISTP 9w8 sp/sx
Jet Black: ESTJ 8w9 sp/so? (hmm, I can't remember much about him either)
Faye Valentine: she confuses me the most - but for what it's worth her whole storyline seems kinda 4w3ish
Radical Edward: ESFP 7w6 sx/so

Jet black is clearly an ej. I am not competent enough (cant remember him much) to type more of him. You are probably right though. He kinda also seem to have a e2 caring side to him. Coukd be his tritype.

Ed not sure. Kinda off her head. 7w6 i can see but why not entp?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
all I remember is
Spike: ISTP 7w8 or 9w8>3w4 Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx (actually, I'm gonna go with Sp/Sx thinking about it more)
Faye: ES?P 7w8>4w3>8w7 Sx/??

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jet black is clearly an ej. I am not competent enough (cant remember him much) to type more of him. You are probably right though. He kinda also seem to have a e2 caring side to him. Coukd be his tritype.

Ed not sure. Kinda off her head. 7w6 i can see but why not entp?

825 for Jet then? :thinking: Not sure about his head type but I think 5 sounds right.

And honestly the only thing I'm sure about for Ed is EP. :shrug:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spike Spiegel - ISTP 9w8
Jet Black - ISTJ 6w5
Faye Valentine - very much ESTP 7w8
Edward - ENTP 7w6
Vicious - INTJ 8w9
Julia - seems ISFP

Spike and Jet provide a good STP/STJ contrast.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Double post

Last edited:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spike - ISTP 8w9 sp/sx. Really fascinating character. One of my favorite fictional people ever.
Jet - ISTJ 6w5
Faye - ESTP

Edward - ENFP 7w6
Vicious - INTJ 3w4?
Julia - Hard to tell because she's more of a symbol than a well-developed character. IStJ or ISfP maybe