Thread: House of Cards

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default House of Cards

Any thoughts on their types? I just finished the first season... loved it. So far, I think:

Francis: ENFJ
    Claire: INTJ
    Doug Stamper: Not sure... Ne/Si or Si/Ne... ISTJ or INTP?
    Zoe: ISTP, could be INTP though
    Russo: ESFP, possibly ESTP
    Adam Galloway: ISFP, of course :P
    Linda: ENTJ...? INTJ? Not sure
    Gillian Cole: Seems pretty Fi. xNFP, maybe
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Any thoughts on their types? I just finished the first season... loved it. So far, I think:

No idea on types, but Francis is my spirit animal.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm thinking dual ENJs on Francis and his wife.

I actually think he might be an ENFJ, and she an ENTJ.

I guess she could be an introvert, but, if she is, it's not pronounced.

Riva

@StephMC and @Zarathustra

Francis is a entj not an enfj. His world view is clearly Te and he has an ends justifies the means attitude to almost everything. He manipulates a lot which is probably why you are guessing enfj but his manipulations are classic bargaining chips sort of manipulations (which are theoretically Te) than emotional trust based manipulations (which are commonly attributed to Fe). He is an entj it hurts. Probably an 8w7 too.

Claire is hard. She screams introvert from a distance but she could be an extroverted 3w4. I'm not familiar with etypes but i'm willing to bet 3w4 sp/so for her. And for her mbti type (don't confuse this with francis's description) to be ntj.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @StephMC and @Zarathustra

Francis is a entj not an enfj. His world view is clearly Te and he has an ends justifies the means attitude to almost everything. He manipulates a lot which is probably why you are guessing enfj but his manipulations are classic bargaining chips sort of manipulations (which are theoretically Te) than emotional trust based manipulations (which are commonly attributed to Fe). He is an entj it hurts. Probably an 8w7 too.

Claire is hard. She screams introvert from a distance but she could be an extroverted 3w4. I'm not familiar with etypes but i'm willing to bet 3w4 sp/so for her. And for her mbti type (don't confuse this with francis's description) to be ntj.
    I'm not 100% set on ENFJ -- in fact, I really believed him to be ENTJ at first too. But as the series progressed, my view of him started to change. But (referring to the bolded comment), he definitely uses emotional manipulation. Fear and intimidation was a go-to tactic. He totally deals in trust, guilt, embarrassment, and other emotional based currencies. I believe Te bargaining would be more objective, like using money or favors. Granted, Frank did a little of both. But I think the bulk of his manipulation was emotional. It's especially apparent when he interacts with other Te characters, like Marty and Remy. When he tries to use emotion based manipulation. Their responses are often things like, "Frank, cut the shit" -- they only care about Te incentives, such as money.

Also, a lot of his quotes sounded more Fe than Te:

"After all, we are nothing more or less than what we choose to reveal. What I am to Claire is not what I am to Zoe, just as Zoe is not to me what she is to her father."

Granted, that's just one quote, but it sounds more focused on social roles, no? And also, I saw a lot of inferior Ti. I don't know quite how to explain it, but there were little hints of it here and there. Like how he liked to unwind: playing video games or playing chess by himself. I've noticed ExFJ's inferior Ti typically likes those types of games. Strangely enough (and I know this isn't really a strong point), but the only two people I've ever seen play chess by themselves is my ESFJ mother and ENFJ brother.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Zoe is ISTP if only for the fact I think her lines before she says them. Love the show and I think you're spot on. I see Francis as ENTJ tho. Russo is hard to pinpoint because of his addiction.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Zoe is ISTP if only for the fact I think her lines before she says them.
    Haha... yes! That was my experience as well :P

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm not 100% set on ENFJ -- in fact, I really believed him to be ENTJ at first too. But as the series progressed, my view of him started to change. But (referring to the bolded comment), he definitely uses emotional manipulation. Fear and intimidation was a go-to tactic. He totally deals in trust, guilt, embarrassment, and other emotional based currencies. I believe Te bargaining would be more objective, like using money or favors. Granted, Frank did a little of both. But I think the bulk of his manipulation was emotional. It's especially apparent when he interacts with other Te characters, like Marty and Remy. When he tries to use emotion based manipulation. Their responses are often things like, "Frank, cut the shit" -- they only care about Te incentives, such as money.

Also, a lot of his quotes sounded more Fe than Te:

"After all, we are nothing more or less than what we choose to reveal. What I am to Claire is not what I am to Zoe, just as Zoe is not to me what she is to her father."

Granted, that's just one quote, but it sounds more focused on social roles, no? And also, I saw a lot of inferior Ti. I don't know quite how to explain it, but there were little hints of it here and there. Like how he liked to unwind: playing video games or playing chess by himself. I've noticed ExFJ's inferior Ti typically likes those types of games. Strangely enough (and I know this isn't really a strong point), but the only two people I've ever seen play chess by themselves is my ESFJ mother and ENFJ brother.

I honestly see him as more Ti-Fe than Fe-Ti. I definitely can't see him as Te-Fi. Call me crazy, but I think he's an ENTP that just knows how to play the political game. I see him as pretty balanced on P and J, but he seems to lean more P in my eyes. I think he just seems J to most people because he has a job typically held by Js and he knows how to blend in and work the system. He has very, very developed Fe, but Ti seems to be what he runs on instinctively. The way he made connections and saw possibilities in his head in mere seconds seemed to be much more natural to him that his Fe. He just had a lot of little ticks that looked ENTP to me, as well.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Netflix's HOUSE OF CARDS

This show is awesome.

They have a thread over on Tv and Entertainment, but it's so dead.

What do you think Frank's type is? I've seen ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, and ENTP.

I've gotta go with ENTP. I know most would say J, but he seems pretty balanced to me, with a preference towards P. I think he just seems J to most people because he has a job typically held by Js and he knows how to blend in and work the system. He has very, very developed Fe, but Ti seems to be what he runs on instinctively. The way he made connections and saw possibilities in his head in mere seconds seemed to be much more natural to him that his Fe. Because of this, ENTJ is totally out of the question for me. He also just had a lot of little ticks that looked ENTP to me. Not to mention the way in which he broke the fourth wall felt very Ferris Bueller esque.

Is breaking the fourth wall an ENTP thing? Ferris Bueller, Marvel's Deadpool, the creep from Funny Games, and now possibly Frank would make it appear so.

Also his wife is a total xNTJ. She's a joy to watch lol

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I agree with you. Frank is an ENTP and Claire is possibly an INTJ. Could you see her as an INFJ?
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.