User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: House of Cards

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I agree with you. Frank is an ENTP and Claire is possibly an INTJ. Could you see her as an INFJ?

Glad someone does! Heck, even when disregarding type theory, I see him as ENTP based solely on his snark and his sense of humor. Not sure if it's just the character, or the fact that Spacey seems to be an xNTP in real life.

I could see her as one, for sure. To be honest, I'm not that great with typing female characters when it comes to T/F. The only thing about her I'm totally sure about is xNxJ. I could see her as anything based around that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think, based on how she works in her non-profit organization, I can see Te. Maybe that's why she works so well with Frank in his schemes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default House of Cards

What are the types of Netflix's House of Cards characters?
    Frank Underwood
    Claire Underwood
    Zoe Barnes
    Peter Russo
    Doug Stamper
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Thanks!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm not 100% set on ENFJ -- in fact, I really believed him to be ENTJ at first too. But as the series progressed, my view of him started to change. But (referring to the bolded comment), he definitely uses emotional manipulation. Fear and intimidation was a go-to tactic. He totally deals in trust, guilt, embarrassment, and other emotional based currencies. I believe Te bargaining would be more objective, like using money or favors. Granted, Frank did a little of both. But I think the bulk of his manipulation was emotional. It's especially apparent when he interacts with other Te characters, like Marty and Remy. When he tries to use emotion based manipulation. Their responses are often things like, "Frank, cut the shit" -- they only care about Te incentives, such as money.

Also, a lot of his quotes sounded more Fe than Te:

"After all, we are nothing more or less than what we choose to reveal. What I am to Claire is not what I am to Zoe, just as Zoe is not to me what she is to her father."

Granted, that's just one quote, but it sounds more focused on social roles, no? And also, I saw a lot of inferior Ti. I don't know quite how to explain it, but there were little hints of it here and there. Like how he liked to unwind: playing video games or playing chess by himself. I've noticed ExFJ's inferior Ti typically likes those types of games. Strangely enough (and I know this isn't really a strong point), but the only two people I've ever seen play chess by themselves is my ESFJ mother and ENFJ brother.
    ENTPs and INTPs play chess on their own. I have palyed chess on my own and I have known two INTPs and an ENTP girl who did that too. Also I strongly believe he is an ENTP.

Ne: Frank is an expert at reading people. He sizes them up, figures out their weak spots, and pushes them as far as they go until they break apart. He is outward facing, finding inspiration in the world around him. He is good at seeing alternatives, changing his schemes directions multiple times. He doesn’t start out with only one plan, but instead adapts along the way as opportunities for action present themselves. Frank is a clever inventor, prepared to brainstorm solutions. He is sociable and gets his energy from his interactions with other people, either positive or negative, as long as he can display his power over them.

Ti: His ability to think outside the box makes him a dangerous opponent, since he has the ability to analyze everyone and everything, as well as quickness to point out other people's weaknesses. Frank analyzes people and situations and forms logical conclusions as to their future behavior, which he then uses to launch his plans. He rationalizes everything inside of his head, whether it be how to deal with a political situation to how to deal with his pawns (like Russo or Zoe).

Fe: Frank is a talented social creature. He knows how to say the right thing in the right way to get the reaction he needs from people. He understands and can read people’s emotions skillfully, which makes him a dangerous conversationalist. Also, adaptation comes easily for Frank, whose stints of “goodness” are a reflection of the social expectations of the people around him. He becomes whatever anyone wants him to be, to accomplish his goals. He’s extremely charming and personable ,and his Fe allows him to connect to others on a warm and friendly level. People are always shocked when he turns on them, because they thought they had found a kindred spirit. However, he has trouble honestly empathizing with people, because he is ruthless and selfish in his actions.

Si: Tradition and the past hold little interest for Frank, who wants to avoid memories of his childhood.

WALMART

lol @ type

Finally, someone I can relate to.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yeah, I think ENTP too. XNTJs in politics are more purposeful, they have something they want to accomplish, an idea they want to implement, a vision for the future. They want power to do something, but Frank wants power for its own sake, its a game to him. He's adaptable and makes himself what other people need him to be, so that he can get ahead. He looks like an ENTJ because he's perfected intimidation as a tactic, which is associated with te and se rather than fe and ne. I think his wife is an ENTJ though. Zoe is ISTP, and Russo is ESFP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I decided not to merge the two House of Cards threads since this one focuses on character typing, and the other on the series in general. If member sentiment favors merging, I can go ahead and do it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

They shouldn't be merged for that very reason.

In fact, the typing discussion that suddenly sprang up in that thread should be moved over here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft