User Tag List

First 123

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    If you have the time, could you try to do ancient Egypt?
    I'm not too familiar with the cultural aspects of Ancient Egypt, but I could make some very rough estimates.

Unlike the Ancient Greeks (SEE), the Egyptians didn't really seem to be too keen on the idea of prophecy or fate, at least from what I know (I could be wrong). The Greeks' view on prophecy and fate was so strong and influential in their culture due to the fact that, having as a suggestive element in the Integral type, they actively searched for ways of finding information and explanations, leading them to hold reverence for oracles, and people of great wisdom or foresight. The Greeks' even sort of self-dualized their own religion by attributing humankind's transcendence to a being whose foresight is almost literally a second sight, Prometheus (ILI archetype); quite literally, they created a being that is allied with humankind's interest who has not only the Greeks' best interests at heart, but also the sight to see humankind's future (in the myth of Prometheus, you can see clearly the Greeks' distaste of through their portrayal of Prometheus's brother, Epimethius, who, in his quest of manic creativity to give creatures positive attributes, ran out of resources to give to humanity).

Enough about the Greeks, however. The Egyptians seeming distance from the prophetic tastes of the Greeks might suggest that, in fact, Ancient Egypt's integral type was a Judicious type, maybe a ego; however, it might be worthwhile to note that ego might not be as oriented to the mystical as Super Id. If you wish to find the Ancient Egyptians' integral type, a good place to start might be with their mythology; they, perhaps, might have also self-dualized themselves with their religion by projecting their suggestive element onto a being (perhaps Osiris?), or might have consequently projected their darker side or subdued sides onto an antagonizing deity (Set? -> ?). Either way, looking at their mythology should provide valuable insight.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    What, where does that come from? Introversion I agree, but I would have gone for ISTJ.

S vs N: Small talk is not a concept in Finland. We speak when we have something to say. We hold people to their promises and answer questions literally ("How do you do", "See you later", etc.). Finnish conversation is straight to the point. Finns are not afraid to give criticism when asked opinion. We have very little rituals or "unspoken rules".

T vs F: Finland is very engineer oriented. There are no famous finnish fashion designers (or any kind of designers), actors, novelists or anything of that sort. There are also very little trends or famous people in Finland whom to follow.

P vs J: We wait in lines. To everywhere. We like when things are orderly. We hate chaos. We have rules for everything. Everything needs to be regulated.

In comparison, I'd say Sweden is ISFJ. Polite to everyone, and hates to disagree with anything or anyone.
    When I was younger (teen years) I had a pipe dream of moving to Finland. It seemed like it had many things I wanted in a country. Alas, upon looking into it, and realizing what the culture is like (which is as how you explained here), I would be miserable. While I love order, rules, hate chaos, and people knowing when to keep to themselves, I enjoy small talk a lot, I love politeness, I get put off when things are business only all the time, and the artistic side of things is what gives richness to the world. I have a feeling a lot of Fins would not like me. I'm too extroverted, excitable, and desiring to socialize in large groups.

You guys have given me two bands I adore though (HK119 and Femme En Fourrure). Keep churning that stuff out . Part of the reason I though it was as I saw in my minds eye is I was (wrongly) basing what it would be like from artists like these.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Default MBTI and Mind Control

Only persons have personalities. So only persons have personality types.

Nations are not persons so don't have personalities or personality types.

So fantasizing personality types for nations is pure fantasy, without any basis in reality.

So there is something wrong with a cult like mbti which deliberately fails to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

And confusing fantasy and reality is a time tested form of mind control.

This is a form of mind control used by many cults.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Only persons have personalities. So only persons have personality types.

Nations are not persons so don't have personalities or personality types.

So fantasizing personality types for nations is pure fantasy, without any basis in reality.

So there is something wrong with a cult like mbti which deliberately fails to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

This is a form of mind control used by many cults.
    Ever been to a football match? Notice how one side of the crowd cheer for one team and vice versa? Now expand it a little.

I know you only come here to divert topics and be mystical but I'm sure that if you try you can get on board with this discussion in a constructive manner.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The latest thread derail was moved to Off-Topic Posts. Please stay on-topic, and take new topics to new or suitable resurrected threads.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard, Alea_iacta_est, Cygnus, Xander liked this post