• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dark Knight

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So I must be wrong!

How else would you base your claims about the Joker if you do not have the evidence to support it? Watch the movie, then come back to us.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ugh...

Question:

Do I have to see every molecule of uranium to know that it's naturally radioactive?
I didn't watch the whole movie. I've seen previews, and youtube clips (not the two dissonance posted -- thanks btw).

As if this were a worthwhile argument anyway...
Is no one else here just for dicking around? You can't seriously all be curious about these specific characters...

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right, but it's not the best analogy. It's more like making a guess on a character's deeper psyche from reading the summary on the back of the novel. One may miss important details such as how the character interacts with the others, responds to disappointment, to challenges & threats, etc. Previews offer an introduction to the material, not necessary the entire concept including how each part functions together. You may still hang onto the same opinion after viewing the movie, but at least you can give it well-thought-out reasoning.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Question:

Do I have to see every molecule of uranium to know that it's naturally radioactive?

Is radioactivity the only property of a substance containing uranium? Does the presence of radiation preclude the presence of uranium in a given substance?

The previews only show E__P...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Nocapszy, I don't think the Joker's type is a matter held close to the hearts of the respondents in this thread, but I do think that it is apparent to most of us that you are off the mark with your assertion. If that being brought to your attention falls under the umbrella of being "super-serious", then so be it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like this argument better than a complaint about my method.

I figured that would be the best direction to tackle it from, and with the image you used it was hard to resist...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Off the mark? I don't give a shit about the jokers type. I just needed an in to make a few about typology, so I said J.

I'm not making an accusation. I was asking if it matters as much to everyone else as it does to Lethe. If I'm wasting my time...

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i would interject that you can't type fictional characters with complete accuracy, because not only are they fabricated (and thus prone to inconsistencies that wouldnt exist in a real person) but the actors representation of the character introduces additional flaws in interpretational variance and unconcealable aspects of their own personality fusing with that of the character

let's just admit that this is educated speculation, at best :)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I'm not taking this any more seriously than anybody else in this thread. I am simply questioning claims that lack a sufficient background. To avoid going off topic, I'm ending my explanation on my intent here.

Nice work, Runvardh. It was a good direction to take it in.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually you've taken it a step further than Dissonance and Dana. You commanded me to see the movie before posting again, and used the word "us" which looked a bit to me like you were co-signing the collective group here's name onto the order.

My question was looking out to see if everyone else is really that bent over the issue or if you were forging their consent.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
i would interject that you can't type fictional characters with complete accuracy, because not only are they fabricated (and thus prone to inconsistencies that wouldnt exist in a real person) but the actors representation of the character introduces additional flaws in interpretational variance and unconcealable aspects of their own personality fusing with that of the character

let's just admit that this is educated speculation, at best :)

I think that human beings are just as likely to have inconsistencies as fictional characters are. Perhaps even more so. Fictional characters can be archetypes. Human beings rarely are, if ever.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

I agree on some fronts. The only thing I'll say opposing you here, is that using functions is damn near inescapable. They're not built into the brain. They're just what we call a behavior/thought when they happen to occur. If there's a blend, then we can still parse them (using those same names) and look at all the moving parts, without distorting the actual events (potentially).

Last edited:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually you've taken it a step further than Dissonance and Dana. You commanded me to see the movie before posting again, and used the word "us" which looked a bit to me like you were co-signing the collective group here's name onto the order.

Apologies if I came off that way. Sometimes the effect of my words do not match what I mean and I can unintentionally appear harsh & aggressive - the downside of having Te.

For any more clarification, talk to me over through the comment/rep system.

rank

Bruce Wayne/Batman - ISTP (overly adventurous craftsman)
Harvey Dent - ENFP (paranoid, two-faced)
The Joker - INFP (childish hysteria, unpredictable drama queen)
James Gordon - ISTJ (serious, rigid)
Rachel Dawes - INFJ (decisive idealist)
Alfred Pennyworth - ISFJ (devoted traditionalist)
Lucious Fox - INTP (independent architect)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Bruce Wayne/Batman - INTJ
Harvey Dent - ENFJ
The Joker - ENTP
James Gordon - ISTJ
Rachel Dawes - ENFj
Alfred Pennyworth - ISFJ
Lucious Fox - INTJ

Nice list, RunnDMC. I made some minor cosmetic changes to match my opinion.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Anyone else here think that Rachel Dawes might be an SJ instead of an NF?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
his makes me think he's a P.

"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just *do* things. I'm a wrench in the gears. I *hate* plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I am not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are." -The Joker!

That makes him sound like an SP to me. But I haven't seen it either. And don't plan to. ;)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone else here think that Rachel Dawes might be an SJ instead of an NF?

I didn't see anything particularly intuitish about her.

Everyone always assumes that the title elevated emoter must be NF.

Bzzt.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really feel like arguing with you Poriferan, but just on the record, I don't give a damn whether it's a personality disorder or anything else from the DSM.

That book is filled entirely with farcical non-sense decided by narrow-minded efficiency experts.

Well, if that's your opinion of it, then I'm afraid there is no way to classify the Joker as a sociopath or not, because you just renounced the only definition. Seems kind of silly that you asked the question if you didn't even believe in its basis.

...Still, I believe I answered your question. We all say he's a sociopath because he has no guilt and no empathy.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I think we can all agree on one thing about the Joker: he looks like he could use a nice, long shower.