Thread: The Dark Knight

yea Joker is ENTP most definitely

I have a strong affinity for people with ENTP, ENFP, and ENTJ types

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Yes.

As a sidenote, this is a common error; the Joker intentionally misled Batman so that he would mistakenly rescue Harvey Dent.
    Ah I missed that detail. Still I think an INTJ would have either mourned more or suffered more at the loss of such a close loved one. Only an IxTP could shrug off something like that so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo
    I'm starting to lean more towards INFP these days..
    An INFP would need at least a week in bed with ice cream and oreos before recovering from such a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnDMC
    The whole idea of batman and fear is so symbolic that it seems an ISTP wouldn't waste time with it.
    I belive that Ra's Al Ghoul came up with that idea originally (the idea of a symbol being more than a just a man). Batman found it appealing and adopted it into his persona. ISTP's readily adopt ideas that they find appealing. That is not against type.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Did Harvey Dent know that The Joker was planning on telling Batman the wrong location between him and her?

That I couldn't figure out. Because he tried to commit suicide before he got rescued, so I figured he knew even though it wasn't explicitly stated.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quick question, and this may have already been proposed. But in lue of the recent two movies, what do most people think Bruce was before he became the Batman?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BetaSwimmer View Post
    Quick question, and this may have already been proposed. But in lue of the recent two movies, what do most people think Bruce was before he became the Batman?
    they allude to how he dropped out of princeton. at least his talk with the butler indicated such....then he became a theif. and then met the league of shadows...

gosh he was a theif...thats one more ISTP (not saying all ISTPs are theives....just that i have known more than one ISTP who excelled at stealing)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Even though I havn't seen the movie I agree with the joker being an ENTP or ENTJ. He sees the world as his personal playground to wreak havoc in. Thats how a good friend ENTX I know sees things as well -he lives to play. The Joker takes this to psychotic extremes.

But I havn't seen the movie so skip this post...
    Now that I have seen it...

Joker seems INFP to me, or maybe INFJ. He seems like a feeler for sure, he's into the drama and he is interesting in people primarily. He also wants to see Batman unmasked, with nothing to hide. Very good take on it too... now that I've seen it I think an ENTJ/INTJ take on it would be too obvious....

Batman: ISTP
    Rachel: ESFJ (not developed enough really)
    Harvey Dent: ENFX

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by The Liquid Laser
    Ah I missed that detail. Still I think an INTJ would have either mourned more or suffered more at the loss of such a close loved one. Only an IxTP could shrug off something like that so quickly.
    I think that an INTJ- since he prefers T over F- would be able to go on with what he thinks he's supposed to do and put his feeling aside. Contrast that with F-type Harvey Dent who was definitely not able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA
    Joker seems INFP to me, or maybe INFJ. He seems like a feeler for sure, he's into the drama and he is interesting in people primarily. He also wants to see Batman unmasked, with nothing to hide. Very good take on it too... now that I've seen it I think an ENTJ/INTJ take on it would be too obvious....
    Interesting.. while I don't agree with you (I think the Joker's ENTP)- I will say that Heath Ledger is a definite INFP- so, in that respect, the Joker is an INFP playing an ENTP role- haha!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    they allude to how he dropped out of princeton. at least his talk with the butler indicated such....then he became a theif. and then met the league of shadows...

gosh he was a theif...thats one more ISTP (not saying all ISTPs are theives....just that i have known more than one ISTP who excelled at stealing)
    You must recall why he decided to become a thief - he wanted to crawl inside the criminal mind, to understand it and learn how to oppose it and to turn the fear mongering back on the corrupt. He was searching for a path of justice. Then there's his almost complete unwillingness to compromise his values. He spat in the face of Ra's al Ghul when ordered to play Grim Reaper for the League of Shadows. Bruce even spared the life of Joker after he murdered Bruce's closest friend and the only woman who had held his heartstring.

Bruce is obviously an introvert poster child but also appears to possess strong Fi. INFP, INTJ, ISTJ, ISFP - I'd eliminate ISTJ first since he doesn't appear to embody SJ values. I'm more inclined to think INFP or (and more likely) ISFP though possibly INTJ with a snowballing Fi possibly due to never experiencing psychological closure of murder of his parents.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

In defense of Batman being a feeler (in the Dark Knight only, mind you), I would mention the entire ending part where Batman decides to take the fall for Dent's crimes in order to preserve the 'morale' of Gotham's citizens. It was more important for Batman to win a symbolic war of 'good vs. evil' by preserving Dent's image as the 'white knight' than it was to reveal the reality and truth of what happened to the public. Seems very Fi to me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hey dudes, I think Batman was IS_P.

Haven't decided F and T. I'm convinced he's not an IN_J like all yall say.
    we fukin won boys