User Tag List

Thread: American Hustle

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default American Hustle

Anyone seen this yet? It's preeetty spectacular. It's that new Scorsese movie that's not by Scorsese. I loved it. The characters are super fun.

Richie (Cooper) -- A very weird ESTJ, for sure.
    Irving (Bale) -- Definite NT. Either INTJ or ENTP. Leaning ENTP, based on the pretty apparent Fe.
    Sydney (Adams) -- IxFJ. Not too sure really.
    Rosalyn (JLaw) -- Tough. Definitely FP, though.
    Carmine (Renner) -- Gonna go with ENFJ

MBTI
    INTP

I feel like the only N in that movie was Carmine.. he was ENFJ probably. Clearly a big picture kinda guy. But overall it was a very SP movie. Irving was no intellectual, that much is certain. I would rule out NT right off the bat. ESxP might work best. In fact, I would have to guess that Richie, Rosalyn, and Sydney were all ESxP as well. ESFPs in particular love to act, dress up, and seek thrills.

Stranger things have happened than a movie with all ESFPs in it. Plenty of movies seem to feature all NTs. This wouldn't surprise me, though. What else would you expect from 4 ESxPs than a bunch of glitzy hijinks?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think the only ESFP was Rosalyn. Richie was indeed an ESTJ, Sydney an INFJ and I agree Carmine was an ENFJ.As for Irving, he had the veneer of the charming, hyper-intelligent, eloquent, sly conman. He is nevertheless a fictional character, so I would type his as an ENTP.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    I think the only ESFP was Rosalyn. Richie was indeed an ESTJ, Sydney an INFJ and I agree Carmine was an ENFJ.As for Irving, he had the veneer of the charming, hyper-intelligent, eloquent, sly conman. He is nevertheless a fictional character, so I would type his as an ENTP.
    Where is INFJ coming from for Sydney? Her facial expressions? I think her actions say something else. A fabulous dresser, former erotic dancer who welcomes the thrill of the scam... didn't see anything about her liking literature or anything remotely INFJ, really.

As for Richie, EST is fairly clear, but I'm going with P over J because he was more rogue and competitive rather than by the books and dutiful. The contrast between him and Louis Ck was a clear-cut P/J foil. Ck would have been IxTJ, by the way.

Irving an ENTP? Sure he was eccentric, but not that kind of eccentric. Not at all.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Where is INFJ coming from for Sydney? Her facial expressions? I think her actions say something else. A fabulous dresser, former erotic dancer who welcomes the thrill of the scam... didn't see anything about her liking literature or anything remotely INFJ, really.

As for Richie, EST is fairly clear, but I'm going with P over J because he was more rogue and competitive rather than by the books and dutiful. The contrast between him and Louis Ck was a clear-cut P/J foil. Ck would have been IxTJ, by the way.

Irving an ENTP? Sure he was eccentric, but not that kind of eccentric. Not at all.
    I can see that ESTP for Richie. The reason I went with ESTJ was based solely on how badly he absolutely needed everything to go exactly the way he believed they should haha. He had NO aptitude for improvisation or course correction at all, and ESTPs aren't generally known for being such horrible improvers. Though you're right, His scenes with CK makes him definitely look like a P.

I honestly don't understand how you don't see Irving as a possible NT, or more specifically ENTP. His eccentricities aren't the stereotypical ENTP eccentricities, sure, but he IS definitely eccentric. Also, of all the main characters, he's definitely the iNtuitive of that crowd. He saw things from a mile away, and made random little connections about almost everything. He was the only one that had a bad feeling during the meeting with DeNiro. He had a feeling something wasn't going to work, and sure enough, DeNiro could speak Arabic haha.

He also has that ENTPish thing of not liking to be the almighty Alpha male in the room, but also not wanting anyone else to fill that role. ESxPs are more than fine with being the Alpha, hence Richie's demeanor throughout the movie.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I can see that ESTP for Richie. The reason I went with ESTJ was based solely on how badly he absolutely needed everything to go exactly the way he believed they should haha. He had NO aptitude for improvisation or course correction at all, and ESTPs aren't generally known for being such horrible improvers. Though you're right, His scenes with CK makes him definitely look like a P.

I honestly don't understand how you don't see Irving as a possible NT, or more specifically ENTP. His eccentricities aren't the stereotypical ENTP eccentricities, sure, but he IS definitely eccentric. Also, of all the main characters, he's definitely the iNtuitive of that crowd. He saw things from a mile away, and made random little connections about almost everything. He was the only one that had a bad feeling during the meeting with DeNiro. He had a feeling something wasn't going to work, and sure enough, DeNiro could speak Arabic haha.

He also has that ENTPish thing of not liking to be the almighty Alpha male in the room, but also not wanting anyone else to fill that role. ESxPs are more than fine with being the Alpha, hence Richie's demeanor throughout the movie.
    Those are valid points about Irving. Thing is, fictional characters don't always follow consistent patterns, 'cause they're made up and sometimes the plot requires what it will from people.. Maybe we can settle on ExTP lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Anyone seen this yet? It's preeetty spectacular. It's that new Scorsese movie that's not by Scorsese. I loved it. The characters are super fun.

Richie (Cooper) -- A very weird ESTJ, for sure.
    Yes, a power-tripping ESTJ who clashes with CK's subdued ISTJ.
    Irving (Bale) -- Definite NT. Either INTJ or ENTP. Leaning ENTP, based on the pretty apparent Fe.
    INTP
    Sydney (Adams) -- IxFJ. Not too sure really.
    Way off. ESTP
    Rosalyn (JLaw) -- Tough. Definitely FP, though.
    Histrionic ESFP. The inferior ni comes out with the "power of intention"
    Carmine (Renner) -- Gonna go with ENFJ
    Yep

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Christian Bale's character: ISTP (True Neutral)
    Bradley cooper: ENFP (Chaotic good)
    Amy Adams: Sth. FJ
    Jennifer Lawrence: ESFP
    Jeremy Renner: ENFJ (Neutral Good)
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist