• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Frozen's Elsa is INFJ

Nicodemus

Elsa has a lot of the same problems that most INFJs face. She feels different, and has to learn to accept herself and find her place in society. She also tries to suppress these differences, which is what a lot of INFJs do. Also, she learns that she can't just shut everyone out, and that she needs others. She realizes that she has to stop hiding her true self from others and just wants people to accept her for who she is, though at the beginning, she's afraid that people won't (which is what actually happened.) This is something almost every INFJ has to go through in their life.
I think it is a bit much to interpret Elsa's powers are INFJness. I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society. Anti-gay hysteria, anyone? In truth, though, I think her story is deliberately universal, dealing with self-acceptance, understanding, and the power of love. It seems save to say that Dumbo was neither an INFJ nor gay.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which they grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society.

Aw, I wish I had gay ice powers :(

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You can. Didn't you know it's a lifestyle choice?

OHHHHH! So do you get the powers once you've mentally made the decision, or do you have to like, date a guy first?

Or do you like level up and get stronger, the gayer you act?

yeghor

I think it is a bit much to interpret Elsa's powers are INFJness. I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society. Anti-gay hysteria, anyone? In truth, though, I think her story is deliberately universal, dealing with self-acceptance, understanding, and the power of love. It seems save to say that Dumbo was neither an INFJ nor gay.

So is the movie about her coming out of the closet?

Qre:us

Elsa was constipated for 9/10th of the movie. Yeah, I can see INxJ.

Anna (and the bumbling Olaf) was tweaking on feelings for 10/10th of the movie. Yeah, I can see FP.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=20204]aalknj[/MENTION]

Surely it is more likely that you liked the character, got caught up in a story and wished that this character were closer to yourself, as people are want to do with fiction.

So given the nature of this forum, you've come to tell us how this character is similar to an INFJ, since that is the type you consider for yourself and in doing so reinforce a sense of comforting familiarity with this piece of story-driven existence. This in turn helps to distract oneself from the more pressing reality of a brief existence of mundanity and blandness.

No worries though, most of us do it, myself included. It's why I lose myself so often in products of imagination. There's actually even a bit of irony in stories about so called 'average' people being catapulted into situations that change their lives forever and show them that they aren't so insignificant, since that's all that happens in our reality too.

It just looks like it was always going to happen because of hindsight and self-determinism you nasty little illusion, your plans cannot cover everything...admit it! Variables too small to see have you by the balls and those stories only seek to reinforce the hopelessness not disperse it.

PS: I feel sorry for ISFJ's after reading your post, you make INFJ's sound like conceited snot-gobblers.

aalknj

MBTI Type
INFJ

Surely it is more likely that you liked the character, got caught up in a story and wished that this character were closer to yourself, as people are want to do with fiction.

So given the nature of this forum, you've come to tell us how this character is similar to an INFJ, since that is the type you consider for yourself and in doing so reinforce a sense of comforting familiarity with this piece of story-driven existence. This in turn helps to distract oneself from the more pressing reality of a brief existence of mundanity and blandness.

No worries though, most of us do it, myself included. It's why I lose myself so often in products of imagination. There's actually even a bit of irony in stories about so called 'average' people being catapulted into situations that change their lives forever and show them that they aren't so insignificant, since that's all that happens in our reality too.

It just looks like it was always going to happen because of hindsight and self-determinism you nasty little illusion, your plans cannot cover everything...admit it! Variables too small to see have you by the balls and those stories only seek to reinforce the hopelessness not disperse it.

PS: I feel sorry for ISFJ's after reading your post, you make INFJ's sound like conceited snot-gobblers.

So...you don't think Elsa is INFJ?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
So...you don't think Elsa is INFJ?

I don't think she's anything. But I do see people clasping at any general trait which they approve of, that can be applied to fictional characters they like, especially those they relate to and then using theories like this to uplift themselves.

Although thinking on it, perhaps that is a good use for MBTI.

aalknj

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think she's anything. But I do see people clasping at any general trait which they approve of, that can be applied to fictional characters they like, especially those they relate to and then using theories like this to uplift themselves.

If you don't believe in typing fictional characters then why were you on Popular Culture and Type, and why did you click on this thread? And you're right, it is a good use for mbti...especially for many INFJs. It's kinda nice because since there are so few of us, we can find more people who are similar to us, even if they are fictional. It's like having imaginary friends! :newwink:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
? And you're right, it is a good use for mbti...especially for many INFJs. It's kinda nice because since there are so few of us, we can find more people who are similar to us, even if they are fictional. It's like having imaginary friends! :newwink:

I guess those snowflakes have to stick together....to make a snowball that a kid can throw at the bus. So out of curiosity, do you get along with other INFJ's? I know that's general so I'll admit to conceding to an answer of 'some of them and not others' which is remarkably like relationships with all people anyhow.

If you don't believe in typing fictional characters then why were you on Popular Culture and Type, and why did you click on this thread?

I never said I didn't believe in typing fictional characters, I'm more specifically interested in a pattern I see when people type fictional characters.

As for why I clicked on the thread; curiosity. After all as free as you are to question me on why I would bother I can freely state "because I can".

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Appearently, she doesn't need protection around the bosom area...:D

Just like every character on walking dead who feels no need to cover up high target areas such as: arms, legs, neck.

aalknj

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess those snowflakes have to stick together....to make a snowball that a kid can throw at the bus. So out of curiosity, do you get along with other INFJ's? I know that's general so I'll admit to conceding to an answer of 'some of them and not others' which is remarkably like relationships with all people anyhow.

I actually haven't met very many INFJs. My best friend is one, and we've been best friends for a few years before I learned about mbti. I've never had a friend like her, and I guess she keeps me sane. There was this one English teacher I had once who I really liked, and he was probably an INFJ, although he could've been an INFP. Also, there's this one chick who I think might be an INFJ, but honestly I have no idea. She is definitely INXX and she acts like she doesn't care about anything and is irresponsible. I think it might just be that, though...an act. She's a musician and is slightly goth, and she drives me insane because she's nice but you can tell she uses every chance she gets to seem cool. I think I've found some other INFJs but I don't know them well enough to be sure or know whether or not I'd get along with them.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I actually haven't met very many INFJs. My best friend is one, and we've been best friends for a few years before I learned about mbti. I've never had a friend like her, and I guess she keeps me sane. There was this one English teacher I had once who I really liked, and he was probably an INFJ, although he could've been an INFP. Also, there's this one chick who I think might be an INFJ, but honestly I have no idea. She is definitely INXX and she acts like she doesn't care about anything and is irresponsible. I think it might just be that, though...an act. She's a musician and is slightly goth, and she drives me insane because she's nice but you can tell she uses every chance she gets to seem cool. I think I've found some other INFJs but I don't know them well enough to be sure or know whether or not I'd get along with them.

I've noticed that I tend to get along better with people who have thought about walking around naked once or twice in their lives. Of course I have no way of knowing whether they have or not without asking them. But usually I don't need to, if I get along with them, chances are they have had that thought.

pinkopal100

MBTI Type
INFJ
Elsa isn't the focus of the movie though. A pity because Frozen would have been so much better if it had focused on Elsa and her (very real) struggles...

I think you're right, but I also love my ESFJ friends so I loved Anna's character, so sweet, gullible and adventurous! :)
-An INFJ

pinkopal100

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love the post, it's right on! The reason Elsa doesn't seem very INFJ sometimes is because of her situation forcing herself to be distant, that isn't her at all and you can see it in her eyes how pained she is.

Another great INFJ princess, who was able to reach her full potential is Belle from Beauty and The Beast, my all time favorite princess! :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I didn't think a movie of that length was enough information to type someone on, especially since we didn't see all that much of Elsa. I was disappointed with the movie overall. It was good, but with all the rave reviews I was expecting to like it more.

I really loved the snowman, though.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I typed her as INFJ when I saw it. Very Fe - very concerned about group and community welfare, and is self-sacrificing in her own isolation to meet that end. She struck me as an Ni user also, I didn't really see Si, certainly not dominant. She has forced herself to look like a thinker with her "Ice Queen" persona but her judgements and decisions are based on group harmony.

How about Anna? I typed her as ESFP but have seen her typed as ENFP elsewhere. I'd like to see what others think. She's veeeeery extroverted.

She's not concern with her community, she's afraid to hurt her sister. It's a personal matter, not a social conscious choice. She'd had come back with Anna when informed that the city was suffering because of her if her focus was on the collective.

Anna is ESFP.

Naw, I was just kidding. I WISH there was a link. :D

IMO, if she's an INFJ, she's an INFJ e1.

Yes, I see that as the only possibility of her being INFJ.

Let the storm rage ooonnnnnn--the facts never bothered me anyway.

--The Vicky Jo, The Musical

Priceless :rofl1:

She's an ENFP... She had to restrain herself to protect her sister and family, which forced her to act like an INFJ... but ENFP is her natural mode... whereas INFJ is the forced mode... I guess...:)

NO. Where did you get this from?

Her "forced" mode would have to be INTJ, since that's the direct opposite of ENFP. That would be her in shadow mode though.

Actually our "usual" type is the one which we can function with more ease in the society I guess...

I can function as INFJ with the "least" amount of stress\friction in the society... I have an inner ENFP side but it's weak, underdeveloped (atm) in nature... I do not have the physiological constitution to keep it functioning in society... it wouldn't\couldn't withstand society's tests and pressures...

The thing is Elsa has both INFJ and ENFP traits...but which side is stronger...

We see that when she's outside of society's reach, she becomes much more expressive and energetic like an ENFP... but would she be able to feel more comfortable functioning as an ENFP or INFJ when she returns to the society and it's pressures and her fears associated with them...

I need to find ways to use my ENFP side more assertively by the way.. it's too timid... but I am nowhere as expressive and flamboyant as Elsa becomes even when I am away from people or just by myself... the INFJ side is still stronger, more adept even at those times...

That's why I believe Elsa would be able to function as an ENFP in the society meaning that she's predominantly an ENFP...

"Guess" is the right term.

Anybody can have traits of different types since none of them are type exclusive. Also, there's a thing called Enneagram.

Yes because "expressive and energetic"= ENFP :17425:.

Your flip side (or Paradoxitype) as an INFJ is ENTP.

Aw, I wish I had gay ice powers :(

I wish I had ice powers, period. Can I have them even though I'm straight? Does gay friendly cout?

THIS.

Most Disney typings (specially the princesses) are a mix of projection and wish fufillment.

It's like they need it. They need an avatar so when they see a character they like, they shape it into one.

I love the post, it's right on! The reason Elsa doesn't seem very INFJ sometimes is because of her situation forcing herself to be distant, that isn't her at all and you can see it in her eyes how pained she is.

Another great INFJ princess, who was able to reach her full potential is Belle from Beauty and The Beast, my all time favorite princess! :)

Belle is INFP :thelook:.