First 56789 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^True.

Jasmine and Aurora are INFJ though, for comparison.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ^True.

Jasmine and Aurora are INFJ though, for comparison.
    Aurora has so little awake screentime it's hard to tell. Haven't watched Aladinn in ten years, but I know her typings are pretty varied on the net. I've seen ENTP and ENFJ.

What do you reckon Elsa is?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    She's an ENFP... She had to restrain herself to protect her sister and family, which forced her to act like an INFJ... but ENFP is her natural mode... whereas INFJ is the forced mode... I guess...
    I am not so sure anymore though...She's some kind of NF that's for sure...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Aurora has so little awake screentime it's hard to tell. Haven't watched Aladinn in ten years, but I know her typings are pretty varied on the net. I've seen ENTP and ENFJ.

What do you reckon Elsa is?
    Oh I'm good with INFJ on her - she has that same duty/martyr effect -at least at first. It's nice to see her embrace herself though instead of sacrificing herself in the name of duty forever.

Jasmine is the kind of INFJ focused on a vision, I feel. She has a certain idea of how things should be and uses her Fe to either disrupt social standards and shock people to wake them up, or encourage them to do what she considers is right. She's also the more prickly but true to herself-type, aka a bit heavy on the tertiary Ti (and invested in being considered valuable for more than just a decorative piece of furniture).

Compare her to Esmeralda for ENFJ vs INFJ: visionary vs demagogue. Both have a vision, but Esmeralda is way more hands and relies heavily on her social charm on whereas Jasmine is more strategic and distancing.

As for Aurora, she does get little screen time, but she is the perfect martyr example. She has prophetic dreams/visions about what her destiny is (Once Upon A Dream), yet when she is confronted with her 'duty'/supposed destiny, she falls apart because her plan/destiny has fallen apart, yet accepts her new fate and sets out to fulfil her duty - for the greater good. Add that all to the demure, elegant aura she has and the archetypal play she does with the animals (aka play pretending her prince is there) and you've got yourself an NF - and an INFJ at that.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Oh I'm good with INFJ on her - she has that same duty/martyr effect -at least at first. It's nice to see her embrace herself though instead of sacrificing herself in the name of duty forever.

Jasmine is the kind of INFJ focused on a vision, I feel. She has a certain idea of how things should be and uses her Fe to either disrupt social standards and shock people to wake them up, or encourage them to do what she considers is right. She's also the more prickly but true to herself-type, aka a bit heavy on the tertiary Ti (and invested in being considered valuable for more than just a decorative piece of furniture).

Compare her to Esmeralda for ENFJ vs INFJ: visionary vs demagogue. Both have a vision, but Esmeralda is way more hands and relies heavily on her social charm on whereas Jasmine is more strategic and distancing.

As for Aurora, she does get little screen time, but she is the perfect martyr example. She has prophetic dreams/visions about what her destiny is (Once Upon A Dream), yet when she is confronted with her 'duty'/supposed destiny, she falls apart because her plan/destiny has fallen apart, yet accepts her new fate and sets out to fulfil her duty - for the greater good. Add that all to the demure, elegant aura she has and the archetypal play she does with the animals (aka play pretending her prince is there) and you've got yourself an NF - and an INFJ at that.
    What "vision" does Elsa has? She acepts what her parents say and acts accordingly for as long as she can force herself to, but I haven't seen any indication of what she actually agrees with it. If anything, "Let It Go" points to her having very different ideas about her powers in contrast to what she's been taught.

It seeems like you have a penchant for seeing martyrs in the princesses. I see absolutely no such a thing in Aurora, because she doesn't get a say in anything that happens. She's a victim of the cirunstances (as Elsa) and an incredibly passive character. As for her "aura" and her playing with animals and making believe, that's hardly an argument for type.

Where's Aurora's Ni? And her Fe? I see neither.

I just can't take typing based on archetypals seriously, you gotta go with functions and build from there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so

You could have just said, "because I like her and I think I am one too," OP.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    What "vision" does Elsa has? She acepts what her parents say and acts accordingly for as long as she can force herself to, but I haven't seen any indication of what she actually agrees with it. If anything, "Let It Go" points to her having very different ideas about her powers in contrast to what she's been taught.

It seeems like you have a penchant for seeing martyrs in the princesses. I see absolutely no such a thing in Aurora, because she doesn't get a say in anything that happens. She's a victim of the cirunstances (as Elsa) and an incredibly passive character. As for her "aura" and her playing with animals and making believe, that's hardly an argument for type.

Where's Aurora's Ni? And her Fe? I see neither.

I just can't take typing based on archetypals seriously, you gotta go with functions and build from there.
    Actually, I don't.

I type differently than you, yes. But it doesn't make my reasoning wrong, nor is it reason for dismissal, in my books. But I understand that you'll need more time to verify things for yourself and think it through. You asked me to put in my two cents,and so I did. Hope it at least was of some value to you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    You could have just said, "because I like her and I think I am one too," OP.
    OH MY GOD, BURRN!

Actually, I don't.
    That was a figure of speech, not an advice or a "you should do this" thing. You're free to choose your typing method obviously, as effective/ineffective as it might be

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Am I the only one who hadn't seen this: What is Your Disney Personality Type?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I still think Elsa is INTJ. I don't see Fe from her. Also Anna is ESFP so this makes the whole Fire/Ice duality work well