User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by aalknj View Post
    Elsa has a lot of the same problems that most INFJs face. She feels different, and has to learn to accept herself and find her place in society. She also tries to suppress these differences, which is what a lot of INFJs do. Also, she learns that she can't just shut everyone out, and that she needs others. She realizes that she has to stop hiding her true self from others and just wants people to accept her for who she is, though at the beginning, she's afraid that people won't (which is what actually happened.) This is something almost every INFJ has to go through in their life.
    I think it is a bit much to interpret Elsa's powers are INFJness. I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society. Anti-gay hysteria, anyone? In truth, though, I think her story is deliberately universal, dealing with self-acceptance, understanding, and the power of love. It seems save to say that Dumbo was neither an INFJ nor gay.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which they grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society.
    Aw, I wish I had gay ice powers

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Aw, I wish I had gay ice powers
    You can. Didn't you know it's a lifestyle choice?

Enneagram

You can. Didn't you know it's a lifestyle choice?
    OHHHHH! So do you get the powers once you've mentally made the decision, or do you have to like, date a guy first?

Or do you like level up and get stronger, the gayer you act?

I think it is a bit much to interpret Elsa's powers are INFJness. I heard that fearful conservatives criticize the film for its gay agenda. Having watched it yesterday, I must say that their take seems much more conclusive. She was born with her powers, which grow stronger with age. Also, they pose a threat to society. Anti-gay hysteria, anyone? In truth, though, I think her story is deliberately universal, dealing with self-acceptance, understanding, and the power of love. It seems save to say that Dumbo was neither an INFJ nor gay.
    So is the movie about her coming out of the closet?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    OHHHHH! So do you get the powers once you've mentally made the decision, or do you have to like, date a guy first?

Or do you like level up and get stronger, the gayer you act?
    A combination of the first and the third option.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    So is the movie about her coming out of the closet?
    Out of her room and her castle, yes.

Elsa was constipated for 9/10th of the movie. Yeah, I can see INxJ.

Anna (and the bumbling Olaf) was tweaking on feelings for 10/10th of the movie. Yeah, I can see FP.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

@aalknj

Surely it is more likely that you liked the character, got caught up in a story and wished that this character were closer to yourself, as people are want to do with fiction.

So given the nature of this forum, you've come to tell us how this character is similar to an INFJ, since that is the type you consider for yourself and in doing so reinforce a sense of comforting familiarity with this piece of story-driven existence. This in turn helps to distract oneself from the more pressing reality of a brief existence of mundanity and blandness.

No worries though, most of us do it, myself included. It's why I lose myself so often in products of imagination. There's actually even a bit of irony in stories about so called 'average' people being catapulted into situations that change their lives forever and show them that they aren't so insignificant, since that's all that happens in our reality too.

It just looks like it was always going to happen because of hindsight and self-determinism you nasty little illusion, your plans cannot cover everything...admit it! Variables too small to see have you by the balls and those stories only seek to reinforce the hopelessness not disperse it.

PS: I feel sorry for ISFJ's after reading your post, you make INFJ's sound like conceited snot-gobblers.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    @aalknj

Surely it is more likely that you liked the character, got caught up in a story and wished that this character were closer to yourself, as people are want to do with fiction.

So given the nature of this forum, you've come to tell us how this character is similar to an INFJ, since that is the type you consider for yourself and in doing so reinforce a sense of comforting familiarity with this piece of story-driven existence. This in turn helps to distract oneself from the more pressing reality of a brief existence of mundanity and blandness.

No worries though, most of us do it, myself included. It's why I lose myself so often in products of imagination. There's actually even a bit of irony in stories about so called 'average' people being catapulted into situations that change their lives forever and show them that they aren't so insignificant, since that's all that happens in our reality too.

It just looks like it was always going to happen because of hindsight and self-determinism you nasty little illusion, your plans cannot cover everything...admit it! Variables too small to see have you by the balls and those stories only seek to reinforce the hopelessness not disperse it.

PS: I feel sorry for ISFJ's after reading your post, you make INFJ's sound like conceited snot-gobblers.
    So...you don't think Elsa is INFJ?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aalknj View Post
    So...you don't think Elsa is INFJ?
    I don't think she's anything. But I do see people clasping at any general trait which they approve of, that can be applied to fictional characters they like, especially those they relate to and then using theories like this to uplift themselves.

Although thinking on it, perhaps that is a good use for MBTI.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.