User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 101

  1. #21
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    She had magic ice powers, not magic mind-reading powers, therefore she can NOT be INFJ.

    Source: Vicky Jo
    From what I've seen I'm convinced that's exactly how her thought process works.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    From what I've seen I'm convinced that's exactly how her thought process works.
    Let the storm rage ooonnnnnn--the facts never bothered me anyway.

    --The Vicky Jo, The Musical

  3. #23
    Junior Member ilive2sing22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I love this. However, I think she may lean toward extroverted, but forced herself into introversion for so long that she doesn't show it as much. There are a few scenes in the movie that show Elsa being alone for long periods of time and she doesn't do well by herself, in fact gets more anxious and stressed, which makes me wonder if she is more extroverted than people think. I haven't seem anyone question her introversion ever though....so I think I'm probably way off here :P

  4. #24
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive2sing22 View Post
    I love this. However, I think she may lean toward extroverted, but forced herself into introversion for so long that she doesn't show it as much. There are a few scenes in the movie that show Elsa being alone for long periods of time and she doesn't do well by herself, in fact gets more anxious and stressed, which makes me wonder if she is more extroverted than people think. I haven't seem anyone question her introversion ever though....so I think I'm probably way off here :P
    I know what you're saying, but...I think she just became MORE withdrawn than she naturally was. Introverts can be fun and friendly too, you know? I personally think she was always a natural introvert.

    How does she solve her problems? By building a giant castle of ice in the mountains away from civilization. No one will accept her for who she is, so she's just gonna leave 'em all behind. And like any good little introvert living in their own world, she fails to notice that the entire kingdom has frozen over because of her. I think the extraverted sister reaching out to her, and getting her to consider the effect her ice-olation has on other people, serves as a good example of how an introvert can benefit from an extraverted perspective. Sometimes you have to look outside your little mind palace, beautiful though it may be.

    But also, the introverted sister helps out her extraverted sister, by putting the brakes on her engagement to Prince Douchebag. "You can't marry someone you just met!" That's where her introverted emphasis on deeper, more cautious approaches to forging relationships benefits her sister, who is easily taken in by external excitement.

    Edit: And notice the thing that brings the girls together is Olaf--he's like a bridge Ilsa builds between her and the outside world (he's frozen, but he is also alive and like shugs). In the same way, a lot of introverts use their creative powers to make works of art that bridge the gap between themselves and the rest of society. It's how a lot of introverts make themselves understood (not that extraverts aren't artistic, but you know). Olaf is an example of Ilsa using her Ni-Fe, while her ice palace represents her Ni-Ti axis.

  5. #25
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive2sing22 View Post
    I love this. However, I think she may lean toward extroverted, but forced herself into introversion for so long that she doesn't show it as much. There are a few scenes in the movie that show Elsa being alone for long periods of time and she doesn't do well by herself, in fact gets more anxious and stressed, which makes me wonder if she is more extroverted than people think. I haven't seem anyone question her introversion ever though....so I think I'm probably way off here :P
    She's an ENFP... She had to restrain herself to protect her sister and family, which forced her to act like an INFJ... but ENFP is her natural mode... whereas INFJ is the forced mode... I guess...

  6. #26
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    She's an ENFP... She had to restrain herself to protect her sister and family, which forced her to act like an INFJ... but ENFP is her natural mode... whereas INFJ is the forced mode... I guess...
    Aw, but that ruins my theory

  7. #27
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Actually our "usual" type is the one which we can function with more ease in the society I guess...

    I can function as INFJ with the "least" amount of stress\friction in the society... I have an inner ENFP side but it's weak, underdeveloped (atm) in nature... I do not have the physiological constitution to keep it functioning in society... it wouldn't\couldn't withstand society's tests and pressures...

    The thing is Elsa has both INFJ and ENFP traits...but which side is stronger...

    We see that when she's outside of society's reach, she becomes much more expressive and energetic like an ENFP... but would she be able to feel more comfortable functioning as an ENFP or INFJ when she returns to the society and it's pressures and her fears associated with them...

    I need to find ways to use my ENFP side more assertively by the way.. it's too timid... but I am nowhere as expressive and flamboyant as Elsa becomes even when I am away from people or just by myself... the INFJ side is still stronger, more adept even at those times...

    That's why I believe Elsa would be able to function as an ENFP in the society meaning that she's predominantly an ENFP...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Actually our "usual" type is the one which we can function with more ease in the society I guess...

    I can function as INFJ with the "least" amount of stress\friction in the society... I have an inner ENFP side but it's weak, underdeveloped (atm) in nature... I do not have the physiological constitution to keep it functioning in society... it wouldn't\couldn't withstand society's tests and pressures...

    The thing is Elsa has both INFJ and ENFP traits...but which side is stronger...

    We see that when she's outside of society's reach, she becomes much more expressive and energetic like an ENFP... but would she be able to feel more comfortable functioning as an ENFP or INFJ when she returns to the society and it's pressures and her fears associated with them...

    I need to find ways to use my ENFP side more assertively by the way.. it's too timid... but I am nowhere as expressive and flamboyant as Elsa becomes even when I am away from people or just by myself... the INFJ side is still stronger, more adept even at those times...

    That's why I believe Elsa would be able to function as an ENFP in the society meaning that she's predominantly an ENFP...
    Keep in mind that Elsa was a pressure cooker of emotion, effectively suppressing her Fe for years. An explosion was inevitable. I wouldn't attribute that to ENFP, which I think, due to their extroverted nature, would appear more expressive within society. I think that'd be more suited to Anna.

  9. #29
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fghw View Post
    Keep in mind that Elsa was a pressure cooker of emotion, effectively suppressing her Fe for years. An explosion was inevitable. I wouldn't attribute that to ENFP, which I think, due to their extroverted nature, would appear more expressive within society. I think that'd be more suited to Anna.
    Her keeping her (emotionally expressive) ENFP-self repressed inside is due to the INFJ mantle (and the Fe-aux associated with it) that she donned due to past trauma...

    From 0:43-0:57 in the clip, that's her Fe-aux talking...(giving more priority to other people's preferences [i.e. family])...Afterwards she's switching to Fi-aux...i.e. her ENFP self...


  10. #30
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    I think being an ENFP necessitates a strong and admirable body...in D&D terms, a high STR, CON, WIS and CHA score...A paladin perhaps?
    Last edited by yeghor; 03-30-2014 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Bolded

Similar Threads

  1. Determining whether my type is INFJ or INTJ
    By technical in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Why the INFP male is the ideal match from an ENTJ female perspective
    By Harlow_Jem in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. Why being a jerk is GOOD!
    By Katsuni in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 04:44 PM
  4. [NF] Why do (if they do) INFJ's and INFP's like each other?
    By hopeseed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM
  5. Why (sic) and What is an 'Asian'?
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO