• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Conan O'Brien

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd have said ENTP for Conan, but I do think he's probably an introvert that has learned to extrovert for his profession.

I think it's hilarious how we all see ourselves in him. I'd say he's definitely a thinker, though. His comedy, though based in silliness, is also more cerebral and contains more obscure references than most comedians, and certainly more than most talk show hosts. He also sees himself as a nerd and he makes references to bookish/nerdy things all the time. When he got a chance to visit George Lucas' studio, he pretty much had a nerdgasm. I'd say there's a pretty fair chance he's NT.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
He reacts to things like a feeler. You know just because someone is a feeler doesn't mean they are wussies. David Letterman strikes me more as an NT than Conan. Conan may also be borderline leaning more towards F.

heart

heart on fire
An INFP thinks he's INFP.
An ISFP thinks he's ISFP.
An INFJ thinks he's INFJ.

Etc.

Let's face it. He's a life-form made of space dust and Canadians.

I only think he is because he reminds very much of a male INFP I once knew, the dark/self deprecating humor covering the sensitivity and the complexity and obscure references. His humor mostly rests on "isn't this joke awful and aren't we deluded to think it is funny?" When he tells those awful "fart" type jokes, he is doing so to provoke the "ugh!" reaction and then laughs about that. The fart isn't funny, it is funny that he dared try and tell such a bad joke. It is complex.

Otherwise I would have typed him differently. There's simply no way he is a male INFJ. He is dark in humor but not dark enough to be INFJ, he's got the childlike Si thing going on and he is far too Ne to be INFJ.

I could buy INTP with well developed Fe/Si, but sensitivity seems more INFPish. The childish flavor of Si in 3rd position shows in Conan. Check the Nerd, Geek or Dork thread, as many INFP come out pure nerd as INTP. Being into bookish things and making references to them does not mean he is not a Feeler.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree that he's probably I, probably NF. I'm not certain about the P/J. He has people who make him look perfect every night. :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP for me
definitely

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
My quick read is an ENTP, but I don't watch his show often enough to be confident in my typing.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
He seems like an introvert. He has said in interviews that he needs to be alone and do soemthing serious when he gets home or else he will go crazy from the silliness and energy of the show. His humour is definitely Ne based, but I also think he has Fi, because the way he makes fun of himself seems very Fi based (making fun of himself and his identity, ect). His interest in music and art is very INFPish, too.

I'm not saying he is definitely an INFP, but I think he probably isn't an ENTP, or he is maybe some kind of INFP-ENTP hybrid (which is more plausible then yuo'd think).

heart

heart on fire
I could never buy ENTP for Conan. I see zero use of Fe.

He could be ENFP, but more likely INFP.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Yah, I don't see any Fe either. I think he has also said in interviews that he was awkward as a child because he was a bookish geek, which is open for interpretation I guess.

heart

heart on fire
He also seems more introverted than extroverted. Check out his "personal life" section in wikipedia. lol it's like married, two children, practicing roman catholic. That's it!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are we really saying that someone with Fi make fun of themselves ?
isn't that just introverted judging, period ?

perhaps its just a trait that is independent of the 8 (dys)functions

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
In what sense is it a trait of introverted judging in general?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In what sense is it a trait of introverted judging in general?

the world of the native is put under scrutiny, opposed to extroverted judgement

meh-damn semantics

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
he's most definitely not a sensor (otherwise I'd never watch him or get his humor)

His humor is like the only humor I "get" and I'm a sensor.

Yeah I didn't get that either. I'm a fairly high S and I love Conan. he's my favorite. My guess for him is ISFP.

ygolo

My termites win
Well, this source has him as EN*P (which was what my first impression was--ENTP in particular). It would be interesting to compare the real-life Conan with how he is on the show.