• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like an ESTP.

R

Riva

Which one? The one from the DC comics, the old movies or the new ones?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Joker is a crazy and insane ENTP with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

R

Riva

But the joker reeks of Se.

The joker (Health Ledger) in the Dark Knight is a classic ENTP. There are lengthy discussions in this thread.

Regarding your post: Ne doms have their intuition directed outside/towards the environment. Therefore their actions are mostly directed in accomplishing sensory (Se) needs which makes them highly Se oriented/capable. However their thoughts are imaginary (Ne: making imaginary connections) therefore usually their thought processes are unique or humorous and different from that of Se doms: especially in ENTPs.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

The joker (Health Ledger) in the Dark Knight is a classic ENTP. There are lengthy discussions in this thread.

Regarding your post: Ne doms have their intuition directed outside/towards the environment. Therefore their actions are mostly directed in accomplishing sensory (Se) needs which makes them highly Se oriented/capable. However their thoughts are imaginary (Ne: making imaginary connections) therefore usually their thought processes are unique or humorous and different from that of Se doms: especially in ENTPs.

Hmm. :rly???:

R

Riva

Yes. Just read that thread. There are some good posts in it as I recall.

Edit -

Anyway going back to Ne doms (esp ENTPs) I think they are lucky because they have best of both worlds because their intuition is making induces connections between what is real or what isn't and making them quite capable of the sensory/immediate world due to that same reason. (They have good grasp of the sensory world to meet their needs though absent minded they sometimes are.) However their Se isn't as strong as ESPs making them less athletic and has hand eye cordination to a lesser degree than Se doms which is why there seems to be more Se dom athletes than Ne doms. The reason for this is their Ne has to make Se connection; unlike in Se doms who make immediate observations and take Se based reflex actions.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Yes. Just read that thread. There are some good posts in it as I recall.

Oh I'm not saying I disagree. I can see what you mean, I just haven't really given it much thought. Will read thread now.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Joker is a definite ENTP. I honestly don't see how one can see him as an ESTP at all. He's far too random and abstract-minded to be an SP, regardless of the version being discussed. Heck, even when you get past the character's thought process, he doesn't even give off the ESTP vibe. He has the strangely charismatic/know-it-all/slightly nerdy feel that the most typical ENTPs have.

nothing that abstract could run on dominant Se.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Joker is a definite ENTP. I honestly don't see how one can see him as an ESTP at all. He's far too random and abstract-minded to be an SP, regardless of the version being discussed. Heck, even when you get past the character's thought process, he doesn't even give off the ESTP vibe. He has the strangely charismatic/know-it-all/slightly nerdy feel that the most typical ENTPs have.

nothing that abstract could run on dominant Se.

What he said. Definite ENTP, folks.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The rowers certainly aren't showing any signs that they are slowing.

Alea_iacta_est

FOR THE HEATH LEDGER JOKER

ENTP who has problems with foresight due to AsPD (mainly in the impulsitivity and failure to learn from mistakes characteristics) with Masochistic (Self-Defeating), Schizotypal, and Sadistic features.

Definite ENTP: Terrifyingly sadistically creative, able to outwit people but mainly improvises along the way due to his lack of far foresight. Doesn't believe that he's doing the right thing (like a J would), proclaims himself a symbol of chaos and anarchy. Highly nontraditional, as evident by the burning money, the criminal revolution, and the attack of the police station itself.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see ESTP finely.

How, may I ask?
I can't, and I'm even squinting.

If there's one thing The Joker fundamentally isn't, it's a sensor. He's all about acting on these crazy patterns he sees in his head, and improvising seemingly abstract schemes on the spot. Nothing about The Joker is concrete or based in reality. The whole "abstract, unpredictable evil" thing is like the basis for his whole shtick. How could that ever describe a sensor dom? The only version of The Joker I've ever heard someone attempt to type as ESTP is Jack Nicholson's take, and Jack's an ESTP himself. That's not a coincidence.

I mean, really. How is this character a sensor? Everything that makes him unique, scary, and iconic restricts him to being an intuitive.

(You know, I just realized that nobody who guessed ESTP has actually given an argument for it. Am I being trolled?)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

How, may I ask?
I can't, and I'm even squinting.

If there's one thing The Joker fundamentally isn't, it's a sensor. He's all about acting on these crazy patterns he sees in his head, and improvising seemingly abstract schemes on the spot. Nothing about The Joker is concrete or based in reality. The whole "abstract, unpredictable evil" thing is like the basis for his whole shtick. How could that ever describe a sensor dom? The only version of The Joker I've ever heard someone attempt to type as ESTP is Jack Nicholson's take, and Jack's an ESTP himself. That's not a coincidence.

I mean, really. How is this character a sensor? Everything that makes him unique, scary, and iconic restricts him to being an intuitive.

(You know, I just realized that nobody who guessed ESTP has actually given an argument for it. Am I being trolled?)

ESTP for sure.