User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 92

Thread: The Joker

  1. #71
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    My answer is yes. But I'd probably pull off something more closely related to the movie "saw" or the "Hunger Games."
    I haven't watched the sequel of the hunger games if that't what you are referring to, because i didn't notice anything elaborate by anyone in the first.

    The plots by the villain in saw (the terminally ill cancer patient) however are elaborate as i recall. Tbh i can't imagine you pulling something like that off because he is definitely not a type who'd say fuck you to your face. P

    Shit the rest of the post didn't get saved.

    Edti - intuitive doms are the best planners with intjs being in the front. The reason for this is being N doms they have better grasp of their secondary functions. This is becuase they can have a grasp of their secondary functions without any tangible realizations or proofs (which is basically S). Their plans and plots to accomplish these plans need only to be in their heads and they could go without any realizations/proof of accomplishments. They would be a torment for S types and for types with strong feeling functions.

    Intjs vs entps the entps have a comparative disadvantage because they are extroverted their tert is fe and they wouldn't be able to go song long without extrverted-feedback and their fe would kick and scream in pain when their extroverted feedback realize that people's opinions aren't positive towards their actions and themselves. The plans of intjs could suffer if their plans or the actions needed to accomplish their plans breach their personal ethics/fi. However since their main extroversion is Te they would way the pros and cons/Te when their extroversion supplies them with feedback. So even if their wife threatens to divorce them regarding a certain action they are about to take they would consider the pros and cons of the repercussions of the actions and the wife divorcing them before deciding to back off .

    The plots of intjs (not so sure about infjs though theoretically it should be) are sequential with each and every step revealing itself after the realization of the one before. (Yes of ourse they would forgo and cut corners on certain instances in a te manner when needed to.) Entps however ALTHOUGH WOULD HAVE A CLEAR END GOAL would plan and change plans as the situation arises. This method is consistent in all TPs. However they do (as did the joker) have a clear goal and them being N doms doesn't need short term realizations (S based) to stay on track/staying true to the final goal.

  2. #72
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I haven't watched the sequel of the hunger games if that't what you are referring to, because i didn't notice anything elaborate by anyone in the first.

    The plots by the villain in saw (the terminally ill cancer patient) however are elaborate as i recall. Tbh i can't imagine you pulling something like that off because he is definitely not a type who'd say fuck you to your face. P

    Shit the rest of the post didn't get saved.

    Edti - intuitive doms are the best planners with intjs being in the front. The reason for this is being N doms they have better grasp of their secondary functions. This is becuase they can have a grasp of their secondary functions without any tangible realizations or proofs (which is basically S). Their plans and plots to accomplish these plans need only to be in their heads and they could go without any realizations/proof of accomplishments. They would be a torment for S types and for types with strong feeling functions.

    Intjs vs entps the entps have a comparative disadvantage because they are extroverted their tert is fe and they wouldn't be able to go song long without extrverted-feedback and their fe would kick and scream in pain when their extroverted feedback realize that people's opinions aren't positive towards their actions and themselves. The plans of intjs could suffer if their plans or the actions needed to accomplish their plans breach their personal ethics/fi. However since their main extroversion is Te they would way the pros and cons/Te when their extroversion supplies them with feedback. So even if their wife threatens to divorce them regarding a certain action they are about to take they would consider the pros and cons of the repercussions of the actions and the wife divorcing them before deciding to back off .

    The plots of intjs (not so sure about infjs though theoretically it should be) are sequential with each and every step revealing itself after the realization of the one before. (Yes of ourse they would forgo and cut corners on certain instances in a te manner when needed to.) Entps however ALTHOUGH WOULD HAVE A CLEAR END GOAL would plan and change plans as the situation arises. This method is consistent in all TPs. However they do (as did the joker) have a clear goal and them being N doms doesn't need short term realizations (S based) to stay on track/staying true to the final goal.
    Hmm, you true. perhaps the jiggsaw is entj or istj or something.

  3. #73
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Are people saying he's Se because of the "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one" speech?

    Plenty of Ne doms seem that way too. I would say it's common to being dominant extraverted perceiving. My guess is that he's a 7 (not saying 7s are evil, just that he seems like one), given his motivations. He doesn't want to control or be in charge of anything. He just likes the sport.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  4. #74
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Are people saying he's Se because of the "I'm like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught one" speech?

    Plenty of Ne doms seem that way too. I would say it's common to being dominant extraverted perceiving. My guess is that he's a 7 (not saying 7s are evil, just that he seems like one), given his motivations. He doesn't want to control or be in charge of anything. He just likes the sport.

    I'm pretty sure that's one of my perennial maxims.

  5. #75
    Member Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    The Joker in The Dark Knight is the most ENTP ENTP who ever ENTPd. The Joker is an example of someone who took the MBTI test and scored 100% E, 100% N, 100% T and 100% P. So he basically is the most extreme an ENTP can be. Some of the other versions of The Joker may be an S, but this one is N to the Nth. (Consider the scene where he burns the pile of money - he does not care about material things at all. Not to mention all those ranty, idea-filled, Ne-ish speeches he gave.)

    But F??? Seriously????? SERIOUSLY???? "Their morals, their code... It's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble." The ENTIRE POINT OF THE MOVIE was that The Joker has no feelings or morals or values at all, and he wanted to prove that everyone else was the same way. He is a psychopath you see. Did you guys even watch the movie? And if you did, what were you smoking when you did? If The Joker is an F, the MBTI is useless because it doesn't work.

    I think some of you guys just take the cognitive functions and this "shadow" nonsense way, way, way too literally and seriously, to the point where you end up with types that don't describe the person at all, hence defeating the entire purpose of typing in the first place. The number one question to ask is: What would the person score if he took the test? The Joker would not score as an FJ for Christ's sake. That is absurd and goes against every single thing he said and did.

  6. #76
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    @Debaser Hitler was F and MBTI still works.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  7. #77
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    @Debase Hitler was F and MBTI still works.
    I can confirm.

  8. #78
    Member Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    @Debaser Hitler was F and MBTI still works.
    Sure he was. The difference is that Hitler did have feelings, morals, values, passions, causes, ideals and people he cared about and he made decisions based on them. The fact that they differed from (most of) ours is irrelevant. If Hitler was a T, there would be more cause for concern. This has absolutely nothing to do with The Joker, who is unequivocally a T and is extremely different from Hitler. He just wanted to watch the world burn, whereas Hitler wanted to make the world better in his own twisted way. It makes a lot of sense that they are different types. The point is that there is absolutely no logical reason for The Joker to be an F and plenty of crystal clear logical reasons that he is not, not that you have to be a "good" person to be an F. That's not true and it's not what I said.

  9. #79
    Member Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    xNTJ
    Posts
    47

    Default

    And for what it's worth, The Joker really hates Nazis:

    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #80
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    Sure he was. The difference is that Hitler did have feelings, morals, values, passions, causes, ideals and people he cared about and he made decisions based on them. The fact that they differed from (most of) ours is irrelevant. If Hitler was a T, there would be more cause for concern. This has absolutely nothing to do with The Joker, who is unequivocally a T and is extremely different from Hitler. It makes a lot of sense that they are different types. The point is that there is absolutely no logical reason for The Joker to be an F and plenty of crystal clear logical reasons that he is not, not that you have to be a "good" person to be an F. That's not true and it's not what I said.
    I wouldn't say there are no arguments for the Joker being a F. The Joker's goal is to show people's immorality. That's how I interpret the movie and I think this is based more on internal values than logical reasoning.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Similar Threads

  1. The Joker (the Dark Knight)
    By TickTock in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 11:21 AM
  2. 12 Dead: The Joker Would Have Wanted This
    By WALMART in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM
  3. Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter vs Heath Ledger's 'The Joker'?
    By goodgrief in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 03:14 AM
  4. Hannibal Lecter vs Heath Ledgers 'The Joker'?
    By goodgrief in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 12:05 AM
  5. The Joker
    By jixmixfix in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO