User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: The Joker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I think there's at least 1 staunch defender of the ESTP theory who's posted in this thread, so ENTP may still be more of a convincing alternative to ENFP.

Why have I not said ENFP? I guess it's because if he was an unhealthy ENFP to the point of displaying his more callous characteristics, I don't think he would be functional enough to accomplish his goals.

Honestly, if you look deep enough he could be whatever you want him to be haha. He's not a balanced character, so he's got a little bit of everything. That's why I chose to type based on what he displayed the most. He came up ENTP for me. Am I biased? Honestly, who could say

But seriously, if you're going to go as far as to type him an ExTP, how does it make sense to go with S? I don't see the logic. Like I said earlier, just look at the history. He's a character founded on abstract, chaotic, unpredictable principles. It's a mainstay of almost every version every written/portrayed. But yeah, he's a sensor

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Honestly, if you look deep enough he could be whatever you want him to be haha. He's not a balanced character, so he's got a little bit of everything. That's why I chose to type based on what he displayed the most. He came up ENTP for me. Am I biased? Honestly, who could say

But seriously, if you're going to go as far as to type him an ExTP, how does it make sense to go with S? I don't see the logic. Like I said earlier, just look at the history. He's a character founded on abstract, chaotic, unpredictable principles. It's a mainstay of almost every version every written/portrayed. But yeah, he's a sensor
    Sure. I think SHADOW actually suites him quite nicely for the bolded reason. He is the villain, after all.

/still reading into it

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Any deeper and we're gonna hit bone

I'm telling you guys, let's just all agree Joker's MBTI type is SHADOW. I feel like that a nice compromise. I wrote a haiku and everything

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Any deeper and we're gonna hit bone

I'm telling you guys, let's just all agree Joker's MBTI type is SHADOW. I feel like that a nice compromise. I wrote a haiku and everything
    SHDW

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    SHDW
    Couldn't have condensed it better myself!

Ginkgo

entp

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    I think the joker somehow resonates with E6's in some way.
    Possibly because the character, in the Nolan films, is almost the actualisation of the secret, ( or not so secret), intense insecurity of 6's. That everything is just smoke and mirrors, that it can all just be blown down with one push.

In a way it lets the world see what might be going on in a 6's head, albeit this is physically represented by the destruction The Joker wreaks in the film, internally it is the constant questioning and deconstruction of all that we see. A system is only as strong as people's belief in reinforcing it, they don't really exist, much like moral codes.

But for people who consider this, that's not a problem, it allows one, when healthy at least, to understand where a system ends and humanity begins. The frightening thought is what happens to those who do not normally consider such angles, who are suddenly pushed to do so...for them everything unravels and the world becomes an immaterial realm of madness and uncertainty. For a 6 I find that is a normal state to skate over.

However I am not saying ONLY or even ALL 6's might be this way, just perhaps my projection of myself maybe. Although poor old Harvey Dent didn't do so well once he was ...'pushed'. Then again that kind of push might affect anyone badly.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Possibly because the character, in the Nolan films, is almost the actualisation of the secret, ( or not so secret), intense insecurity of 6's. That everything is just smoke and mirrors, that it can all just be blown down with one push.

In a way it lets the world see what might be going on in a 6's head, albeit this is physically represented by the destruction The Joker wreaks in the film, internally it is the constant questioning and deconstruction of all that we see. A system is only as strong as people's belief in reinforcing it, they don't really exist, much like moral codes.

But for people who consider this, that's not a problem, it allows one, when healthy at least, to understand where a system ends and humanity begins. The frightening thought is what happens to those who do not normally consider such angles, who are suddenly pushed to do so...for them everything unravels and the world becomes an immaterial realm of madness and uncertainty. For a 6 I find that is a normal state to skate over.

However I am not saying ONLY or even ALL 6's might be this way, just perhaps my projection of myself maybe. Although poor old Harvey Dent didn't do so well once he was ...'pushed'. Then again that kind of push might affect anyone badly.
    hmm... cool. I'll have to think about the metaphor.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

In Socionics, The Joker would be ENTp but Bane would be ESTp....

At least if we're looking at the Christopher Nolan series.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety