User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Bruce Robertson of Irvine Welsh's Filth

I'm in the middle of the book Filth by Irvine Welsh and I can't determine Bruce Robertson's type. I have seen him typed as an INFP or ENFP but so far I can only see an extremely unhealthy ENFP. Any suggestions on his type? Please no spoilers as I want to be surprised to the end of the book.
    The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

So no one has read the books or seen the movie?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Filth 2013

I have posted this before. What do you think is Bruce Robertson's type? You can also type the other characters.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5W6
    Socionics
    ILI

I saw a movie the week or two ago. He's definitely hard to peg, probably because we're seeing his shadow functions a lot of the time from the stress he's under in his personal life, career life, and possibly drug use.

But, I haven't read the book, which would give a much greater insight into who he actually is. I think it's possible that he's actually more dominantly a thinker than a feeler naturally, as he doesn't seem to be the best at processing and expressing his emotions. Also, I think he's more dominantly a judging type. I wanna say either an INTJ or ENTJ.
    “You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence Mckenna

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Well ENTJ was my intitial typing of him but by the end of the book I was doubtful about his type. He's the only character I have a problem with. Well here you are going to learn more about his backstory from the book http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Filth, unless you want to read it which I highly recommend.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5W6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-ME View Post
    Well ENTJ was my intitial typing of him but by the end of the book I was doubtful about his type. He's the only character I have a problem with. Well here you are going to learn more about his backstory from the book http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Filth, unless you want to read it which I highly recommend.
    Wow, the book seems like a great read. He's a very interesting character and hard to place. I think based on the descriptions of the cognitive functions on wikipedia, he could quite possibly be an ESFP. Se Fi Te Ni.
    “You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence Mckenna

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Well I think he could be an ENFP haunted by his inferior Si, as he constantly relives childhood insults and slights.
    He has Ne because he is excellent at reading between the lines and discerning what remains unsaid. He instinctively knows when others are going to betray him, as well as how to target their weak spots.
    Well his Fi is clear in his own fears and failings, and the images of his past are a constant reminder of his weaknesses. He also has Te as he decides what he wants, makes a plan, and sets it into motion. He likes to have full control of his surroundings.