• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

James Gandolfini

yeghor

I think IS?J 6w5 or 9w1 Sp/So.

I've just learned from a friend who's into Tv Series Sopranos that James Gandolfini has passed away. It came a bit as a shock cause I've never imagined him passing away at such a young age.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think IS?J 6w5 or 9w1 Sp/So.

An introvert? Really? And a 6 or 9?

:doh:

"Tony was a kind of cross between Marlon Brando's Stanley Kowalski and Carroll O'Connor's Archie Bunker, a raging id of greed and lust who could make you laugh at the clumsiness of his surgically precise malapropisms. Tony was 'with that Senator Sanitorium' on the issue of gay rights; revenge, he believed, was like 'serving cold cuts'." (James Gandolfini: The Real Life of the Man Who Made Tony Soprano by Dan Bischoff)

Yeah, not a 6 or 9. Try 8. Now figure out the rest.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About Gandolfini's (Jamie's) teen years: 'Julie had an off-and-on flirtation with Jamie, “like middle school love,” she said. “It started
petering out in high school. He went off to college and I really didn’t see him again.” But she doesn’t
remember him ever being serious about a girl. Girls maybe he was serious about, but not a girl. He
never stuck with one girl through a whole year. Gandolfini would be voted “Best Looking” and
“Biggest Flirt” in his senior year, and those jokey titles really seem to have been pretty well
accepted, at least in retrospect. Whatever his appeal was to girls in those days, it was “nothing like
the appeal he had on The Sopranos,” Luce says. “That was a role he was playing. It was completely
out of character for the guy we knew in school.”'

But did Luce really know the Jamie she went to high school with? -

'And yet, he acknowledged several times that he’d made Tony [Soprano] up out of his own biography. “The
character is a good fit,” Gandolfini said. “Obviously, I’m not a mobster, and there’s other aspects of
the guy I’m not familiar with, like how comfortable he is with violence. But in most of the ways that
count, I have to say, yeah—the guy is me.'"

yeghor

About Gandolfini's (Jamie's) teen years: 'Julie had an off-and-on flirtation with Jamie, “like middle school love,” she said. “It started
petering out in high school. He went off to college and I really didn’t see him again.” But she doesn’t
remember him ever being serious about a girl. Girls maybe he was serious about, but not a girl. He
never stuck with one girl through a whole year. Gandolfini would be voted “Best Looking” and
“Biggest Flirt” in his senior year, and those jokey titles really seem to have been pretty well
accepted, at least in retrospect. Whatever his appeal was to girls in those days, it was “nothing like
the appeal he had on The Sopranos,” Luce says. “That was a role he was playing. It was completely
out of character for the guy we knew in school.”'

But did Luce really know the Jamie she went to high school with? -

'And yet, he acknowledged several times that he’d made Tony [Soprano] up out of his own biography. “The
character is a good fit,” Gandolfini said. “Obviously, I’m not a mobster, and there’s other aspects of
the guy I’m not familiar with, like how comfortable he is with violence. But in most of the ways that
count, I have to say, yeah—the guy is me.'"

He reminds me of ESFP.