• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Madonna

Madonna

• ESTP

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ISFP

• ESTJ

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ENFP

• INFP

• ENFJ

• INFJ

• ENTP

• INTP

• ENTJ

• INTJ

• Total voters

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
She's either ESTP or ENTJ, and I can't decide which. On the one hand she is an aggressive and driven innovator that you get from an ENTJ. On the other hand these traits are not unknown to ESTP and the way she promotes herself is very like Se dominants. I'm pretty sure she is one of these two types, but I'm not sure which.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think ENFJ. She's constantly re-inventing herself, one day she's a dominatrix the next day a British housewife, and she always has a definite plan for what she wants to accomplish and does it. She has set musical trends rather than following them, so she seems to be very forward-thinking to me and constantly thinking of how next to get people's attention. Her choices don't seem to be logic-based though, much more the emotions of what and where she feels is best to go next.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTx. I don't know enough about her to make the final call.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's either ESTP or ENTJ, and I can't decide which. On the one hand she is an aggressive and driven innovator that you get from an ENTJ. On the other hand these traits are not unknown to ESTP and the way she promotes herself is very like Se dominants. I'm pretty sure she is one of these two types, but I'm not sure which.

And ENTx types aren't self-promoters? :huh:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
And ENTx types aren't self-promoters? :huh:

I mean the fashion that she promotes heself is like an ESTP, not that other types don't promote themselves in different ways too. If I had to lean one way though it would be toward ENTJ, but she's so much like an ESTP too, that I can't really say which she is.

I think my main reason I see her as an ENTJ is that she was something of a pioneer to her performance style. All these female pop singers like Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera are basically emulating Madonna with some slight variation. Madonna is basically the reason why there are so many slutty pop singers now a days. :D

cirquesolo

MBTI Type
ENTP
Judging by this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT922ppwzes&feature=related

I think she's a mature ENFP, they can look like ESTJs once they focus on ENFP goals and develop further functions (they share all the same functions in different order)

Her thoughts are so broad and sprawling, and she epitomizes ideals and the idea of femininity and pop culture rather than the pure sensual characteristics.

Being an Idealist would explain her perfectionism and in my opinion her popularity with drag queens who also champion an idea, a concept of femininity.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP definitely
and that letterman interview is HILARIOUS

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Judging by this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT922ppwzes&feature=related

I think she's a mature ENFP, they can look like ESTJs once they focus on ENFP goals and develop further functions (they share all the same functions in different order)

Her thoughts are so broad and sprawling, and she epitomizes ideals and the idea of femininity and pop culture rather than the pure sensual characteristics.

Being an Idealist would explain her perfectionism and in my opinion her popularity with drag queens who also champion an idea, a concept of femininity.

That's a great interview. She is very likable. Still say ESTP though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP 3w4 Sx/So. Strong-willed and directives peoples are nor necessarly J, dudes.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
3w4 sx/so, but an istp.

Why all the "def estp" posts?

KDude

3w4 sx/so, but an istp.

Why all the "def estp" posts?

I don't know if she's definitely ESTP, but there's a pretty big difference between ISTPs and Madonna, I'll say that much. We can even get past all of the media personality stuff that might cloud issues, and just look at how she was in early films. Still very ambitious, cocky, playful, leading.. things that point to signs that she isn't exactly introverted. She wanted to conquer the world even then. If I had to pick someone that strikes me as an ISTP (maybe INTP) musician, it'd be Mira Arroyo of Ladytron (not that I'm making a definite typing, but she strikes me as more Ti dom/inferior Fe than Madonna). And maybe Keith Richards would be as gregarious as ISTP gets.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if she's definitely ESTP, but there's a pretty big difference between ISTPs and Madonna, I'll say that much. We can even get past all of the media personality stuff that might cloud issues, and just look at how she was in early films. Still very ambitious, cocky, playful, leading.. things that point to signs that she isn't exactly introverted. She wanted to conquer the world even then. If I had to pick someone that strikes me as an ISTP (maybe INTP) musician, it'd be Mira Arroyo of Ladytron (not that I'm making a definite typing, but she strikes me as more Ti dom/inferior Fe than Madonna). And maybe Keith Richards would be as gregarious as ISTP gets.

Yeah Keith Richards strikes me as pretty quiet, chill, and laid-back, I've suspected he was an ISTP, he looks like a badass who could care less . Anyways, I think Madanna is ESTP, she seems very Se dominant, she's very aware of the current trends, morphing and changing her image to "make an impression", she likes to push people's buttons with her image, bussiness savy, take-charge. ESTPs have always seemed rather J-ish to me, the are called doers after all, some of them can easily be mistaken for ENTJs, as both types can be aggressive, taking charge and leading, wanting to get stuff done promptly(although ESTPs are noticeably more flexible than ENTJs).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why ESTJ?

Because...

ESTJ.gif
20090222-MadonnaattheVanityFairOscarParty5.jpg