• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Hyacinth Bucket (Keeping Up Appearances)?

What type is Hyacinth Bucket?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• INFP

• INFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • ESFP

• ESTJ

• ESTP

• ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

• ENTP

• Total voters

sporty

MBTI Type
ESFP
Hyacinth Bucket is a fictional character in the British sitcom Keeping Up Appearances, portrayed by Patricia Routledge. I think she's definitely an extrovert and the world would be a better place if there were more people like her that liked throwing parties, suppers for their friends and constantly inviting them for a cup of tea. :)
kua03_171.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg i love that show...i used to watch several British comedies in a row. what was the other one called with the retail shop? love <3 and the one with the alien super hero :laugh:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESFJ for sure.

The poor ESFJs gets such terrible representations of the types in fiction.

sporty

MBTI Type
ESFP
ESFJ for sure.

The poor ESFJs gets such terrible representations of the types in fiction.
Well, I find her very likable for a friend/acquaintance. I know she's over the top and too judging, but at least she is enthusiastic and ACTUALLY enjoys being with people. I think Hyacinth is actually quite decent considering alot of the characters on the show treat her like she's a freak of nautre or something lol. They're just too introverted for her. I don't think a normal person would refuse a supper invite, even if you're not that keen of a person like Hyacinth, what would you do - stay at home? Well, I didn't like some of my friends very much either but I was very happy when they invited me to their houses.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Don't get me wrong, she's hilarious, and an entertaining character to watch. I just don't think she's the most flattering ESFJ character, but then the ESFJs may disagree. I would feel the same about Basil Fawlty if I was a xSTJ. :newwink:

sporty

MBTI Type
ESFP
So ESFJs are the ones most preoccupied with their social standing?

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Haha... this show. good times. yeah. =P

I love how she is practically unaware of people's true opinions about her (or about almost anything, really), and yet she has the audacity to criticize her family (the ones who live with the broken telly in the beaten up apartment).

beverlyhills

A talkative ISFJ. She's oblivious to other people and she cares about only her internal feelings. :)

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I let my mom take the test and she's an Esfj. I sometimes even call her Hyacinth when she goes in overdrive. She's like a caricature of my mom.
I really loved that show, probably for that reason.

[MENTION=19905]sporty[/MENTION] : yes definitely.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Well, I find her very likable for a friend/acquaintance. I know she's over the top and too judging, but at least she is enthusiastic and ACTUALLY enjoys being with people. I think Hyacinth is actually quite decent considering alot of the characters on the show treat her like she's a freak of nautre or something lol. They're just too introverted for her. I don't think a normal person would refuse a supper invite, even if you're not that keen of a person like Hyacinth, what would you do - stay at home? Well, I didn't like some of my friends very much either but I was very happy when they invited me to their houses.

mkay. those are probably her good sides yeah. BUT you forgot to mention that she will also insult you to your core during her candle-light dinner and judge your every move !
Can't think of a more judgemental character than BUCKET :p

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
omg i love that show...i used to watch several British comedies in a row. what was the other one called with the retail shop? love <3 and the one with the alien super hero :laugh:

Would that be Open All Hours with the late great, Ronnie Barker? And the other one is My Hero, I think.

Oh but there is also Are you being served. I suspect the retail one is more likely to be that show.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would that be Open All Hours with the late great, Ronnie Barker? And the other one is My Hero, I think.

Oh but there is also Are you being served. I suspect the retail one is more likely to be that show.

yep it is. exactly. are you being served and my hero. those were awesome. and the one with miss bucket (bouquet)