User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 47

  1. #21
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    'Liberal left' here -- whatever that means.

    I think Fe goes well with socialism...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  2. #22
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    Why do you say this? I think the correlation is perfectly obvious. NTs should tend towards libertarian views (this does not mean ALL NTs, nor does it mean NTs are strict libertarians, but the general tendancy should be valid).

    The key tenant of libertarianism is that people should more or less be left to their own devices as long as they don't stomp all over others in the process. Such an approach seems emminently logical to me in general, so it appeals to my NT worldview although I am not a strict libertarian. I would expect other NTs to feel the same way, and this article seems to confirm my expectation.
    Yeah, what you are highlighting here is an emotional attachment to an ideology, it would strike me as fired by introversion and feeling/emoting.

    The reason why I think that there isnt a correlation is that there classic ASSumption in libertarianism is that its rational, patently rational, your own reductivist description is illustrative of what I'm talking about but that has been blown apart by left and right wing critics YEARS ago, when that satanic creedo emerged in its first form, classical economics and classical liberalism.

    On the right wing Southy, Coleridge and others attacked it as promoting class struggles or favouring certain classes in those struggles and having all sorts of unintended consequences, on the left Marx and others attacked it as by no means a scientific theory or attempt at scientific theorising any longer but an ideology serving certain vested interests and social classes (this could equally be said of socialism in practice but that's another question).

    If you're a thinker at all you're not going to be too satisfied by an ideology and much less a shallow and naive one such as libertarianism.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    So these people who have posted in this thread(including me) are a bunch of idiots because you disagree with the comments,
    Nope, not because they are my comments but because they are mistaken. Wilfully.

    how about instead of acting like a self-righteous know it all try offering counter valid points instead of personally insulting people, I'm so tried of that bullshit on this forum(like in that pathetic Everyday Sexism thread). There are people who are ignorant(we have to start at somewhere) but willing to learn more but when they encounter this crap on this forum it will turn many off and why not.
    Is there a hash tag for useless emoting?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    I lived with an ESTP and my mom is ISFP. They were both strongly Republican in the last election. If I said anything suggesting that there were negatives to the Republicans, I would get a long frustrating lecture on how I was mistaken.

    So no...this is a huge generalization of people...

    But heh, typology here mostly ends up being trait-fitting, rigid dichotomous thinking, over-generalizing, and stereotypes anyway, so yeah this is probably about right for what the theory is capable of doing.

    I consider myself ISFJ and I believe a benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government, making me a die-hard independent. Bet no one saw that coming.

  5. #25
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, what you are highlighting here is an emotional attachment to an ideology, it would strike me as fired by introversion and feeling/emoting.

    The reason why I think that there isnt a correlation is that there classic ASSumption in libertarianism is that its rational, patently rational, your own reductivist description is illustrative of what I'm talking about but that has been blown apart by left and right wing critics YEARS ago, when that satanic creedo emerged in its first form, classical economics and classical liberalism.

    On the right wing Southy, Coleridge and others attacked it as promoting class struggles or favouring certain classes in those struggles and having all sorts of unintended consequences, on the left Marx and others attacked it as by no means a scientific theory or attempt at scientific theorising any longer but an ideology serving certain vested interests and social classes (this could equally be said of socialism in practice but that's another question).

    If you're a thinker at all you're not going to be too satisfied by an ideology and much less a shallow and naive one such as libertarianism.

    So you think that all NTs would disown a political ideology because "right wing Southy, Coleridge and others attacked it"

    I have to be honest, I had quite a time trying to understand what the hell you were trying to say. Partly because the point you were trying to make was supported by only your opinion and the sporadic opinions of others, and partly because your grammar is horrid. It had absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand: Does the NT temperament have correlation with Libertarian views? All you did was tell me why YOU disagree with their views haha. You don't get to speak on behalf of all NTs (thank God).

    If making the word 'ass' in the word 'assumption' even more obvious to the naked eye is the most you can contribute to this debate, then I welcome you to exit before you embarrass yourself even more.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I disagreed with you. Can you care to explain exactly why you're so against the idea that the NT temperament can have correlations with Libertarian views?

    Instead of saying how mistaken you think we are, how about you prove, with concrete evidence, why we're mistaken


    (When you finally figure out it's merely your opinion and not fact, I'll gladly accept your ham-fisted apology haha)
    You'll be a long time waiting, if you were interested you could read the thread and find the posts, the same as if you were interested you could read any of the myriad sources there out there when forming your opinion instead of going with, you know, what feels right and giving it some backing from poor MBTI supposition.

    Or you could carry on trying to appear smart when you're out classed. Up to you.

  7. #27
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I responded by editing my prior post. The 'reply wasn't working for whatever reason. Now that it is, I've copy and pasted it. Have at it, Lark.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, what you are highlighting here is an emotional attachment to an ideology, it would strike me as fired by introversion and feeling/emoting.

    The reason why I think that there isnt a correlation is that there classic ASSumption in libertarianism is that its rational, patently rational, your own reductivist description is illustrative of what I'm talking about but that has been blown apart by left and right wing critics YEARS ago, when that satanic creedo emerged in its first form, classical economics and classical liberalism.

    On the right wing Southy, Coleridge and others attacked it as promoting class struggles or favouring certain classes in those struggles and having all sorts of unintended consequences, on the left Marx and others attacked it as by no means a scientific theory or attempt at scientific theorising any longer but an ideology serving certain vested interests and social classes (this could equally be said of socialism in practice but that's another question).

    If you're a thinker at all you're not going to be too satisfied by an ideology and much less a shallow and naive one such as libertarianism.

    So you think that all NTs would disown a political ideology because "right wing Southy, Coleridge and others attacked it"..

    I have to be honest, I had quite a time trying to understand what the hell you were trying to say. Partly because the point you were trying to make was supported by only your opinion and the sporadic opinions of others, and partly because your grammar is horrid. It had absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand: Does the NT temperament have correlation with Libertarian views? All you did was tell me why YOU disagree with their views haha. You don't get to speak on behalf of all NTs (thank God).

    If making the word 'ass' in the word 'assumption' even more obvious to the naked eye is the most you can contribute to this debate, then I welcome you to exit before you embarrass yourself even more.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I responded by editing my prior post.
    I've responded by putting you on ignore, who the hell do you think you are editing my posts?

  9. #29
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Hey dipsh*t, I said MY prior post xD

  10. #30
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is there a hash tag for useless emoting?
    Kind of an ironic statement huh, from the way you responded to the thread, it seems like you got somehow personally offended by being associated with an ideology you loath, I don't know you that much but from reading your posts and the times I've commented with you the way you reacted seems kind of surprising and uncharacteristic, is this shadow Lark or something.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Type and I.Q.
    By RansomedbyFire in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1059
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 08:04 AM
  2. MBTI type and political affiliation?
    By Triglav in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-27-2016, 07:35 AM
  3. MBTI Types and Political Parties
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. MBTI type and Hypnotizability
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO