User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 47

  1. #11
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    The correlations of NT and libertarianism is dumb, its the same as the "All NTs are corporate execs or they are not NTs" logic and even poorer thinking that I've encountered on this forum, for a while I'd hoped it was something to do with age group or a pretty superficial but expansive knowledge of MBTI or psychology generally but I'm not even sure of that anymore, I think its just dumb.

    And a lot of people are happy being dumb and having as much information as possible to support their dumb opinions.

  2. #12
    Senior Member SensEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTp
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The correlations of NT and libertarianism is dumb, ...
    Why do you say this? I think the correlation is perfectly obvious. NTs should tend towards libertarian views (this does not mean ALL NTs, nor does it mean NTs are strict libertarians, but the general tendancy should be valid).

    The key tenant of libertarianism is that people should more or less be left to their own devices as long as they don't stomp all over others in the process. Such an approach seems emminently logical to me in general, so it appeals to my NT worldview although I am not a strict libertarian. I would expect other NTs to feel the same way, and this article seems to confirm my expectation.

  3. #13
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Most NTs are not liberatarian of course. But it seems that there's a bigger proportion of libertarian among them than among any other type.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SensEye View Post
    Why do you say this? I think the correlation is perfectly obvious. NTs should tend towards libertarian views (this does not mean ALL NTs, nor does it mean NTs are strict libertarians, but the general tendancy should be valid).

    The key tenant of libertarianism is that people should more or less be left to their own devices as long as they don't stomp all over others in the process. Such an approach seems emminently logical to me in general, so it appeals to my NT worldview although I am not a strict libertarian. I would expect other NTs to feel the same way, and this article seems to confirm my expectation.
    Maybe, like a RINO, you'll become a Libertarian in name only. There is more to this thing that the ideals they toss around trying to get supporters. That is, bullshit is right around the corner.

  5. #15
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I think there's a correlation between NTs and Libertarian-esque views. It seems pretty obvious to me. Being N leads one to be more abstract and free thinking and less concrete, hence the idea that there should be less government control in social issues. Being T, however, lets them see the logical reasoning behind free market and having complete control over one's assetts. Hence the correlation.

    That's VERY generalized, but then again, so is this entire discussion.

  6. #16
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Cool username OP, I love The Rolling Stones!

  7. #17
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Cool username OP, I love The Rolling Stones!
    I lol'd

  8. #18
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why would you do that? It would be mistaken.
    I'm responding to the subject of the thread by suggesting possible correlations of MBTI and political affiliation, doesn't mean every TJ is a hardcore right wing nut, I recognize political views and the reasons people choose to believe/support/defend them have more causal chains than mere cognitive functions.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  9. #19
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The correlations of NT and libertarianism is dumb, its the same as the "All NTs are corporate execs or they are not NTs" logic and even poorer thinking that I've encountered on this forum, for a while I'd hoped it was something to do with age group or a pretty superficial but expansive knowledge of MBTI or psychology generally but I'm not even sure of that anymore, I think its just dumb.

    And a lot of people are happy being dumb and having as much information as possible to support their dumb opinions.
    So these people who have posted in this thread(including me) are a bunch of idiots because you disagree with the comments, how about instead of acting like a self-righteous know it all try offering counter valid points instead of personally insulting people, I'm so tried of that bullshit on this forum(like in that pathetic Everyday Sexism thread). There are people who are ignorant(we have to start at somewhere) but willing to learn more but when they encounter this crap on this forum it will turn many off and why not.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  10. #20
    Member DoctorCroupy#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    So these people who have posted in this thread(including me) are a bunch of idiots because you disagree with the comments, how about instead of acting like a self-righteous know it all try offering counter valid points instead of personally insulting people, I'm so tried of that bullshit on this forum(like in that pathetic Everyday Sexism thread). There are people who are ignorant(we have to start at somewhere) but willing to learn more but when they encounter this crap on this forum it will turn many off and why not.

    I didn't realize this would be such a touchy subject. Well, I did actually haha, but I figured since this is all just theory and generalizations that nobody would make a big deal out of it and start throwing around opinions like they're fact.

    Lark,
    considering it is all just theory, and therefore impossible to prove/disprove, I suggest we hop down from that horse and not call people (or their opinions) dumb.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Type and I.Q.
    By RansomedbyFire in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1059
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 08:04 AM
  2. MBTI type and political affiliation?
    By Triglav in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-27-2016, 07:35 AM
  3. MBTI Types and Political Parties
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. MBTI type and Hypnotizability
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO