User Tag List

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Ken Wilber (Integral Philosopher) and Tom Montalk (Esoteric Cosmologist)

They have interesting ideas on the design of this world system.

Ken Wilber on The Good, The True, and The Beautiful part 1

http://www.kenwilber.com/home/landing/index.html

Montalk - 1. What is the Matrix Control System?

http://montalk.net/

What might their personality types be?
    Last edited by RaptorWizard; 09-16-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Infinite Bubble

Has esoteric ideas about the universe...

Must be INTx.

Don't tell me that's your logic!

MBTI
    ISTP

There is a deep irony in Wilbur's video which is that his language is intrinsically object-centered. In fact all language is. It is, apparently, impossible to avoid. Break it down. What does "I" mean? Remember that the mind can contain contradictions, and that you can believe in them, especially if you don't notice them. You can believe that you are not using object-based language and thinking even as you are using object-based language and thinking to express that belief. "I" refers to an object. The statement "I am not an object" hearkens back to Descartes - "I do not exist." An apparent contradiction. What, which does not exist, is saying that it is not an object?

What is an object? An object is an affordance with utility, separated from the atoms around it by its uniquely defined function. I am most certainly an object. I am optimized for the purpose of decreasing entropy (increasing technology). I am most certainly not the universe. Is the universe an object with affordances? Such a proposition is quite preposterous as it begs the existence of a being that uses the universe as a tool. On the other hand, to say that I am a tool that uses tools is not preposterous, it is in fact quite obvious.

What Wilbur appears to be doing is ignoring that certain conglomerations of matter - objects - have affordances, and is looking at the universe as a big mess of atom soup, some of which happens to have come together into whatever he is, and is now talking. It is kind of a weird perspective. I have felt it many times before, and it creeps me out. It is very abstracted away from the details of our proximal reality, and it is quite unreal. As an existential perspective it lacks utility. In fact, it fundamentally ignores utility. This lack of utility suggests that I should probably just ignore it and get on with my day, in which I will do stuff to stuff using stuff as the stuff that I am. ness?

MBTI
    ISTP

With regards to Wilber's type, I will only go so far as to say that he is a T who ate a bunch of LSD.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Has esoteric ideas about the universe...

Must be INTx.

Don't tell me that's your logic!
    I'm not that good at typing people (let alone myself), so of course that's my logic!

Heck, the videos and sites are pretty funny though, big time conspiracy for Montalk, and jacked up reality for Wilber!

All I have to say is that there's some really dang crazy people out there (and of course I'm one of them)!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    With regards to his type, I will only go so far as to say that he is a T who ate a bunch of LSD.
    That's cool that you're so open to ideologies about existence that you can tell are likely to contain very much garbage from the junk synthesizer.

Clearly we need the right perceptions first.

Many people fall too far down the hole, or they don't even know the hole is there.

Reality is something that tends to misunderstand itself, or invent things that aren't clear manifestations.

Oh well, if it's not true it is very well invented!

MBTI
    ISTP

Just before Montalk said "insert foreign thoughts and emotions into us during lowered states of consciousness. And they can induce schizoid symptoms in the vulnerable" I began to have the feeling that he might be schizophrenic. Now I think he's schizophrenic and he knows it.