User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i'm an isfp that dated an infp for a long time. i don't think either of us ever felt there was a communication gap between us. in fact, we always highly valued the other because of our ability to communicate with one another so well. and not just on an emotional level but intellectually as well. however, he did always complain about how in public situations i would come off "dumbed down" because of my inadequacy in certain social situations.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i'm an isfp that dated an infp for a long time. i don't think either of us ever felt there was a communication gap between us. in fact, we always highly valued the other because of our ability to communicate with one another so well. and not just on an emotional level but intellectually as well. however, he did always complain about how in public situations i would come off "dumbed down" because of my inadequacy in certain social situations.
    Ah, I was referring to between infj and infps. Interesting notion though. I personally find communication with isfps to be friendly, but cut short partially because of my complete lack of interest in extroverted sensation/the moment. Anhedonia I think is what I have.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As a Nilsson affectionado, I know infps can be good buds with isfps (he wrote several songs and went drinking all the time with Ringo), so I think VD Parks, with his colorful, warm personality and song titles (looking at Last.fm, most of his top tracks are names of people or places - Palm Desert, Vine Street, Bing Crosby, etc.), I'd offer that he is isfp, and so by association Newsom ought to be (especially since I see more infps and isfps listed on her wiki page, rather than intp/infjs).

thinking of you

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    As a Nilsson affectionado, I know infps can be good buds with isfps (he wrote several songs and went drinking all the time with Ringo), so I think VD Parks, with his colorful, warm personality and song titles (looking at Last.fm, most of his top tracks are names of people or places - Palm Desert, Vine Street, Bing Crosby, etc.), I'd offer that he is isfp, and so by association Newsom ought to be (especially since I see more infps and isfps listed on her wiki page, rather than intp/infjs).
    Joanna Newsom - Wikiquote

as far as being buds with isfps, look at conor oberst. every fucking collaboration is isfp. mogis--his producer, m ward, jim james, etc. newsom's favorite author is nabokov, the quintessential inj (e5). and then she mentions faulkner, another infj. her literary style is way more these guys than steinbeck.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i feel as though that line of logic is a fallacy. i really enjoy palaniuk and vonnegut... but i highly doubt either of those are isfp's. and i effin love the last unicorn! movie, of course. but it was a childhood fav. along with fantasia. and people always want to associate only infp's with fantasia. i think what one likes out of stories, music and writing isn't necessarily a direct correlation to how we relate to the world.

i've been reading some of her lyrics... and i still sense Se. haha. get it. sense.

and she's a composer. mozart! little musical genius playing harp at such a young age. she only picked up writing later from what i've gathered, to back up what she plays on the harp, because she saw the harp as being an instrument capable of taking center stage. she went to college to help aid her with her writing, but her first passion appears to be the instrument and music itself and not writing or poetry. ...from what i gather at least.
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

Who cares about Joanna Newsom? This thread should not have extended past the second page.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Who cares about Joanna Newsom? This thread should not have extended past the second page.
    Ha. No kidding.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i care about joanna newsom. meanies.
    -John Green

My guess is ENFP.

Have you seen this vid?
    YouTube - JOANNA NEWSOM TELLS A JOKE!

I highly doubt an INFP would be so bubbly. She reminds me of Lorelai Gilmore - a textbook ENFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i wouldn't say enfp for sure. being an infp i can also be pretty energetic, funny and joking. it's rare but it happens.