N358

Default No Country For Old Men, Characters

Anton Chigurh - xNTJ
    Llewelyn Moss - ISTP

Carson Wells - xNTx
    Sheriff Bell - XSTJ

MBTI
    istp

Pretty good movie. Moss was definitely an ISTP. Chigurh seemed like an INTJ... plus crazy. I'm pretty sure the Sheriff was an ISTJ. None of the other characters were particularly typeable.
    No offense.

Anton is a sociopath..., but why do you guys think he's an N? I would have said that he's as S as they come, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    N358

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Anton is a sociopath..., but why do you guys think he's an N? I would have said that he's as S as they come, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise.
    He is too methodical and speculative to be a SP. He definitely isn't an F, so that narrows it down to an XSTJ.

The way he gets into everybody else's head and figures out what they do, and then plans for as many contingencies as he can. It's either N or some very good Si.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Anton- INTJ
    Moss- ISTP
    Bell- ISTJ
    Moss's wife- ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Anton- INTJ
    Moss- ISTP
    Bell- ISTJ
    Moss's wife- ESFJ
    Bingo!
    Hello

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    He is too methodical and speculative to be a SP. He definitely isn't an F, so that narrows it down to an XSTJ.

The way he gets into everybody else's head and figures out what they do, and then plans for as many contingencies as he can. It's either N or some very good Si.
    I cannot remember him ever making contingency plans. The only contingency plan he made (as I recall) was to keep on changing his vehicle so he cannot be tracked down.

And that is not even a contingency plan. That is just a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I cannot remember him ever making contingency plans. The only contingency plan he made (as I recall) was to keep on changing his vehicle so he cannot be tracked down.

And that is not even a contingency plan. That is just a precaution.
    He barely even talked - of course you don't remember him making any contingency plans. But you can tell he plans things out methodically before acting: for example when he's about to raid the motel room, he rents another one to plan what he's going to do.

The only other possibility for Chigurh is ISTP in my opinion, but his actions didn't seem spontaneous to me at all (even when Moss knows he's coming) - they were acted out with a certainty and a slow, patient exactness that suggested he had planned for it.
    Hello

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    He barely even talked - of course you don't remember him making any contingency plans. But you can tell he plans things out methodically before acting: for example when he's about to raid the motel room, he rents another one to plan what he's going to do.

The only other possibility for Chigurh is ISTP in my opinion, but his actions didn't seem spontaneous to me at all (even when Moss knows he's coming) - they were acted out with a certainty and a slow, patient exactness that suggested he had planned for it.
    Aha....

ISTP is a good assumption.

Why?
    Spontaneous ISTPs maybe but I would say they are the least spontaneous SPs. Does not Ti (especially doms) work systematically and try to find precision in the most abstract of concepts?

Would this not make ISTPs be the least spontaneous of all SPs? and wouldn't it make them more meticulous?

And assuming he is a ISTP it explains a lot of his behavior. Even the time consuming, boring plan making which SPs theoretically hate would be explained.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Aha....

ISTP is a good assumption.

Why?
    Spontaneous ISTPs maybe but I would say they are the least spontaneous SPs. Does not Ti (especially doms) work systematically and try to find precision in the most abstract of concepts?

Would this not make ISTPs be the least spontaneous of all SPs? and wouldn't it make them more meticulous?

And assuming he is a ISTP it explains a lot of his behavior. Even the time consuming, boring plan making which SPs theoretically hate would be explained.
    Thats true. And, very possible. Anton and Moss do seem to be almost equals. They just happen to be against each other in this particular circumstance. Also, INTJ's and ISTP's are supposed to be "lookalikes" which would explain why I originally thought INTJ.

It would be cool if he was... Good ISTP vs bad ISTP...