User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Joseph Campbell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Joseph Campbell

"Myth is related to dream as the deeper zones of the sea to the shallows. In myth, as in dream, it is the secret of the inner world that comes to us, but the deepest secret, and from profundities too dreadful to be lightly known. Out of our own depths arise the forms; but out of regions where man is still terrible in wisdom, beauty, and bliss. This Atlantis of the interior realities is as strange to us as a foreign continent. Its secrets must be learned. And the way of learning is not that of the laboratory and lecture hall, but of controlled introspection."
    This Joseph Campbell quote came up on my Facebook page, and it's something that I know is true to the center of my core. It must not be a coincidence that I've seen someone attempt to type him as an ENFP 4w5. Yet, when I search the generally agreed enneagram types are 6 and 9. But there just has to be 5 in him, either as core or wing. Anybody have any insight?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This Joseph Campbell quote came up on my Facebook page, and it's something that I know is true to the center of my core. It must not be a coincidence that I've seen someone attempt to type him as an ENFP 4w5. Yet, when I search the generally agreed enneagram types are 6 and 9. But there just has to be 5 in him, either as core or wing. Anybody have any insight?
    I see ENFP 9w1>5w4>4w3 Sp/??
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I see ENFP 9w1>5w4>4w3 Sp/??
    Ah tritype, not sure how I feel about that yet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ah tritype, not sure how I feel about that yet.
    he's too relaxed, mellow and mentally at peace to be a 4w5 or 5w4 (who gives off a strong vibe of internal anguish)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

For once I'm going to have to agree with @Elfboy. ENFP 9w1>5w4>4w3, but sp/so or so/sp.

A brilliant writer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he's too relaxed, mellow and mentally at peace to be a 4w5 or 5w4 (who gives off a strong vibe of internal anguish)
    Enneagram 5, Health Level 3:
    Attain skillful mastery of whatever interests them. Excited by knowledge: often become expert in some field. Innovative and inventive, producing extremely valuable, original works. Highly independent, idiosyncratic, and whimsical.
    But that entirely depends on health level. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but at the moment I'm attempting to make sense of his passion within a core/wing scenario. If I can't, that definitely leads to the need for me to accept trityping as necessary/useful. Too many addendums to a systems makes me dubious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Enneagram 5, Health Level 3:
    But that entirely depends on health level. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but at the moment I'm attempting to make sense of his passion within a core/wing scenario. If I can't, that definitely leads to the need for me to accept trityping as necessary/useful. Too many addendums to a systems makes me dubious.
    even healthy 5s have a clearly cerebral energy about them
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

INTJ

he's calm, logical (watch how his face is almost expressionless), very composed, measured, self-directed individual, his lectures have a calming and sobering effect
    not an EP temperament by any extent (and since when have ENFPs been making videos titled "on becoming an adult"?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ Expressionless? It doesn't seem that way to me? He got very animated when describing the rituals and there is much inflection in his voice, much drama, rise and fall. He uses big gestures and has a sort of knowing twinkle/smile in his eyes much of the time. I do agree that I don't necessarily see ExxP, but I don't really see INTJ, either.

I don't know enough about him to say, really, but I sort of assumed he'd be an INFJ variety, based on his work.

Enneagram
    9w8

Look at his eyes. He has this thing where he breaks his gaze and looks down, unfocused. If I'm not mistaken, that's an Ni characteristic. Also, watch his hands. He talks with his hands. They are what I would call exacting. He uses his hands to punctuate his statements. He also does this inward searching thing with his eyes which seems kind of Ti in nature. Also, his voice inflections. He is trying to draw you in by putting emphasizes on particular words. If you watch a video of Jane Goodall and notice some of her eye movements, voice inflections, etc. You'll see a similarity. This guy and Jane Goodall are much alike in their communication styles. Notice his eyes again, when he gathers his thoughts and focuses them, he drives them home with warm eyes [that lock onto his viewer with intent, an Se characteristic] and a charming little smile...I'm thinking this is probably an Fe thing. In fact, is use of Fe is so subtle that he has mastered it. Fe is that quality that makes you feel compelled to listen, drawn in. It isn't that he is an emotional person, but rather that he knows how to navigate around and through the emotions of others and how to interpret them.

So, right off hand, I'd guess him to be an E-5. He is clearly an Ni and his Ti is also highly developed. Also, he has an Se eye lock. So, likely he was an INFJ with a highly developed Ti and at his age, being a healthy INFJ, his Se is probably also well-developed.

I did first think INTJ but his warm smile and Fe facial expressions negate that. As for ENFP, he is too intent and focused.

Contrary to what some may thing, 5w4 do not have an underlying anguish, instead they have an underlying passion and sense of focus or purpose and this guy seriously has that. If you doubt it, turn off the volume and just watch his hands and his eyes. Invoke the power of Ni and read his body language for subtle nuisances.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14