• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

US Presidents - A comprehesive collection?

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I have been looking into the typing of US Presidents and haven't found any good websites that has a comprehensive collection of all these men and the reasons that they are (whichever) type.

And the ones I saw that anything close to what I was looking for, the profiles just didn't match.

Link anyone?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
And it stops at W's daddy. No updates, people?

They got Clinton and Bush Jr. now

According to them, Clinton is an SFP (probably ESFP) and W is an STP (probably ESTP).

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I love how according to that Keirsey website the US has never had an idealist president.:devil:

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I just watched a thing on Grant. Keirsey has him as an ENTJ. Maybe so based on his military, but NOT his presidency. He was an SP president.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have the Presidential Temperament book- apparently Grant is described as an ENTJ who was willing to let Congress do all the work- due to an NT principle that the executive branch shouldn't hold too much power.

ENTJ's can be crazy alcoholics.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For what it's worth, I believe Keirsey's system types McCain as ESTP and Obama as INTJ.

I'll vote for Obama! :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Jung is most often said to have been INTP, introverted thinking. Jung is by no means an extrernal judger.

I'd agree with that.
I wonder if he offers any explanation for why he types most of the people the way he does. I almost think it is because Jung seems more like a 'counselor' than an 'architect'..lol.

heart

heart on fire
I'd agree with that.
I wonder if he offers any explanation for why he types most of the people the way he does. I almost think it is because Jung seems more like a 'counselor' than an 'architect'..lol.

Well, he was an architech of his own system of couseling.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jung is most often said to have been INTP, introverted thinking. Jung is by no means an extrernal judger.

Based on Jung's biography and some of his ideas I think he is an INFP. His views on science are often not very scientific. This is not to say they are bad, but they don't often follow the strict rules that you usually see from the plentiful number of INTP's who have laid out theories.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know Keirsey says that there were no Idealist Presidents.
However, would any of you say that some of the Presidents were NF's?

I think Lincoln might have been an Idealist.

One ex-president that is often mistyped as an Idealist is Bill Clinton- he is NOT an ENFP!! ESFP fits him perfectly- ENTP fits him better than ENFP, haha.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I watched a biography type show on the history channel that seemed to portray Lincoln with an INTP personality, and from what else I know of him I think this fits.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I know Keirsey says that there were no Idealist Presidents.
However, would any of you say that some of the Presidents were NF's?

I think Lincoln might have been an Idealist.

One ex-president that is often mistyped as an Idealist is Bill Clinton- he is NOT an ENFP!! ESFP fits him perfectly- ENTP fits him better than ENFP, haha.

100% agree on Clinton. who is mistaking this guy for an NF?

Lincoln, to me, is an NT. Hands down.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lincoln, to me, is an NT. Hands down.

Yup.

As only a minor but telling point, he constructed a cabinet full of enemies. He purposefully picked people who did not get along, partly just to make sure he heard multiple views. This was great from a "let's see the Big Picture, get all the info on the table" perspective but really awful from a "let's get something done as a group" perspective in practice.

NFs generally couldn't have handled that level of conflict, there's usually more of a need to build a group that can reach consensus. Things were often very ugly. But it seems that Lincoln took that mostly in stride. He could keep a typically NT healthy distance from the emotional sparks.

Specifically, he seems to fit best with INTP, with the ability to act goofy/corny when he was with others.