Thread: Bill O'Reilly

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, compassionate conservative sounds much better than "neo" that sounds like some nerd came up with it. That was one of the reasons I was drawn to Bush in the first place. I think compassionate conservative is a good term for myself, so I relate to him a lot.
    The terms "compassionate conservatism" and "neoconservatism" describe two different things. Neoconservatism, as it is used today, has more to do with foreign policy than anything else. Compassionate conservatism refers to domestic issues such as poverty and immigration.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Whether or not the term Neo-Conservative sounds nerdy to you or not, it seems irrelevant, it is a valid and accepted term to describe political leanings.
    Not to David Horowitz

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Not to David Horowitz
    Does he even matter?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Does he even matter?
    Not really

MBTI
    INTP

i would most definitely say entj after having started listening to his radio show and reading his latest book. i would like to hear from anyone who listens to him on a regular basis and has read his books who thinks differently.

prior to getting to know him much better i too saw him as an estj. but he definitely has that innate distrust of authority that i suppose is typical of NTs. the estjs i know and have read about are trusting, at least on some level, of authority and do not question it or and are much more willing to accept "tradition" without question. while bill o'reilly does of course lean more toward the conservative side on many issues, he's most definitely not a "kool-aid drinking idealogue," as he would put it. if he's come to believe in certain ideas then those beliefs were reached through rigorous thought and experience. yes, he's thoughtful (but prone to bloviating--another bill word), open minded (don't let the Te fool you) and acts like most entjs i've read about.

sidenote: while i might not agree with him on *every* issue i think his analyses are almost always accurate and insightful.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    i would most definitely say entj after having started listening to his radio show and reading his latest book. i would like to hear from anyone who listens to him on a regular basis and has read his books who thinks differently.

prior to getting to know him much better i too saw him as an estj. but he definitely has that innate distrust of authority that i suppose is typical of NTs. the estjs i know and have read about are trusting, at least on some level, of authority and do not question it or and are much more willing to accept "tradition" without question. while bill o'reilly does of course lean more toward the conservative side on many issues, he's most definitely not a "kool-aid drinking idealogue," as he would put it. if he's come to believe in certain ideas then those beliefs were reached through rigorous thought and experience. yes, he's thoughtful (but prone to bloviating--another bill word), open minded (don't let the Te fool you) and acts like most entjs i've read about.

sidenote: while i might not agree with him on *every* issue i think his analyses are almost always accurate and insightful.
    I concur. He does not tow the party line. Despite being a conservative I think he tends to form his own opinions, ergo ENTJ.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

O'Reilly's 4 letter MBTI personality type is: Asshole

Nah, I just disagree with many many things about him

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI

I think he's an ESTJ and he reminds me a lot of the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch on Game of Thrones, Alliser Thorne. Who I also think is an ESTJ.

6w5 sp/so

seems like ESxJ.

more 6w5 sp/so examples here