MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I'd say his type is IDIOT.
    Nah, definitely not an idiot. Quite a smart guy, and obviously quite effective at finding his niche.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    infp

How about Mike Hannity? Not to derail, but I think it would be interesting to type all the republican TV guys. I've only seen that guys show like once (the video where he "debates" with KRS-One), so maybe I'm wrong in calling him a republican.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Mike? I only know a Sean. What's his schtick?
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Why not N?
    Because most of the people here are Ns and hate him, thus, he's an S.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    The flip side of that is "he is successful and famous, must be N!"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's such an illogical thing to say.
    Maybe he's an S because he actually acts like one?

(And maybe there's nothing wrong with being S? Maybe it's not an insult? So people don't have to keep insinuating people only S/N others out of inherent bias? Because no insults are being levied?)

Frankly, he comes across as a hardcore realist and not prone to flights of fancy. And that Ne tertiary? He shows some of that too, in how he approaches other people's motivations or his interpretation of a particular scenario -- unfairly suspicious, often reading in the worst motivations if they're doing/approaching things not in the way he would, and coming up with just really odd projections.

Honestly, I'd dislike the man whether he was N or S.
    He treats people in ways I personally find offensive, and on more than one level.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's such an illogical thing to say.
    Yeah, that was the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe he's an S because he actually acts like one?
    (And maybe there's nothing wrong with being S? Maybe it's not an insult? So people don't have to keep insinuating people only S/N others out of inherent bias? Because no insults are being levied?)

I sensed the emotional tones of S/N bias. My Fi out-ranks your Ti

btw, people do s/n others out of inherent bias [I suspect Ns more than Ss as they're a minority (exacerbated tribal instinct?) and of course, it's easy to scorn a threatening inferior (as in underdeveloped) function]. Once thought kicks in, people usually snap out of it, but the residue is still there. IOW, don't deny it just because you're annoyed by its over-use.

Bill O'Reilly is a hard dude to judge, as he doesn't seem... healthy (I'm not sure what word to use here). He's described feeling burdened at having to come to his program with a sense of outrage every night, and in general his tone in personal interviews is bitter with a dash of paranoia. The Bill O'Reilly you see may just be a persona, and not representative of who he really is. Who knows? He may be a mild-mannered INFP gone shadow crazy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I sensed the emotional tones of S/N bias. My Fi out-ranks your Ti
    Yeah, it's kind of hard to beat a function that determines its own rules.

btw, people do s/n others out of inherent bias [I suspect Ns more than Ss as they're a minority (exacerbated tribal instinct?) and of course, it's easy to scorn a threatening inferior (as in underdeveloped) function]. Once thought kicks in, people usually snap out of it, but the residue is still there. IOW, don't deny it just because you're annoyed by its over-use.
    That wasn't actually my point.

If you're going to go there, we're ALL biased.

The question here is, is the bias a major player in the evaluation? And are we aware of the bias? I don't think it was the major player in people's comments (well, at least not MINE), so your undermining of a particular opinion just because a bias exists seems a bit slippery to me.

Bill O'Reilly is a hard dude to judge, as he doesn't seem... healthy (I'm not sure what word to use here). He's described feeling burdened at having to come to his program with a sense of outrage every night, and in general his tone in personal interviews is bitter with a dash of paranoia. The Bill O'Reilly you see may just be a persona, and not representative of who he really is. Who knows? He may be a mild-mannered INFP gone shadow crazy.
    Again, you're arguing Ne possibilities.
    I'm arguing probabilities.
    I think it's always possible for Bill to be an INFP with a shadow-side... but I think it highly highly improbable.

However, I do really agree about the "unhealthy" bit on some level. In some ways, being unhealthy can really skew the reading. He also has hidden agendas tied into his behavior.

(Then again, people tend to be unhealthy in ways that are appropriate for their type, and sometimes it can make a read EASIER... and healthy people who are more well-rounded and integrated are harder to tease out predominate function use.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't watch his show, but based on the clips I've seen I'd say O'Reilly is ENTJ. I don't think the partisan hack type pundits believe half of the things they say. That N is there to come up with new arguments to manipulate the masses. Plus he does angry so well that I think he's ENTJ rather than ESTJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com