• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Immanuel Kant's MBTI

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Kant is offered as an example of the normal introverted thinking type, strongly influenced by ideas having a subjective foundation..."

Psychological Types.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
according to this page he is an INTP.

Perosnally I agree Introverted Thinking makes alot of sense. He was abstract too - preferring abstratcion would have you think INTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Perosnally I agree Introverted Thinking makes alot of sense. He was abstract too - preferring abstratcion would have you think INTP.

But, in MBTI terms, was he a J or a P?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is that based on knowing about Kant the person, or Kant the writer?

S

Sniffles

I've actually have heard INFJ a few times. :laugh: INTP would make sense.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I initially thought INTJ, but reading up on him some, he is INTP as hell, probably 5w4

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I initially thought INTJ, but reading up on him some, he is INTP as hell, probably 5w4

Kant being an INTP would come as no surprise, but why 5w4 and not 5w6? I thought he was uber-obsessed with logical analysis, as I will evidence in a below quotes:
“All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.”
“Space and time are the framework within which the mind is constrained to construct its experience of reality.”
“Have the courage to use your own reason - That is the motto of enlightenment.”

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He is definitely a heavy TiSi INTP, in MBTI terms he could come off as a J because he lived by a very strict daily routine, he was extremely focused on ideas even compared to the average INTP though so he was probably lacking somewhat in Ne.