• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Micheal J Fox MBTI type.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm curious what you guys think Micheal J Fox's MBTI type is. I'm leaning towards ESTP but it doesn't seem too obvious to me. Thoughts?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious what you guys think Micheal J Fox's MBTI type is. I'm leaning towards ESTP but it doesn't seem too obvious to me. Thoughts?

Most of the MBTI celebrity pages list him as an ESTP. So I looked into the issue of his type more closely and couldn't come up with a better fit. In some ways he almost seems ESFP.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
He has always striked me as an ESFP. Why does everyone on here think that he's an ESTP?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He has always striked me as an ESFP. Why does everyone on here think that he's an ESTP?

In his videos he is an analytical speaker. And if F = tender-hearted and T = tough-minded, he is slightly more T than F.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
In his videos he is an analytical speaker. And if F = tender-hearted and T = tough-minded, he is slightly more T than F.

I never really went with the "Kiersey style" T vs. F theory. I've always been more down with Ti-Fe vs. Fi-Te theory.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never really went with the "Kiersey style" T vs. F theory. I've always been more down with Ti-Fe vs. Fi-Te theory.

I'm not using Keirsey, otherwise I would have mentioned temperaments SJ, NF, NT, etc. But yes, I believe he did distinguish tough-minded from tender-hearted.

My theory is to use any theory that helps, since they all lay out more-or-less arbitrary distinctions. There is no real difference between any of them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

A Google search also reveals that tender-hearted and tough-minded are categories used by the MBTI in general.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://books.google.com/books?id=rg...Ag#v=onepage&q=tender-hearted jungian&f=false

The Relationship Between Partner Differences in Jungian Psychological Type
By Denise N. Miller

"...Jung theorized two distinct, contrasting ways people prefer to judge when making decisions.... People who prefer the Thinking function tend to... be seen as critical and tough-minded...People who prefer the Feeling function...appear tender-hearted." (44)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
A Google search also reveals that tender-hearted and tough-minded are categories used by the MBTI in general.

I know. I just don't use them. According to that theory, I'm ENFP. According to Jung I'm ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know. I just don't use them. According to that theory, I'm ENFP. According to Jung I'm ENTP.

So Jung had no categories of tough-minded and tender-hearted then?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about tough-hearted and tender-minded? Like someone angry and flailing illogically all the time or someone like Data from SNG?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about tough-hearted and tender-minded? Like someone angry and flailing illogically all the time or someone like Data from SNG?

I don't know about the Data analogy, but you're talking about wisdom.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The reason I find Micheal J FOX a T is because he is pretty cool headed most of the time like most T's are.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

T vs. F works well a lot of times, but when you look at person who is not a thinking or feeling dom with a strong thinking function or feeling function that is developed as well, then T vs. F can fail you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T vs. F works well a lot of times, but when you look at person who is not a thinking or feeling dom with a strong thinking function or feeling function that is developed as well, then T vs. F can fail you.

Not me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
so/sx e65 isfj?
doc sx/so e78 entj?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure it can fail you. For instance, many 9 fixed thinkers look like feelers on the outside, and many 8 fixed feeler look like thinkers on the outside.

What does "look like feelers on the outside" mean? What does "look like thinkers on the outside" mean?