User Tag List

First 34567 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i forgot the enterprize can time travel.. how about this: the enterprise finds a galaxy completely devoid of life, except for a death star pointing right at them, then as they shields are barely holding, a Jedi spirit comes by and tells them their only hope is to travel back to the past... then.. well actually that's as far as i thought it through. maybe later it turns out the jedi was part of the dark side, using jedi mind tricks to make them think the universe is devoid of life, and is trying to get them to actually make the galaxy is devoid of life?

edit: do those jedi spirits still have any powers?
    They can only be seen, I believe, in order to communicate. But, if they did that, it would probably end in Kirk sending some trainee down as a human shield for Spock and a couple others, him too no doubt, to attempt to stop the threat at the source and do what they do, get information and learn.

since we're going there, apparently.. how fast can your kitchen travel?
    I wish. Right now it's traveling about 1,040 miles/hour, but useless for this purpose.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Society

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    it would probably end in Kirk sending some trainee down as a human shield for Spock and a couple others, him too no doubt, to attempt to stop the threat at the source and do what they do, get information and learn.
    oh, so spock ends up trying to read the mind of a jedi... vulcan psionics vs. jedi psionics, what happens then?

MBTI
    ENTP

oh, so spock ends up trying to read the mind of a jedi... vulcan psionics vs. jedi psionics, what happens then?
    Spock has to touch, so he'd have to use his phaser or another of the team would have to have their phaser on stun and use it immediately in order to beat out the Jedi's ability to control minds without touching. I'm not even sure if a Jedi's mind control would work on them if one takes into consideration the midis. Probably not. So, assuming that's true, Spock would succeed. He'd tell Kirk as much as he could about the situation at hand, and then his logic plus Kirk's talking would probably end up in a really boring "understanding and coming together" scene.

Wow, that fell flat as hell.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Wait, would the phasers work on Jedi?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ There is no evidence to state they would not. Jedis lose consciousness in the series.. being shot, light-sabered-to-the-face, and other such acts seem to hit them just the same as others.. Luke has to physically deflect lasers shot at him with his light saber to stop them.

Also, I agree that picking a Jedi would help a ton. If we're talking Yoda or Obi Wan, I have very little faith in Kirk no matter what.. if we're talking Anakin or Luke, I think Kirk has a fighting chance.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ There is no evidence to state they would not. Jedis lose consciousness in the series.. being shot, light-sabered-to-the-face, and other such acts seem to hit them just the same as others.. Luke has to physically deflect lasers shot at him with his light saber to stop them.

Also, I agree that picking a Jedi would help a ton. If we're talking Yoda or Obi Wan, I have very little faith in Kirk no matter what.. if we're talking Anakin or Luke, I think Kirk has a fighting chance.
    Very good thinking, but if their basic bodily building blocks are different from humans then would they be effected the same way?

As for the person I was talking to who started this whole thing, he recently told me about his sources of information, including but definitely not limited to, galactic history timelines, and a good bit of it is from books. I was solely going by the movies created by George. And, I'm not sure about whether books should count. Ideas?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Very good thinking, but if their basic bodily building blocks are different from humans then would they be effected the same way?

As for the person I was talking to who started this whole thing, he recently told me about his sources of information, including but definitely not limited to, galactic history timelines, and a good bit of it is from books. I was solely going by the movies created by George. And, I'm not sure about whether books should count. Ideas?
    Theoretically the books would be a better source since they usually contain more information. But for the sakes of this argument, I would rely on common ground. Most people have not read the books.. it does little good to include a ton of obscure information and create semantics between people who are seeing the series in two different modes.

But if we were wanting an overall, scientific evaluation of these two fighters, we would have to consult books, movies, corporate-approved-spin-off series and cartoons, and author/producer testimonies based on both franchises.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

Theoretically the books would be a better source since they usually contain more information. But for the sakes of this argument, I would rely on common ground. Most people have not read the books.. it does little good to include a ton of obscure information and create semantics between people who are seeing the series in two different modes.

But if we were wanting an overall, scientific evaluation of these two fighters, we would have to consult books, movies, corporate-approved-spin-off series and cartoons, and author/producer testimonies based on both franchises.
    Well, then DAMN! I'm not even qualified to be in a conversation with him about it if books are part of the source information. I asked him a few questions about George's sanctioning of the information in them and told him that I'm only going by that, so we'll see what he says. He's very sad though that everyone hasn't read them. Ha. He's made it clear that his nerd is emaciated wanting to feed on a debate.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well, then DAMN! I'm not even qualified to be in a conversation with him about it if books are part of the source information. I asked him a few questions about George's sanctioning of the information in them and told him that I'm only going by that, so we'll see what he says. He's very sad though that everyone hasn't read them. Ha. He's made it clear that his nerd is emaciated wanting to feed on a debate.
    Neither am I if we're going to the books. But books and movies often contradict themselves. If he's as big of a nerd as you say, he ought to be able to argue his case based on the movies solely and not rely on obscure information as his backbone argument. He makes comparatively less statements for Kirk in this debate, so I am thinking he is not as knowledgeable (or unwilling to bring up knowledge) for Kirk's side of the case.

MBTI
    ENTP

Neither am I if we're going to the books. But books and movies often contradict themselves. If he's as big of a nerd as you say, he ought to be able to argue his case based on the movies solely and not rely on obscure information as his backbone argument. He makes comparatively less statements for Kirk in this debate, so I am thinking he is not as knowledgeable (or unwilling to bring up knowledge) for Kirk's side of the case.
    Oh, good point about the contradictions, etc. I'll be sure to bring that up. I gave him the link to this thread and he's responding to me with an abundance of information that both impresses me but also loses me. And, that's just depressing to my sci-fi love nerve system.

He seems to be very much excited about Kirk being immune. Not like he favors him or anything, but more like he just thinks it's an awesome idea that he would be considering he's "just human" compared to holy-shit-its-a-Jedi.

I'll ask him too about your idea. The one about pitting two specific people against one another. My god, to see that battle. What the HELL is wrong with Hollywood.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery