User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Interesting. Like oxygen perhaps? Or something similar? OR, electricity?
    right, so let's say electricity only worked in our galaxy, and we left it, what would happen to us? the electrons in our atoms stop working... we'd become... little black holes? or maybe neutron status of ourselves - sort of like something curved out of a neutron star?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    tight, so let's say electricity only worked in our galaxy, and we left it, what would happen to us? the electrons in our atoms stop working... we'd become... little black holes? or maybe neutron status of ourselves - sort of like something curved out of a neutron star?
    I added another thought to my post.

Hmm, I would think it would just cause instant death. Thus neutralizing any effect it could have on the atoms.

Hmmmmmm.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Society

If it's symbiotic, that would make it like a parasitic organism, right? Like how good bacteria works within us.
    well it said they are are a necessity for life, so... i guess that means they were the first, and the rest of life in their galaxy is parasitic for the midi-chlori? i suppose maybe this means they SW "humans' just look human but have a completely different midi-chlori based biochemistry... which means with all the Jedi powers, they (or any SW living thing) wouldn't be able to leave the SW galaxy at all (unless they can somehow bring the midi things with them)... the only way the conflict could happen would be if Kirk left the milky way to reach them.

then you have a new problem: SW happened along time ago, ST happens in the future, add traveling time to that (no idea how to calculate that)... which means they reach the SW galaxy long long after the SW cannon we have. what could have changed in the meantime? did technology progress? did they descend into chaos? does the force still work the same way? did they even keep the Jedi traditions?

Society

another thing to remember: the ST guys? they are us, they are our continuity of humanity - our future generations.
    the SW guys either just look like us or some distant cousins of panspermia.

maybe the question we should be asking: how do we kick some Jedi ass?

MBTI
    ENTP

well it said they are are a necessity for life, so... i guess that means they were the first, and the rest of life in their galaxy is parasitic for the midi-chlori? i suppose maybe this means they SW "humans' just look human but have a completely different midi-chlori based biochemistry... which means with all the Jedi powers, they (or any SW living thing) wouldn't be able to leave the SW galaxy at all (unless they can somehow bring the midi things with them)... the only way the conflict could happen would be if Kirk left the milky way to reach them.
    "Necessity for life" is a key phrasing. If the midi-chlori can exist on its own, then its being first with the rest of life being parasitic is a justifiable assumption. Since it specifically mentions its instrumentation, its importance, to all things in that galaxy, then it seems possible that when it comes to life forms, it would be detrimental to those life forms to take them out of their element. Since, I'm not a Jedi yet (damnit) no matter how much I've tried, and I haven't heard of anyone else wielding a real force-fed sword on this planet, then it obviously doesn't work here. Which of course makes sense. It's what makes the SW series more "realistic" and believable. "Ohhhh, I can't do it, but they can, and this is why, so it's totally possible that it's real somewhere out there."

Which brings us to the next thing you said.

then you have a new problem: SW happened along time ago, ST happens in the future, add traveling time to that (no idea how to calculate that)... which means they reach the SW galaxy long long after the SW cannon we have. what could have changed in the meantime? did technology progress? did they descend into chaos? does the force still work the same way? did they even keep the Jedi traditions?
    They MAY not be able to live outside of that galaxy, but being that the purpose of the USS Enterprise is to get all up in their business if they come across that galaxy, then the crossover would probably be due to this. Either one (SW or ST) could conceivably do something and accidentally cause a time-crossover. So the evolving or devolving of the SW galaxy inhabitants/world would be a consideration, but I like to think that the Jedi would make damn well sure that it evolved. Technology-wise, I haven't thought of completely though yet...
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

another thing to remember: the ST guys? they are us, they are our continuity of humanity - our future generations.
    the SW guys either just look like us or some distant cousins of panspermia.

maybe the question we should be asking: how do we kick some Jedi ass?

A jedi walks into my kitchen? Because for some reason he hasn't died dead yet? Then I'm doing all I can to join forces, not fight. I'm not Kirk though. If the Jedi is a woman, she's already failed (it's mandatory), if not... well, this thread is here for a reason.

But, I did hit upon this "they are us" in my above post.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Society

Since, I'm not a Jedi yet (damnit) no matter how much I've tried, and I haven't heard of anyone else wielding a real force-fed sword on this planet, then it obviously doesn't work here.
    wow, so really everyone ends up trying that as a kid?

They MAY not be able to live outside of that galaxy, but being that the purpose of the USS Enterprise is to get all up in their business if they come across that galaxy, then the crossover would probably be due to this. Either one (SW or ST) could conceivably do something and accidentally cause a time-crossover. So the evolving or devolving of the SW galaxy inhabitants/world would be a consideration, but I like to think that the Jedi would make damn well sure that it evolved. Technology-wise, I haven't thought of completely though yet...
    i forgot the enterprize can time travel.. how about this: the enterprise finds a galaxy completely devoid of life, except for a death star pointing right at them, then as they shields are barely holding, a Jedi spirit comes by and tells them their only hope is to travel back to the past... then.. well actually that's as far as i thought it through. maybe later it turns out the jedi was part of the dark side, using jedi mind tricks to make them think the universe is devoid of life, and is trying to get them to actually make the galaxy is devoid of life?

edit: do those jedi spirits still have any powers?

Society

A jedi walks into my kitchen? Because for some reason he hasn't died dead yet?
    since we're going there, apparently.. how fast can your kitchen travel?

MBTI
    ENTP

wow, so really everyone ends up trying that as a kid?
    I'm an ENTP, so I wouldn't automatically think every kid because I did, but still.... PROBABLY! All fans did to some degree, I imagine.

Also, kid? If I had one bit of theory to hold on to that it might still be possible, I'd try again immediately.

I'll answer the rest of your post in a bit. Have to do some nerdy things on this comp.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sounds legit, I'll buy it. Only because I love the idea of Kirk kicking multiple Jedi ass with brawling fisticuffs and table flipping.