User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that Tim Duncan is an INTP?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Tim Duncan an INTP?

What many don't know, and the reason Duncan is being named Geek of the Week, is that this NBA striker is also a D&D fan and player. Duncan, nicknamed "Mr. Spock" in college, is a quiet intellectual who enjoys D&D and fantasy video games. He sports a tattoo of Merlin on his chest and a skeletal jester on his back.
    source - http://worldsmostdangerousdm.blogspo...in-of-nba.html

Tim Duncan - Interview

WALMART

Highly unlikely.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

why highly?
    Oh, its
    You

WALMART

He's not high-energy enough in his expression, it especially shows through on the court. Check out this interview:

He's way low key in his musings, he has to constantly pause and evaluate his next words. INTP's are like streams of consciousness. I'd put Se/Ni over Ne/Si any day of the week.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    He's not high-energy enough in his expression, it especially shows through on the court. Check out this interview:

He's way low key in his musings, he has to constantly pause and evaluate his next words. INTP's are like streams of consciousness. I'd put Se/Ni over Ne/Si any day of the week.
    LOL, generalize much?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    LOL, generalize much?

Isn't the point of typology to create applicable generalizations? I'm not alone in my musings, so you know.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Isn't the point of typology to create applicable generalizations? I'm not alone in my musings, so you know.
    I think that's an overgeneralization in itself. The point of typology is to create a classification scheme, and it does function as one as long each dimension is discrete (e.g., as long as you can't possess both classifications at once). But you're distorting that scheme and watering it down. Being high energy or low energy, besides being ridiculously subjective, isn't part of that scheme--at least, not without some convoluted extrapolation.

I knew he liked video games. Didn't know he liked D&D and had a Merlin tat. That's pretty cool.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I think that's an overgeneralization in itself. The point of typology is to create a classification scheme, and it does function as one as long each dimension is discrete (e.g., as long as you can't possess both classifications at once). But you're distorting that scheme and watering it down. Being high energy or low energy, besides being ridiculously subjective, isn't part of that scheme--at least, not without some convoluted extrapolation.

"INTP's like to think". Okay. "ESFJ's care about people". Alright. "ENTJ's make good high level managers". Fantastic. Are they exclusive? Hardly. Nothing you could ever express would be "discrete", presuming you couldn't map out the entire neurological network and ascribe a near infinite level of classifications. The system is inherently subjective for everyone up to and including the key observer.

Having said that, my previous statement is both rationally sound and physically verified in neurology. Sensors are low latency thinkers, intuitors are high latency thinkers. I have a piece written about it if you'd care to read, but if you prefer more accredited authors there are plenty of sports and military analysts that confirm this hypothesis using Jungian/MBTI terms. I have grown up in San Antonio, I've watched the man my entire life, and I can subjectively posit that he is a low-latency thinker without a doubt in my mind. Look at the video. The most excited I've ever seen him become is on the court, and that's after he's gotten an incredibly BS call, and even at that he does little more than bulge his eyes out and crane his neck like a turtle.

So anyways, ISxP. I don't know him personally well-enough to say either, though most people type him ISFP for his cool, collected calmness and caring compassion towards others. I think ISTP's are more showboat-y and quick to temper.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"INTP's like to think". Okay. "ESFJ's care about people". Alright. "ENTJ's make good high level managers". Fantastic. Are they exclusive? Hardly. Nothing you could ever express would be "discrete", presuming you couldn't map out the entire neurological network and ascribe a near infinite level of classifications. The system is inherently subjective for everyone up to and including the key observer.

Having said that, my previous statement is both rationally sound and physically verified in neurology. Sensors are low latency thinkers, intuitors are high latency thinkers. I have a piece written about it if you'd care to read, but if you prefer more accredited authors there are plenty of sports and military analysts that confirm this hypothesis using Jungian/MBTI terms. I have grown up in San Antonio, I've watched the man my entire life, and I can subjectively posit that he is a low-latency thinker without a doubt in my mind. Look at the video. The most excited I've ever seen him become is on the court, and that's after he's gotten an incredibly BS call, and even at that he does little more than bulge his eyes out and crane his neck like a turtle.

So anyways, ISxP. I don't know him personally well-enough to say either, though most people type him ISFP for his cool, collected calmness and caring compassion towards others. I think ISTP's are more showboat-y and quick to temper.
    More BS