• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Duncan an INTP?

Do you think that Tim Duncan is an INTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What many don't know, and the reason Duncan is being named Geek of the Week, is that this NBA striker is also a D&D fan and player. Duncan, nicknamed "Mr. Spock" in college, is a quiet intellectual who enjoys D&D and fantasy video games. He sports a tattoo of Merlin on his chest and a skeletal jester on his back.
source - http://worldsmostdangerousdm.blogspot.com/2011/01/tim-duncan-merlin-of-nba.html

Tim Duncan - Interview

W

WALMART

He's not high-energy enough in his expression, it especially shows through on the court. Check out this interview:

He's way low key in his musings, he has to constantly pause and evaluate his next words. INTP's are like streams of consciousness. I'd put Se/Ni over Ne/Si any day of the week.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He's not high-energy enough in his expression, it especially shows through on the court. Check out this interview:

He's way low key in his musings, he has to constantly pause and evaluate his next words. INTP's are like streams of consciousness. I'd put Se/Ni over Ne/Si any day of the week.

LOL, generalize much?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Isn't the point of typology to create applicable generalizations? I'm not alone in my musings, so you know.

I think that's an overgeneralization in itself. The point of typology is to create a classification scheme, and it does function as one as long each dimension is discrete (e.g., as long as you can't possess both classifications at once). But you're distorting that scheme and watering it down. Being high energy or low energy, besides being ridiculously subjective, isn't part of that scheme--at least, not without some convoluted extrapolation.

KDude

I knew he liked video games. Didn't know he liked D&D and had a Merlin tat. That's pretty cool.

W

WALMART

I think that's an overgeneralization in itself. The point of typology is to create a classification scheme, and it does function as one as long each dimension is discrete (e.g., as long as you can't possess both classifications at once). But you're distorting that scheme and watering it down. Being high energy or low energy, besides being ridiculously subjective, isn't part of that scheme--at least, not without some convoluted extrapolation.

"INTP's like to think". Okay. "ESFJ's care about people". Alright. "ENTJ's make good high level managers". Fantastic. Are they exclusive? Hardly. Nothing you could ever express would be "discrete", presuming you couldn't map out the entire neurological network and ascribe a near infinite level of classifications. The system is inherently subjective for everyone up to and including the key observer.

Having said that, my previous statement is both rationally sound and physically verified in neurology. Sensors are low latency thinkers, intuitors are high latency thinkers. I have a piece written about it if you'd care to read, but if you prefer more accredited authors there are plenty of sports and military analysts that confirm this hypothesis using Jungian/MBTI terms. I have grown up in San Antonio, I've watched the man my entire life, and I can subjectively posit that he is a low-latency thinker without a doubt in my mind. Look at the video. The most excited I've ever seen him become is on the court, and that's after he's gotten an incredibly BS call, and even at that he does little more than bulge his eyes out and crane his neck like a turtle.

So anyways, ISxP. I don't know him personally well-enough to say either, though most people type him ISFP for his cool, collected calmness and caring compassion towards others. I think ISTP's are more showboat-y and quick to temper.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"INTP's like to think". Okay. "ESFJ's care about people". Alright. "ENTJ's make good high level managers". Fantastic. Are they exclusive? Hardly. Nothing you could ever express would be "discrete", presuming you couldn't map out the entire neurological network and ascribe a near infinite level of classifications. The system is inherently subjective for everyone up to and including the key observer.

Having said that, my previous statement is both rationally sound and physically verified in neurology. Sensors are low latency thinkers, intuitors are high latency thinkers. I have a piece written about it if you'd care to read, but if you prefer more accredited authors there are plenty of sports and military analysts that confirm this hypothesis using Jungian/MBTI terms. I have grown up in San Antonio, I've watched the man my entire life, and I can subjectively posit that he is a low-latency thinker without a doubt in my mind. Look at the video. The most excited I've ever seen him become is on the court, and that's after he's gotten an incredibly BS call, and even at that he does little more than bulge his eyes out and crane his neck like a turtle.

So anyways, ISxP. I don't know him personally well-enough to say either, though most people type him ISFP for his cool, collected calmness and caring compassion towards others. I think ISTP's are more showboat-y and quick to temper.

More BS

Dommm

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

INTJ's are streams of consciousnesses, INTP's often stop and start.

Here is a video on INTP mannerisms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNyqqiIfkU

Tim Duncan looks like a good fit--just watch his eye movement and speech patterns and compare them to the INTP's in the video, but again, this is just generalizing based on what I've seen in the video

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Golden State Warriors Vs San Antonio Spurs | May 6, 2013 | Game 1 | Full Highlights | NBA West Semis

W

WALMART

INTJ's are streams of consciousnesses, INTP's often stop and start.

Here is a video on INTP mannerisms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djNyqqiIfkU

Tim Duncan looks like a good fit--just watch his eye movement and speech patterns and compare them to the INTP's in the video, but again, this is just generalizing based on what I've seen in the video

As I said, I've been watching him play and interview for fifteen years now. I can't see INTP, but ISxP seems incredibly likely. Sports MBTI analysts agree.

Tim Duncan said:
"If you show excitement, then you also may show disappointment or frustration. If your opponent picks up on this frustration, you are at a disadvantage."

Sensor to the max.

Golden State Warriors Vs San Antonio Spurs | May 6, 2013 | Game 1 | Full Highlights | NBA West Semis

Awesome game.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I said, I've been watching him play and interview for fifteen years now. I can't see INTP, but ISxP seems incredibly likely. Sports MBTI analysts agree.

Which sports mbti analysts are you referring to?

Also ya, I could see ISxP I guess, but I could also see ISTJ or INTP, since he comes across as kind of boring and uncool for lots of folks.