• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Here's a few from real life

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stevie Wonder
What does everyone think he is? I would say ISTP, because if you see old pictures of him from when he first grew up, got his second contract with full creative control, he looked very "melancholy", or Chart the Course. Like a very deep thinking type. In many temperament systems, that is said to be the most artistic. And then in the Keirseyan system, SP is considered the most artistic, and thus named "the Artisan". ISTP itself used to be "The Artisan" before Keirsey renamed Dionysian with that term, and renamed the individual type something else. He also fits in being very pragmatic (like his demanding full artistic control from Motown, even walking out of the company at one point).
Sometimes he seems like he could be J'ish (but I somewhat doubt a TJ), and he does seem to have a lot of Fe. But for the ISTP, that would be inferior, though still primary. INFJ would have both the Chart the Course and strong Fe, but I get the feeling that doesn't quite fit, as again, ISTP is more artistic.
After his near fatal accident in the early 70's, that seems to be when his focus changed, and his more "happier" self as we know him today developed.
Ti coupled with Se would seem to make sense.

Donald Trump. He strikes me as ESTJ. He's like the epitome of what this society aspires to be, and it's leadership style; the society being said to be ESTJ patterned. He seemed very Guardian when he criticized dressing down on the job, and insisted on conservative apparrel (suit and ties, etc). He seems to be into the status quo's of those sort of things.
Yet I have also heard ESTP, because of something about him flaunting his money. That doesn't seem to be something beyond an ESTJ's capability (being an extrovert). But I'm not sure.

Rachel Ray. She's obviously a Get Things Going (ESF/ENP), but for some reason, I have not been sure about the temperament. It's probably least likely SJ, though would an Fe dominance be out of the question? (And I doubt it would be ENFJ). Next, NT doesn't seem like it either, so it must be between ESFP and ENFP. The difference there would be cooperative vs pragmatic, and Se vs Ne. I guess with the cooking and obvious sense of taste, it would be Se, do you think?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry that I have nothing to contribute to the topic, but I just wanted to say that your avatar has a striking resemblance to my first avatar.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK; that's interesting. I'm still new, so I probably wasn't around yet. I did notice your current one wherever you post in a thread. Really stands out.
My avatar is the five temperaments (the four ancient "humor" temperaments, plus a new one). The faces represent the basic "stereotype" of the temperaments.
What was your avatar? Do you still have it anywhere?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bump
Any takers on these three?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Since I love Stevie Wonder so much I refuse to believe he's anything but ENFJ. He's got ridiculous amounts of Fe in his lyrics.

Rachel Ray is ESFP.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Stevie Wonder as ISTP? I'm not seeing it.

*cough*

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Rachel Ray is an ENFP.
If Intuitives enjoy food, they will enjoy running cooking shows.

Interesting theory on Stevie Wonder though.. I'm not sure- I can definitely see SP.

Trump, I think, is an SP in SJ clothing.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Rachel Ray is incredibly tactile with the food and her language when describing the tastes, smells, and texture of the food is very Se.

Mondo I notice whenever you type people you have a N bias. Watching the Food Network is an exercise in spotting who's NOT an SP.

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Alton Brown comes across as very ENTP-like. And yeah, I could see ESFP as a reasonable guess for Rachael Ray, at least as far as how she comes across on TV.

And I can't believe no one's typing Emeril! LOL.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wasn't sure if Trump was ESTJ or ENTJ for a long time, but I've finally settled on ENTJ. It's that over the top Te (and ego) and an undying need to be in control. Plus the title of his book is called, "How to Think Big and Kick Ass". I can't think of a better book title for an ENTJ. :)

Stevie Wonder is a feeler of some kind, but other than that I got nothin'.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK; thanks.
Well, again, everyone, I'm looking at Stevie when he was in his early 20's, and producing his first albums outside of Motown's control. He did seem very IT'ish. Not just the way he looked in pictures from then, but also his lyrics. Very "deep" and Thinking like.
Then, at 23, had had the near fatal accident, which completely affected his outlook on life, and the birth of his first child 43 years later. So then, he became the way we think of him today. (Showing much more "feeling"). But I get the feeling that that's largely on the surface. Probably the influence of the SP temperament. So the issue is basically the Interaction Style. In Charge (ENFJ) I don't think so. But on the other hand, that's what Oprah's supposed to be, and on the surface, there might be a similarity.

Laser, just curious; why would you go with ENTJ over ESTJ? Wouldn't both be the way you describe? (though now that I think of it; the book title might not be what you'd expect from an SJ).

Emeril? Now I'd say he was probably ENTJ!

Last edited:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Stevie Wonder? ISFP. Tender, down-to-earth, lovey-dovey.

Emeril looks like an ESFP.

Edit: This has got me investigating AC/DC members past and present via interviews on YouTube. Bon Scott, clear xSFP; Brian Johnson, ISTP.