User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I see zarek as an opportunist who only pretends to hold certain ideals to try and seize power. I think starbuck has the classic istp female vulnerability because of mistreatment thing going on. Thus the on off with lee, because he genuinely cares about her and makes her feel safe, but he cannot "handle" her because he can't heal her past (no one can). He seeks her out because she is his tie to his brother, and because I think she represents Adama to him.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I see zarek as an opportunist who only pretends to hold certain ideals to try and seize power. I think starbuck has the classic istp female vulnerability because of mistreatment thing going on. Thus the on off with lee, because he genuinely cares about her and makes her feel safe, but he cannot "handle" her because he can't heal her past (no one can). He seeks her out because she is his tie to his brother, and because I think she represents Adama to him.
    Fair enough. I haven't gotten into the mistreatment stuff yet.. there's been one episode of that.

To me Zarek is "sincere" in his thinking. The opportunism and fixation with power is Se, but his ideals are real and pretty naive..but not fake. He's a good guy who looks like a bad guy.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Fair enough. I haven't gotten into the mistreatment stuff yet.. there's been one episode of that.

To me Zarek is "sincere" in his thinking. The opportunism and fixation with power is Se, but his ideals are real and pretty naive..but not fake. He's a good guy who looks like a bad guy.
    How far are you into the series? Honestly the ideals seem like a facade. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    How far are you into the series? Honestly the ideals seem like a facade. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty.
    Just started season 3. After New Caprica. He's fucked up so far, but seems kind of humbled now. He doesn't even want to be President.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

At the same time, I do see what kdude is saying. Zarek has an aspect to him similar to a julian asange type "liberty! Freedom!" I think that is indicative of Ti though not Fi
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Finished it up. Yeah, I still think Zarek is ESFP. INTJ for Gaeta makes sense. Two peas in a pod. That whole rebellion at the end revolved around their shared Fi values about the alliance with Cylons. Neither one could be convinced to rationalize situationally, and see compromise as any option. They blew it up into some deep moral issue, like humanity was at stake. And when it failed, they seemed kind of OK with the consequences, with dying. Sounds pretty sincere to me.