Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The Cylon typings are interesting. I don't really know how to go with some of them, simply because Six and Eight especially seem to be split. Are Athena/Boomer same type? Those two completely diverged. Same with "real" Six vs Baltar's "imaginary" [still not sure what's up with that, but hope to find out] Six. Baltar's Six does seem INTJ, while real world Six seems like a head over heels NFP. Very bizarre.
    When it came to them, I went more with early impressions.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

SPOILERZ

I finished last night, and was pretty disappointed. Honestly, it feels as though the series was incredible for 75 episodes, and the last just completely sunk my attitude. The last episode introduces too much confusion [teehee] for a respectable conclusion to such a tremendous series. First of all, no satisfactory explanation to Starbuck's resurrection and disappearance, but that is minor compared to the clusterfuck of inconsistency that emerges from humanity's decision to go back to basics and mingle with the humanoids they found on earth. I can barely stretch my bullshit threshold enough to accept coincident humanoid evolution across millions of light years [this absurdly implies homo sapiens is the inevitable evolutionary track for life given a certain environment] and they satisfy the astronomical chances of such an occurence to divine will :/ , but I can't make the leap to think EVERY human is okay with completely abandoning their technology, culture, ways of life to go back to shitting in huts for 150000 years. No written word, no art, no metallurgy, no agriculture [although Gaius wants to farm, TOO BAD HE CAN'T DO THAT FOR 140000 YEARS OR HE MESSES UP THE ANTHROPOLOGICAL TIMELINE]. The idea that 40000 or so humans would be able to forget their cultural knowledge to the degree that NOBODY tries to resurrect the old ways of their lives is incredibly insulting. By tying the series into our real universal narrative, they de-legitimized their own. Just terrible.

Although I was happy Helo and Athena had a happy ending. What can I say, I'm a huge sap.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

AHAHAHAHAAHA!

You reflect most people's complaints about the ending.

If you chose to only look at it from an emotional standpoint, then it's satisfying. If you try to bring logic into it you'll drive yourself crazy. Cavil had the best idea, in the end.

violaine

Oh my gods, we are several years late but me and mine just made it to the end of Season Three. Yeaaaarrrgggh, so good. (Watching shows marathon style ftw.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Oh my gods, we are several years late but me and mine just made it to the end of Season Three. Yeaaaarrrgggh, so good. (Watching shows marathon style ftw.)
    That's the WRONG way to watch shows! You have to suffer week to week!

violaine

^And forego the chance to sacrifice my health and vitality in a week long binge? Neverrrr! (I am so glad I didn't have to watch week to week, I'd have been going crazy, it's that good.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    ^And forego the chance to sacrifice my health and vitality in a week long binge? Neverrrr! (I am so glad I didn't have to watch week to week, I'd have been going crazy, it's that good.)
    That's what makes it so much fun!

Plus you get to geek out online with the other fans.

Still finishing this up..

Admiral Adama - ISTJ
    Roslin - ENFJ
    Apollo - I don't know..
    Baltar - ENTP
    Caprica 6 - ESFP
    Starbuck - ESTP
    Tom Zarek - ESFP
    Admiral Cain - ENTJ
    Tigh - ISTP..whatever. He's drunk.

Helo has to be one of the dumbest characters I've seen.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Admiral Adama - ESTJ
    Roslin - ENFJ
    Apollo - INFj
    Baltar - ENTP
    Gaeta - INTj
    Doctor - ENTj
    Caprica 6 - ESFP
    Starbuck - ISTP
    Tom Zarek - ESTp
    Athena - ISFp
    Admiral Cain - ESTJ
    Tigh - ISTj
    Anders - ENFj
    Helo - ESTJ
    Tyrol - ESFj

@Jack: I think starbuck's rez is supposed to be abstract you don't know if she's an "angel" like bal/6, avatar of divine will, or just having been dead the whole series and placed divinely until memory is "activated" ironically like the cylons. The idea is that any human may contain these dual (or more) identities. It is like the end of inception. Does the top fall? The idea is not to come to a conclusion, but rather in the tension of not knowing one must reflect and incorporate the possibility that any of these may be actual.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Starbuck - ISTP
    I thought she was close, but she seems to fall back on Se more often.

Zarek is very value/conviction based in his reasoning, I think. Kind of a pushy humanitarian. And no matter how much others try to make him seem cuttthroat or cold, he's got a kind of understated charm and warmth about him.