User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Athena's totally a T. I'm thinking ESTJ, or INTJ. She does what's needs to be done.

Lee kind of follows his "role" in the fleet which makes it harder to type him, I think. ISFP? Sort of naive. (And one of my least favorite characters.)

Adama I think is IXTJ. He cares... after you've taken your commands.

Tyrol I still think is ISFJ. He feels DUTY (didn't he cite it when he broke up with Boomer?). And he's pretty emphathetic (calling a strike).

MBTI
    IXTJ

Well this is what I have come up with: Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling

Let me know how wrong I am. I am not comfortable with some of these profiles. Did the best I could.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by IXTJ View Post
    Well this is what I have come up with: Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling

Let me know how wrong I am. I am not comfortable with some of these profiles. Did the best I could.
    I think you did a great job, IXTJ!
    Something Witty

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm up to season 3.

Admiral Adama: ISFJ
    Lee Adama: ISTJ
    Starbuck: ESTP [does anyone hate her as much as I do?]
    Dr. Baltar: ENTP
    Laura Roslin: ENFJ
    Athena: ISFJ
    Helo: ISFP
    Chief Tyrol: ISFJ
    Colonel Tigh: ISTP
    Sam T. Anders: ESFP

Starbuck has to be one of the most infuriating characters I've ever seen. Every episode I want to choke the life out of her for being completely non self-aware, but it seems to be the writers' fault more than anything for making her so cliche and basic.

I used to not like Baltar very much, but at least he's entertaining and his storyline is far more complex/interesting as he gets more Cylon time, which for me is the best aspect of the series. Number 1 is probably my favorite.

Another minor complaint is the retardation of Cylons during the occupation. I'm supposed to believe the machines are this inept in their analysis of how to control a human population? You want the humans to like you? Build them some houses. Not rocket surgery.

Regardless, the whole series is fascinating to me despite there being an absence of enjoyable characters. I'm hoping the explanation for the Cylons' religious thoughts and culture is revealed because that's been a curiosity of mine since the beginning. As always, I'm far more interested in the motivations and existence of the antagonists than I am concerned with the humans.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm up to season 3.

Starbuck has to be one of the most infuriating characters I've ever seen. Every episode I want to choke the life out of her for being completely non self-aware, but it seems to be the writers' fault more than anything for making her so cliche and basic.
    She was my favourite character!

No lie, I remembered you liked her and was thinking of that while I watched. I found her completely incomprehensible and the ways they tried to make her look "tough" and no-nonsense sort of backfired and seemed incredibly cliche and compensating. "imma do pushups when I'm in the brigg because I'm so tough GRRRRRR. Oh Sam, you big blockheaded pyramid ball player, I'm going to fall for you in all of 2 days while traipsing the wilderness with your hot studliness, marry you after a drunken night with Lee, just shut you out when I get bored of your plank of wood jock personality, but when I get a chance for something meaningful with Lee I must protect this precious marriage I have with Sam out of reverence for some religious rule, you know rules, the things I BREAK EVERY FRAKKING SECOND OF MY LIFE BUT NOT THIS TIME JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO GIVE JOCK A FRAKKING ANEURYSM OVER MY INCONSISTENCIES. Oh by the way, HOW DARE YOU ADAMA, NOT TRUSTING ME WHEN I SHOW UP IN THIS BRAND NEW SHIP AFTER 2 MONTHS AND CLAIMING TO SEE EARTH. I've been nothing but a paragon of inconsistency and untrustworthiness and substance abuse and mental instability my entire life and since you don't trust me on my whims I'm totes cutting you off!"

Bit too much coffee this morning.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Weeeeelllll, when you put it like that

Personally I found Lee to be a bit of a tosspot character.

Yeah, never been a fan of Golden Boys. Although I loved it when he got fat. Chubby Lee is my favorite Lee.

If I have a favorite character, it's probably Dr. Cottle. What a wonderful crotchety old man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm up to season 3.

Admiral Adama: ISFJ
    Lee Adama: ISTJ
    Dr. Baltar: ENTP
    Laura Roslin: ENFJ
    Athena: ISFJ
    Helo: ISFP
    Chief Tyrol: ISFJ
    Colonel Tigh: ISTP
    Sam T. Anders: ESFP

I used to not like Baltar very much, but at least he's entertaining and his storyline is far more complex/interesting as he gets more Cylon time, which for me is the best aspect of the series. Number 1 is probably my favorite.

Another minor complaint is the retardation of Cylons during the occupation. I'm supposed to believe the machines are this inept in their analysis of how to control a human population? You want the humans to like you? Build them some houses. Not rocket surgery.

Regardless, the whole series is fascinating to me despite there being an absence of enjoyable characters. I'm hoping the explanation for the Cylons' religious thoughts and culture is revealed because that's been a curiosity of mine since the beginning. As always, I'm far more interested in the motivations and existence of the antagonists than I am concerned with the humans.
    Those all sound pretty accurate. Though I might switch Adama and Lee.

I didn't hate Starbuck, but I didn't care that much for her. There are better kickass female characters out there that aren't so grating.

As for the Cylons:

Number Six: INTJ
    Number Eight: INFP
    Number One: ISTJ
    Number Two: ENFP

The Cylon typings are interesting. I don't really know how to go with some of them, simply because Six and Eight especially seem to be split. Are Athena/Boomer same type? Those two completely diverged. Same with "real" Six vs Baltar's "imaginary" [still not sure what's up with that, but hope to find out] Six. Baltar's Six does seem INTJ, while real world Six seems like a head over heels NFP. Very bizarre.