User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Fight Club

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

all of the rationalle for tyler being P makes no sense to me. he seems like a completely clear Te dom. Ni over Si -- he's a visionary.

tyler's spontaneity was all within a well defined path of how he wanted things to be. definitely an introverted perceiver.

main character is an IFJ. his feeling is extroverted (based on external standards). i'd lean towards INFJ because his narration is layered and conceptual.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lol ^10 at this thread.

Perhaps when I am in a more tenacious mood I'll rip all of your (incorrect) assessments and theories to shreds!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I just saw this movie for the first time the other day, and my impression was this as well (yes, I was actually thinking about it during the movie )
    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Narrator: IStJ
    Tyler-persona: ESTP (with a little ENTP thrown in). I wouldn't say ENTJ just because his general plans were all of the create-chaos variety and seemed rather spontaneous rather than ... planned.
    Not sure about Marla being INFP, I could see ISFP or ENFP, but that does seem most likely.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Tyler Durden: ENTP, with good Se, so he's almost ESTP, and he've a well developped tertiary function Fe who gift him some ENFJ caracteristics (he's a guru).
    Tyler is a visionnary, he's always interprating the world around him, extroverted intuition is his dominant function, he know how use logicals way to acomplish his visions, Ti is his auxillary function. He've a good Se too, good with technicals tasks and spectacular at the bed.
    Finally, Si is his inferior function, he've a great capacity to ignore that is without importance, dream to destroy the norms, don't care about procedures and live in delabrated house.

The main character: Typicall ISFJ in a bad mood, Tyler is a manifestation of his inferior function Ne.

Marla: Introverted feeler and intuitive, she's INFP

Bob: ESFP

The main character's boss: ISTJ

Angel Face (Jared Leto): ISTP

Lou: ESTJ

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Pitt's character is certainly ESTP.

I don't know about Norton's, maybe the ISFJ-sayers have something, but I see INFP tendencies too...And INTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I've thought about it some more, and I'm leaning towards the main character being ISFJ.

(I read the end not too, and the author did make himself sound like a real ass.)

The message of fight club: don't bother actually making a difference by blowing the whistle on your boss, just fantacize about being a one dimensional macho man and dedicate your life to vandalism.

OR

Fighting is thereputic, because it makes the narrator stop making fun of your man-boobs

OR

Materialistic apathy is a result of not being true to your gender role. If only Jack was jerking off in the bathroom instead of reading that stupid Ikea catalog, his life would automatically be better.

OR

Stop being a slave to the man and embrace your freedom to do what Tyler Durden says.
    But that's what the main character rejects at the end, by taking control back from Tyler- rejecting Tyler's message.

My interpretation: I guess it's sort of an id vs. superego thing. In the beginning the main character is miserable because he's a slave to societal constructs. Tyler instead seeks base pleasures in a rather anarchic (and self-destructive) way and thinks everyone would be happier in that sort of world. I'd say the message is that there's a path between the two approaches he has to forge- one he can start to understand by getting real human connections (what he was seeking in the first place).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I've thought about it some more, and I'm leaning towards the main character being ISFJ.
    Yeah, probably.

MBTI
    ESTP

I think Brad Pitt was a definite P, most surely EXTP, possibly ESTP.

As to the main chracter, I'd say INFJ... maybe? He just doesn't seem to be an S to me, so I have no idea.

Oh, and Marla, haha, she surely seemed INFP, she was crazy.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Actually, I've wrote Tyler is an ENTP with good Se but after reflection, he's rather an ESTP with good Ne. But above all, we all agree to say Tyler is ExTP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, I've wrote Tyler is an ENTP with good Se but after reflection, he's rather an ESTP with good Ne. But above all, we all agree to say Tyler is ExTP.
    Why not ENTJ with strong Se?

They call NJs visionaries.