Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INJ 5w4 is my best guess.

INJ for sure I would think since his Ni conceptualizes some of the craziest creations you will ever see within the literary world as well as his intensive introspective powers.

5w4 also seems fairly obvious since he is a good mix of a rational thinker and a passionate dreamer.

It's your option to delete a post, @Ene, but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's your option to delete a post, @Ene, but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.
    I have that book, as well. And I agree, even if interpretations might still lead to differing conclusions about his type. Regardless of type, to really familiarize yourself with his processing, that book is a fantastic resource.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's your option to delete a post, but I'm glad to see someone else owns: Stephen King On Writing. If you want to know King—personally, as well as his writing process—that book will do the job.
    Great book.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I've never read anything by Stephen King.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I read the Shining. And Pet Sematary (not sure if i finished this one).
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks guys. I second-guessed myself and really didn't think anyone had seen the post, so deleted it. On Writing is an awesome book in which King reveals a lot about himself, his motivations, his methods and his cognitive processes. The part I second-guessed was my own conclusion. I first thought INTJ but after reading someone else's post talking about his style being P, I wavered. I don't really think he is an extrovert, as someone suggested, not because extroverts don't write. That's ridiculous. One of my dear friends is an ENFP who makes about a 100,000 a year writing. She just has to have an active social life when she's not at the keyboard. Extroverts can certainly write. However, there were many hints in On Writing that indicate King has an introverted nature. He also talks about how he would have given up long ago if not for his wife, Tabitha, who consistently kicks his metaphorical butt, calls him on the carpet when he writes crap and makes him stick with a project until its finished. He also talks about how Tabitha was the one who pulled him back for the brink of drugs and alcohol. So, I began to think that maybe it is Tabitha who is the strong "fixed" type and that she has kept him grounded and functioning.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Thanks guys. I second-guessed myself and really didn't think anyone had seen the post, so deleted it. On Writing is an awesome book in which King reveals a lot about himself, his motivations, his methods and his cognitive processes. The part I second-guessed was my own conclusion. I first thought INTJ but after reading someone else's post talking about his style being P, I wavered. I don't really think he is an extrovert, as someone suggested, not because extroverts don't write.
    The extrovert thing was said more to instigate conversation past the "Oh yeah, he's an ISTP 2s1 blah blah blah!!!" level, honestly. At least it got people to think a little.

He also talks about how Tabitha was the one who pulled him back for the brink of drugs and alcohol. So, I began to think that maybe it is Tabitha who is the strong "fixed" type and that she has kept him grounded and functioning.
    She's a writer too, but at a far far slower and precise pace than him. I would definitely say she is the grounded, stable one. He was really messed up on drugs and booze for awhile and from what I understood did some of his writing while flying pretty high, buzzing along at an impossible clip... I mean, jeez... for awhile he was pumping out books like an entire nation of Asian sweatshops. I wondered how he could keep that pace going.

It would be interesting to compare Je vs Pe styles of writing, regardless of someone's MBTI type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The extrovert thing was said more to instigate conversation past the "Oh yeah, he's an ISTP 2s1 blah blah blah!!!" level, honestly. At least it got people to think a little.

She's a writer too, but at a far far slower and precise pace than him. I would definitely say she is the grounded, stable one. He was really messed up on drugs and booze for awhile and from what I understood did some of his writing while flying pretty high, buzzing along at an impossible clip... I mean, jeez... for awhile he was pumping out books like an entire nation of Asian sweatshops. I wondered how he could keep that pace going.

It would be interesting to compare Je vs Pe styles of writing, regardless of someone's MBTI type.
    Jennifer, I too would be interested in comparing J vs. P styles of writing. That would be a very interesting study. So, where do we begin?